Masters Running

Monday 10/8/18 (Read 37 times)

SteveP

MikeE kicked off the Sundaily with shout outs to friends.

HollyS achieved 5.3 in warm temps. She's cooking up the good stuff.

Jlynne hiked a Foxy three miles with DH. As long as you had fun on the golf course, who cares what the score is?

RunnerKSA mixing it up on a date with gym.

TwoCat knocking it out with a sweet as pumpkin 5 minute cardio. That's a pretty big deal.

Falconfixer pushes out 6.8 on a wonky knee.

Dave59 made a mile before wisdom kicked in.I use braces and sleeves myself.

Tramps zipping through 40 miles.

Coastwalker crosses paths with RA legends at his 5K before inning the division. Well done.

Spacityrunner sweating out 2.5 in the triple H conditions. She adds another mile and a half for good measure.

Tetsujin209 snuck in an astounding 26.2 homegrown duathlon.

Bioguy is the king of the lawn and still gets 3.5.

Henrun dominates his field and parties like a rock star.

Yay Mariposai!!!!!

We enjoyed a MilkTruck sighting.

Joe618 regales us with is delightful insights to Chicago's great event.

Surly Bill kicks in his experience, strength and hope.

SteveP ain't got nothing for Sunday. I got 2.5 very soggy doggy trail miles on Saturday. Tag was starting to encourage a turn around shortly after a mile, but we went another 1/4 before turning around. Even though it was raining and cold, we had a hard time finding a place without hunters or hikers.

SteveP

Tramps

Thanks for starting us off, Steve.

Glad Mariposai and her friend got in under the wire! Congrats.

Sorry to hear Hermosaboy had to pull up.

Still warm and swampy here (broken record, I know) for 5 miles this morning. (Mike, that 6 was a different route.)

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning guys. Thanks for the start Steve, and always love pictures of the dogs. The look of pure joy on their faces running through the woods always makes me smile.

Warm (well, by our standards for this time of the year) and muggy here as well this morning Tramps. And rain. Lots. Of. Rain. And more rain in the forecast, though it's supposed to get up to 65° here today. An hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weights, core and stretching for me.

Sorry that HermosaBoy didn't finish. He started out so strong. And glad to read that Mariposai and her friend made the cutoff.

Off to feed the kids. Salisbury steak, steamed carrots and dinner rolls with no butter on the menu today. Could you possibly make a Monday any worse?

Henrun

Happy Indigenous Peoples, Columbus, and Canadian Thanksgiving Day. Rest day for me with nothing scheduled 👍. Enjoying the cool weather before the heat returns.

Dave59

I went to the gym for an hour on the ARC trainer. My legs were a little squishy after that. I almost stumbled down the stairs.

Felt like a good workout.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Monday, all.

I got an earlier start than expected, when I got an email yesterday from my boss asking if I could come in an hour earlier to discuss pertinent to the trip he was going on that his flight was earlier than he expected.  Oh well, good practice for running tomorrow and maybe I'll leave on time tonight .

Saw a notice for a 5K race around our lake this Saturday as a fundraiser for one of the elementary schools that may be the perfect cherry pick race.  it's only the second year--I looked up last year's results and not a single finisher out of their 40's and every finisher outside the top 10 were over 30 minutes.  This probably means that Henry and Marj's fast old folks find out the same thing and descend on the race.  Plotting this way very rarely works out for me, but at least it's a contribution to the school.

oh yeah, yesterday was 3.1 around the lake in muggy weather.  And I will never tell DW or the other ladies here, but my two days of not eating during ear infection knocked off 4 lbs. that seems to have stayed off despite returning appetite.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

Saw a notice for a 5K race around our lake this Saturday as a fundraiser for one of the elementary schools that may be the perfect cherry pick race.  it's only the second year--I looked up last year's results and not a single finisher out of their 40's and every finisher outside the top 10 were over 30 minutes.  This probably means that Henry and Marj's fast old folks find out the same thing and descend on the race.  Plotting this way very rarely works out for me, but at least it's a contribution to the school.

Stumpy - you're probably safe for AG win as the "fast old folks" will be there on Nov. 3 when they've even added an early start for the cool slow old folks!

3 miles with some fartleks - i could almost call this race walking not power walking.  biking soon to check out the local 10K - no longer Tufts, now Reebok. probably can't find our friends because there's 7000 runners/walkers

steve - great write-up as usual and doggie pics

jlynne - it's a holiday for kids around here

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, atypical early Monday post for me since it is a federal holiday.  I'm still at the house, at least for a couple more hours.  Joined what my old early morning running group has morphed to in the last few years and we went 8 miles.  Will check Garmin later but think it was in the 8:40 or range per mile.  Actually below 70 (69) deg F but the humidity is still there (based on my singlet and shorts after).  Fun run and always good to get caught up with friends.  Will drive back south after lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Rolls with no butter?  How cruel is that?

Kevin - good job picking a race.

Steve - thanks for another happy dog picture - nice way to start a Monday.

5.1 miles for me today in 73 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Hi All,

back from a long weekend and short on time to catch up on the weekend dailies. 

We left Friday morning, travel trailer in tow, to head up to corvallis to see the college-boy. Took him and his 2 roommates out to dinner that night. He had a heavy weekend of studying so he did homework while the DH and I lollygagged at the campground on saturday morning, I ran a quick little 3 miles to shake the legs out, then we shopped at the college store, went to my packet pick up for Sunday's race, then took the guys out again for a early dinner before the football game that evening. OSU lost but that wasn't unexpected. I think they are ranked bottom in the Pac 12 right now. Football is just not their strength. <sigh> 
                      Sunday morning I had my 25K trail race. Condor 25K. in the McDonald-Dunn forest. totally spectacular trails.  I'll do a little write up with pics on the race thread. Will definitely go back up to run that one again.

Tammy

I went to the post office this morning. I forgot that it was Columbiginous Day; they were closed.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

anneb

It IS Columbus Day and I'm off! It's one of those odd holidays for my firm that we kept after separating from a larger investment bank.

The H had an early flight to Boston so I've basically been awake since before 6, but I'm sure I'll find something to do... Given that, I ran an easy 6 just before 10am. Holy cow it is steamy out there today. We're supposed to have near record temps through Weds, and then its going to turn markedly colder (like, lows in the 30's!). I'm sure I'll have no idea how to dress for my runs again...

Thanks for the doggie(s) pic SteveP! Those guys are living.

Anne

Hi and Bye ~~ 

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Love the doggies.

Be safe out there, folks. My daughter was hit by a car this morning while she was running. She was crossing (with other pedestrians) with the WALK sign at a busy intersection and a woman came around a bus and ran the red light. The driver wasn't going very fast, fortunately. This happened right near the Vanderbilt medical center where my daughter was taken. They asked her "Which hospital would you like to go to?" Um, the one RIGHT THERE! We got the dreaded call, got to the ER and she was doing pretty well. Very shaken, bruised and scraped. Nothing broken. Got her Garmin stopped as she hit Mile 2 in the ambulance. Driver was ticketed. Not how we wanted to start our day.  We got her home. She will be very sore, but the Motrin has helped a lot.  This is not the kid I get ER calls about.....it's usually the one who rides his bike at 50 mph.

The Vandy ER is wonderful, but scary.  You get completely searched going in (visitors)- every single thing out of my purse.  They bring gang shooting victims, and don't want the rival gang folks coming in and finishing the job.  Cops sitting outside a few of the rooms watching over bad guys, I guess.    I am not a fan of hosptials.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Choppy week ahead for me.   Business meetings out of town for three days, had hoped to run on several moments but the agenda expanded substantially...we'll see what I can fit in.   Pity, there's a fantastic trail which I can access about 200 feet from the hotel where we are cloistered.  Not sure how much I'll be able to check in this week.

Then an important half marathon for me on Saturday...not sure I'm ready, it will be an important measuring stick.

See ya

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.