Masters Running

April Front/Back Challenge (Read 65 times)

TammyinGP

I was considering those also, Holly. But I wasn't sure how many folks were in marathon training, or some type of race training, and if they would want to do something that works those same muscles or not.

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

I was hoping ab work would be next.  I don't think i have ever in my life done more than 3 days of ab work before getting tired or bored or distracted and quitting.  I think you guys ya'll did planks already, but alternating between planks and crunches might be interesting.

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

Whew!  I almost forgot.  I had to get out of bed and get in 20 push-up.  That's enough.

Mike E

MM #5615

Just did 10 back extensions.

Mike E

MM #5615

I did 20 push-ups, yesterday, and 10 back extensions, this morning.

Mariposai

None to report today Dead

But I like the idea of having crunches one day and sun salutation the next?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

30 push-ups and 30 back extensions.

I'm not sure what a sun-salutation is....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hoodoo Guru

30 push-ups and 30 back extensions.

I'm not sure what a sun-salutation is....

Me neither, but it sounds very yoga-ish.

The tangents are moot.

TammyinGP

Sun salutations are a yoga pose - actually more like a series of different poses you transition through. Very very good for stretching out hips, glutes, hams, chest.

May is in two days. Surprised

I would either like to have the challenge be ab/crunches or possibly wall sits. Any strong preferences one way or the other?

I would also like a volunteer for June. I'll be taking some vacation time in June and might be a sporadic poster.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

We could do another odd day/even day challenge - one exercise on odd days, another on even days...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I need to strengthen my legs anyway, so wall sits...squats...whatever you want to do is fine with me.  And whatever those other things are...those are fine, too.

Anyway...after moving Eric out of his apartment all night, I came home and did 50 push-ups.

Mariposai

A visit to the gym showed me that I should keep up with the pushups!

Anyway, I will go with along with what the group wants.

Thanks for taking the chore of being our cheerleader, tammster!

30 push-up and 30 back extension.....boy this summer I will need it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

20 back extensions

Marathon Maniac #957

Still here with 25 back extensions and 30 push ups..