Masters Running

April Front/Back Challenge (Read 65 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay so here it is, April's front/back challenge:  We'll alternate with push-ups one day, and then back exercises the next day.   Today we start with push-ups.

For push-ups you can do girly push-ups if you need to, no problem.  Or maybe even some straight push-ups with girly push-ups at the end.

The next day you do back exercises.  One of these will do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChHvS2QcNcU

or on the stability ball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWRM3eC2GT0

Take your pick, depending on what feels challenging to you.  The point is not how many, just that you challenge yourself and do some of one or the other each day in April.

I did 2 sets of 10 push-ups today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jeffdonahue

Thanks for taking the Challenge for April.

I'm in for this one - was a total bust on my own challenge last month with the burpees, but I hope they helped some people.  I'll do the pushups tonight - not sure how many, but we'll see.  A month ago i was working on the 100 pushup challenge and got to the point where i coudl throw down almost 80, but I havent done anything liek this in a month, so I'm sure I lost a lot of that fitness.

TammyinGP

Thanks Holly! I'm looking forward to this challenge and like the mix-up.

will do pushups tonight when I get home.  I think I'm also going to get back into some ab work. I was doing so good on those in Jan/Feb and then slacked off. And I could feel the difference in my long runs too.

and a big congrats to MikeE on the burpee challenge! You stuck it out even though you didn't have any burpee buddies! good job.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes, Mike - you did fantastic!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Well...I had a couple friends cheering me on.

Thanks, Holly, for not putting a number to this challenge.  I'm going to start out okay but I'm going to back off when I get closer to the marathon.

Tonight, I did 2 sets of 25.

TammyinGP

pushup weenie checking in. I did 10 girlie pushups and 2 manly type pushups last night.

will do the back exercises tonight.

I also did a forward plank for about a minute and around 50 crunches last night. need to tighten up that core again.

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

I'm in and will see if I can make it through the month.  Can't do those particular back exercises but I will replace them with pullups and rows.  I can be consistent with chest exercises but I always fail at back so this will be good for me.

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

Very cool!  We all know our capabilities and the only purpose here is to challenge ourselves, and try to continue throughout the month.

I did 20 of the easiest back exercises from the first video.  I probably could have done more, but thought I would start easy.  To be honest, I haven't been doing the weights as energetically as I should, and am getting flabby, so I need to ease into everything.  I darn near crippled myself with lunges, dead lifts and squats on Sunday, after taking a couple weeks' hiatus.

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--I did 20 of those back thingies, too.  I didn't want to do too many right away.  I'll see how it goes.

TammyinGP

I did 20 also.

Tammy

Mariposai

Can I join this group, two days late?

10 girly push up tonight.

Will the rendition of my back exercise tomorrow

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

New skirt in town

Man, I LOOOVE pushups!  Weirdly good at them.  But I'm not starting anything until after April 15!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Mariposai

20 ripped back exercise without weights done. I also did 20 girly push ups to make up for missing the first day of the challenge.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

2 sets of 10 push-ups this morning for me.

Mike E

MM #5615

2 sets of 25