Masters Running

Tax Day Tuesday (Read 40 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Amy, I hope you find a dog to share your condo with!    I've had dogs since I was about 20, and I dearly love the two we have now, but my DH and I have decided that when they've gone to doggie heaven, we won't get another.  We're working part time now and will retire soon, and dogs make it so much harder to travel the world.  Something to keep in mind.

Holly, I can't remember an April when it DIDN'T snow here... or a May, for that matter.

Have fun at the Chicago marathon, Byllger!

Today I had errands down in Boulder, and took advantage of the nice weather to play hookey for the afternoon and run 20  miles on the Boulder Creek Trail.  About half is paved and half dirt, which I figured was good practice for the Avenue of the Giants.   It was technically my last 20 miler before the Avenue, although I'm planning to run a 50k trail run this Saturday with some friends who are also training for the Bighorn.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Fly by post, 3.4 Remi miles.  60 F out there.  Nice.

My dog steals food, it is getting a bit annoying.

I don't know enough about breeds, but a friend has a cocker spaniel that seems pretty mellow.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tax day is over, whew! We had the thickest packet ever and ended up with a refund for once. Maybe that is the answer?

I am nodding off here trying to catch up on my read-thru-the-Bible in one year. I liked the cartoon from yesterday, both of them, actually.

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow so I swapped my 4 mile run with a Y day. The lake is 4.75 so that sufficed. The wind was about 25mph but I only had to walk a bit up one hill. It does get easier. I can't believe how sweaty I get when it is below freezing. It was a hat, glove and jacket day, that is for sure.

Oh, MrStarr realized that he forgot some parts when he put the dock together, important ones, after the thing was rolled in the lake on Saturday. Today we got it pulled out, fixed and pushed back in. I do remember asking him if they gave him directions.......

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Wow, some chilly runs here today! It was 46° when I went out for my run after work, and our clear sunny skies had clouded over and it was breezy with a spitty sprinkly rain... but hey, the bikepaths were mostly dry and only a couple of icy slush spots. I loved it! Ran 7.1 miles with some hilly bits, 8:15 avg pace. Tomorrow we might see some snow because that spitty stuff could turn to flurries tonight. Oh well, it won't last with temps in the upper 40's or low 50's all week. Heh....

Unsettling news from Boston today, but I think it'll turn out to be not much of anything. Still... remembering the tragic day a year ago....

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, MrStarr realized that he forgot some parts when he put the dock together, important ones, after the thing was rolled in the lake on Saturday. Today we got it pulled out, fixed and pushed back in. I do remember asking him if they gave him directions.......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

. I do remember asking him if they gave him directions.......

Directions?  We don't need no stinkin' directions!!

At least you didn't have to pull it off the bottom of the lake.  Or make it on America's Funniest later in the summer.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.