Masters Running

Saturday, December 22 Masters run and chat (Read 664 times)

I think I am really starting to like this site. Am I automatically in the 1000 club? Can't wait to check it out. Come on everyone, make your training log public!! When I first started logging at CR, I thought, no way would I ever do that. But I can see how opening up something that seems "personal" to the group, well if everyone does it, it provides a sense of cohesiveness and trust within the group. I peeked at some people's logs....Just remember you can access all the data, and read their notes from particular runs. So if you had to make 4 potty stops during your long run, you may not want to go into too much detail about it! Embarrassed Long run today, will check in again later. enkeph

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

va

I think I am really starting to like this site. Am I automatically in the 1000 club? Can't wait to check it out.
      The 1000 Mile Club is its own separate group. It's a public group, so anyone can join. Note that on January 1, the mileage starts from 0 for the new year.
        Great runs out there today... I was up at 8:00 AM this morning (isn't vacation great...)...51 degrees...sunny and clear...then I checked the forecast...cold front and showers coming through...so I tried to get moving...by the time I was out the door, it was cloudy...NE wimds and 42 degrees... Well....4 recovery wiles with 5X100 and a half mile at MP... Getting ready for tomorrows 17 mile MP run..... MC....wow...12 today and 21 tomorrow....whew...I did my biggie (21 miler ) last weekend.. Now it is time for my toasted bagel and cream of wheat.... Tim, Ardmore, OK.

GreenMan

G'Morning Some nice runs out there. bright and sunny 40* IRC 2.45 w/u 1000,800,600,400,200,100,50 with 400m recoveries 2.45 c/d I was aiming at 7:25, which is next year's goal 5k pace, but that wasn't holding by the 400. However the short ones were considerably faster, but Garmin has trouble with short stuff and they may be suspect. At least I didn't break anything. Overall OK, learning experience anyways JJJ
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
          Tramps

Howdy. A nice hilly 10-miler for me today. Lots of chores to get done today, so I trimmed it back from my planned 13. Being a transplanted New Englander, I still can't get used to running a few days before Christmas and seeing neighbors raking leaves. Leaf raking is supposed to be in October! I feeling much better about the "move." All this discussion has reminded me again of how many nice folks there are running. We may not all end up at the same place but there's no reason we can't visit.

Be safe. Be kind.

7 mile GA run for me, nothing special, but getting over a bout of ITBS -- my knee was achy yesterday but seemed fine today, happily. Started around 8. Now I'm brewing -- first time since August. I've been working too hard! Workout: 6.1M, 8:16/mi. AHR 151 Overall: 7.1M, 59:02 Good luck racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave59

I did the second 2.5 mile loop today that I should have done yesterday! Not much, but it feels good to run, whatever the distance.

Run of 11.17 miles is done. Enkephalin....if you register for the 1,000 mile club, then the system tracks your mileage to keep you updated throughout the year. Even though I just signed up this morning, as soon as I had registered, it showed where my standing was against the Pace Bunny etc. It really is neat for anyone trying to get in 1,000 miles for the year. A haircut and a little Christmas shopping this afternoon.
                  Vista
                    I haven't had one minute to think about what forum I'd end up on during all this upheaval. The simplest solution is to just follow WRFB. I'm good at that. Had to be at work by 7am this morning, and only now just learned that beer is being brewed at our house by reading this thread. Sheesh. I snuck out of work for a bit at 11am and ran 4 miles at some pace that was not discernable due to a very confused Garmin. I will have to sneak out for considerably longer tomorrow to get in a planned 15 miles sometime between the morning and evening status meetings. Hi Tramps!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

6 easy miles @ 10:30 pace this morning. 26F and 35-40 mph winds and blowing snow. Pretty much blizzard conditions. I felt like a kid out playing in the snow....wait a minute...I was a kid out playing in the snow! Tim..what a difference 150 miles make. I live up in NW OK...I know you're down S abit. You made a wise choice to get out and get your run in early this morning.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        The simplest solution is to just follow WRFB.
                        Ah, all is right with the world.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

WRFB...your avatar is drinking a beer....why the long face? Big grin
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

#artbydmcbride

Hee, evryday! Big grin Got up early and met up with the other wimpy southern Californites running the Christmas Tree run this morning. Shivering in our jackets and mittens and staring with horror at the FROST on the grass!! Shocked I could see my breath in puffs of white! Even though I hit the garmin twice and never noticed until the 3 mile mark when I glanced to see what my 5K time was, and saw it wasn't running, I ran nice and easy. No pain from the hip flexor (note to self: 600 mg of ibuprofen is the bomb! Smile ) Came in second in my AG. Won a Christmas tree and a holiday plate. Drove to a needy family that had no tree and gave the Christmas tree away. (Wouldn't want to make my flashy fiber-optic disco tree jealous)

Runners run

Tramps

The simplest solution is to just follow WRFB. Hi Tramps!
                              It's so sweet how PDR does this "stand by my man" kind of thing so Lou can save face, when we all know what the real story is. Wink (Hi PDR!)

Be safe. Be kind.

anachrotech

Finally had a run this morning that felt great ! On the treadmill even. 4 miles in 44:16 (yes I'm slow). Hmm. 1000 mile club. I came close in 2006 but this last year was wretched. I may try. I'm thinking of running the Martian Half in Dearborn MI. Has anyone done this one? Good runs all.