Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 12.10.13 (Read 34 times)

Tetsujin, a Bellevue Ghost.....do tell!

Tammy, that looks to be a lot of snow for you guys.

I saw a fountain today along Lake Union.  I guess they forgot to turn it off, and then the temperatures plummeted.  It looked really neat all frozen mid splash.  I wish I had had my camera with me.

SunKid - tell me what the Carlsbad marathon is like.  I'd love to run it someday as it always falls near my birthday, and I love San Diego.

I need to go buy a tree this weekend.  I had entirely planned on using our fake tree this year, but apparently the ex took it a few weeks ago, without asking or informing.  I know, not a big deal, just another one of those head-scratchers.  It reminded me of the Grinch who stole Christmas....shoving the tree up the chimney.  Ha, glad I can find the humour in this.

Apparently Door#8's ex did the same thing.....ah, weirdness abounds.

Oh, about running, I did 4.2 Remi fartlek miles after work in the waning light.  This time, I tried to let him go as fast as he wanted (although we are tethered), so it was a bit of a speed workout, with sniff intervals.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

We don't normally get this much snow. We had near white-out conditions on Friday that dumped ALOT of snow all over Oregon - even Portland got around 4 inches I think? Eugene got around 8-10 inches and ended up with about 8 at our house also, although less in town, which sits on the valley floor. Last Christmas we got a lot also. But we've had record low temps here. I heard Eugene had 1 degree the other day. We've gone to around 8-10 degrees here. We currently have a pipe frozen from our well to our pumphouse, so are using only the water in our 2000 gallon holding tank and hoping we thaw out soon. and hoping that the pipe thaws w/o bursting. We should be back to low 40's by the end of the week.   and school is closed again for the 3rd day due to icey roads on the bus routes. and tomorrow is David's 14th bday and he should be playing a basketball game. He was really looking forward to winning another basketball game on his bday, so he's really gotten the short end of the stick for this bday. We had tickets to the Portland Blazers this weekend (against Mavericks) but that was the day after the blizzard dumped on us, so we couldn't get to Portland. And now no school and basketball game either. poor kid. This will probably be a birthday he'll always remember, and not necessarily in a good way

Tammy

Mariposai

Today was a big exam and then off to work. As you may know, I am now running my life, so it will come as no surprise that Idecided (against the wise judgement of others) to run home from work. Cold, dark, and precipitation is the winter trifecta of HHH. But there was a subway delay and so I ran home in my yoga pants and Chuck Taylor High-tops.

Yippee!!!

Big grin

Sunkid, you are fitting right in!!! Just be patient, the Wiseone, aka Spareribs will answer your question about your training...

Wink

Got some Gym Diva time tonight before my HM planning committee meeting. We are almost ready to accept registrations...it is so exciting!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

enki - The Bellevue Ghost started out as a double mary weekend with the old Seafair,now Seattle Rock’n’Roll, Marathon.  Registration fee is  $5 or so vs. $105 for RnR. Route includes a circuit of your beloved Bridle Trails.  http://bellevueghost.blogspot.com/
          ps - if Carlbad is the same one that used to be the San Diego Marathon, it would be a great birthday run.
          pps - maybe change locks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)