Masters Running

Monday Monday.... Its Good to Me 7 Jan (Read 376 times)

C-R

Morning everyone.

Got my early 5k under the belt and time for work.

Nice runnnig this weekend in the Master's Clubhouse. Looks like we are getting 2013 off to a good start.

Movie night yesterday was Night at the Museum.  Who would have known the Snapper couldn't compete with the Clapper. I guess Beta vs. VHS.

No movie night tonight. Its Championship game time. I hope its a good game and Go Irish!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Good morning Norm and all to follow. Yeah - that should be a great game tonight. Not really pulling for anyone, just hope it's an exciting game.

Opted to not run in the dark this morning so went to the Y. 4 miles is all I had time for and the New Year's resolution people are still hanging tough. The thing that makes me mad is they pay no attention to the "walkers please stay single file" sign and walk two or three abreast. When you're trying to pass them on a track, it gets tight! Got some new planks from one of the instructors at the Y which I'm actually excited about trying.

Lots of nice running over the weekend. You guys are truly inspiring.

Hey Tall - could you share that cookie recipe? Smile

Have a great day and since Norm posted first, go Irish!

Hi CR and Jlynne

I did 2 miles on the TM when I got up. I've had this nagging pain/soreness in my left calf the last week or two. I figured taking the weekend off from getting my wisdom teeth pulled Friday would help rest my calf. I think it hurt worse today then it has yet,and that was just while walking to warm up. Eventually while running the "soreness" kind of telescoped up my left leg to my rear end. Strange. I "ran through it",but cut my run short. I'm just having a hard time deciding if I should "run through it" like I usually do,or take a week or two off. If the pain got any worse today it would have affected my stride/gait ect. Anyway.........

Have a great Monday runners and walker

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Nice early starts today, Norm and Jlynne. Jlynne, don't worry so much about those 'resolution' walkers - they'll lose their focus and be gone in a few weeks.

Some nice runs (and bike rides) yesterday!

Thanks for the tip on '2013' Karin. I was thinking the same as Econo - it'll be different digits till 2020, when we double up.

Congrats on finishing the bathroom, Dave. Pleased with the result?

Nice to see you posting again, Denise!

Nice 5K yesterday, Sarge, especially after your short warm-up. "Race to the Alter" is an interesting concept. Some people run away from it...

Jlynne, I'll take and post some photos when I can get out in daylight.

How'd the multigrain bread come out, Twocat?

Lori, You can also wear Wright socks to help prevent blisters, even when they get wet.

Erika, that elevation chart looks like a smile - a very evil smile...

Today was a SRD, so I used the time to to lots of stretches and core work and, of course, my planks. I think my hip issue from last week is really my sciatica (from last year) rearing it's ugly head again. So I'm using every PT trick I know to try to beat it back into submission. I've made a little progress, so I'm optimistic that I can get ahead of it. Stay tuned...

Have a great day (even if it is a Monday)!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Good morning everyone.

I've got to get caught up reading.

12 miles with road intervals this morning (5x1000 w/400 rests).  One of those mornings where I could tell in the very first mile that it was going to be a tough day...and I was right.  No energy this morning so even the cool-down was a bit of a struggle. But it's done!

Be safe. Be kind.

...actually Sarge may have a point on yesterday's post.....

probably

why the runner sans hat looked like he wished he had brought his Tazer with him

======

rest day........

ok,

how many Alabama Fans and how many Irish Fans we got here??

we can bet push-ups.

I'll put 50 on 'Bama

..............good running guys.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

As a University of Florida fan I never root for SEC rival Alabama.  And when Nick Saban dumped the Dolphins; let's just say he's not my fave coach by a long shot.  But ... I've had a lifelong dislike of Notre Dame that goes back to my days at MSU and growing up in Michigan.  So, as much as it pains me ... (this one time only ....)  Roll Tide!

We got DS and GF's wedding invitations stuffed, stamped, and mailed.  Another BIG check mark off the never ending To Do list ...

7 quickish, but sluggish miles on Saturday.  It's been quite humid the past few days and I felt it on this run.  It's amazing how I have lost my sense of pace during this extended lazy period.  I was trying to run Easy but the HR showed otherwise.  I remember when I started being coached by Tinman.  The very first thing he did was slow me way down on my "just getting in the miles" days.  (Don't get me wrong.  He had/has plenty of Tempo and Interval workouts.)

I'm hoping to get wet after work.  Haven't been in the pool since early November.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

- ran 3

- passed my physical

- gave some blood to be tested

- Goodwill drop-off

- trunk load of cardboard dropped off at the recycling center

- now on to work

delicate flower

'Morning.  Crashed skiing Saturday and felt my knee pop.  I had to be dragged off the mountain via sled by ski patrol.  It's now swollen and painful.  I tore the ACL in the same knee in 2009.  I am trying like hell to get in to see someone today but it's proving to be difficult.

Looks like an extended stay on the disabled list for me.  It's disheartening...I was running so well lately.  Major, major bummer.  At this point I have no idea how much this will set me back but I'm guessing it's significant.  I also have a ski trip to Colorado in three weeks which is now looking like a no-go.   Sad

<3

King of PhotoShop

Sorry to hear that Baboon. Heal up soon.

Good discussion on socks.  As I don't do ultras or trail runs I don't have much experience with wet socks or blisters, but you all know I am an Ambassador for Feetures! and I've never had a blister with one of theirs.  The Elite fits so snugly that it can't rub against your skin.

Books are new to me Marj, not new to Trollope!  Good one.

Put me down for Notre Dame TW.

3.4 slow recovery miles for me after yesterday's 16.  Felt fine.  Spareribs

King of PhotoShop

Forgot to mention Jay, that your quote on Saturday re shoe wear was so outstanding that I used it in today's DMN blog post:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/2013-running-ideas-readers-respond.html/

Thank you. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika – that’s some elevation profile – yikes!

C-R – movie for us this weekend was Looper.  Not bad, but grim.

Drake – that’s always the tough decision with new pain – to run through it or not.

Baboon – ouch!       

No run for me today, just a light upper body and core workout.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

[[[[[[[ baboon ]]]]]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

I have such a hard time with socks. I've tried (and I like) Feetures and Balega's. But after only a couple months of wear, I get holes in the toe. And at $10-$13 a pop, I feel I should get more wear out of them than that.

and then I can buy a 3 pk of Nike dry-wicking socks at a discount place like Ross  and those last 3 times as long for a fraction of the cost. Guess I'll just stick with that.

no run today. Did my planks this morning. and will do another set of planks and some stretching this evening while watching football.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

[[[[[[[ baboon ]]]]]]]

+1.  You're probably not far removed from recovering from the first tear.Sad  Sure hope it's nothing too serious.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.