Masters Running

Saturday, December 22 Masters run and chat (Read 664 times)

evanflein

Yeah Soundie on finishing up that 21 miler! Way to go... hey, I use popcorn as a carbo loader every day... just finished my big ol' bowl here a few minutes ago. My reward for all the shopping I did ... ok, most of that was grocery shopping with DH. That was fun. We brought home some awesome stuff. I'm going to be cooking a LOT on this break, I can tell! Those 10 extra pounds? Oh, well, yeah... they're still there Roll eyes Dark Horse, I have too many stoopid medals and stuff... I'll send you some. Ilene, you're so tuff. Glad you survived the frost... And on that note... I ran 8 miles of brutal hills today in the waning daylight of the solstice sun... Gorgeous day. Temps were -7 downtown ("real feel" -17 according to Accuweather... not sure what they were talking about), but about zero here at my house and probably well above zero (10?) at the top of the hill. I overheated big time about half a mile into the run, and by mile two I'd taken off my mitts to just wear my poly-pro glove liners, and felt like stripping off my fleece jacket. Prolly should have, I could've picked it up on the way back. I had on my balaclava, headband for my ears, wool vest (should've skipped it), 2 winter weight tech tops (overkill with the fleece), brooks tights, Hind Arctic pants, smartwool socks, poly pro glove liners, brooks mitts... whew! Too much! I was way too hot. Ok, so tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer, and I'll wear much less. How do you get the charts off your Garmin training center and into a PDF or JPG to post? I wanted to share my elevation (start at 800 something, ended up over 1400...) chart but can't figure out how to pull it out of the training center?
    TammyinGP

aw thanks. No kudos deserved. I was whining in my head the entire time. Tam, keep up the rowing and I want to see you and Sous arm wrestle at the next meet up. Eugene? Hey, anyone, what does the emoticon second to the end mean? Dejection? (I like it) And the 8-ball?
      in my line of work, an 8-ball means something entirely different that what it must mean here. . . . Confused arm wrestle Souci?? that would be entertaining wouldn't it . . . at my expense of course. I did enjoy rowing and she is the one that inspired me to try it out. I'll do it again sometime.

Tammy

Congrat's to Ilene, Oldguy, and all you who ran those long long runs. And all of you who just get out there. I'm always inspired by the daily thread, so please keep it up. Smile
          How do you get the charts off your Garmin training center and into a PDF or JPG to post? I wanted to share my elevation (start at 800 something, ended up over 1400...) chart but can't figure out how to pull it out of the training center?
          I also download my stuff to sporttracks http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/index.html . It has real maps, and you can save all of the maps and graphs to jpg files. Also it has much more graphing capability than trainingcenter. Note that it does it's own calculation of what has been a mile run, which tends to run shorter than TC. This affects the splits by up to 5 seconds/mile, but I still find it worthwhile. (I tend to use the TC splits and miles in my reports here -- not sure which one is more correct, though).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com