Masters Running

Sunday (done your taxes yet?) 4/14 (Read 44 times)

I've been thinking about my friend Tim from here in OKC who is running Boston for about his 15th time.  What an inspiration he has been!

Enke, that sounds like quite an accomplishment.

5 miles easy this morning.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good Luck to all the bostonians tomorrow.  Enjoy the day and soak in the atmosphere.  All the best to Ribs and his distribution along the way.

Just under 11 miles this morning in Richmond.  I was supposed to do 16, but I went for the bike trails along the James River and ended up spending just about as long in time as I wouold have for 15-16.  I had a great time doing it, but the majority of the trails had Expert at the start and they were, how you would say, challenging?  Very pretty scenery, friendly bikers and runners and ending up with a 17 mile weekend anyway.  Climbs are one thing, but how you made some of the turns on the downhills seemed sort of impossible.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Glad to see that Troy and his son made it home to Alaska. It was an honor to have them visit us while they were in the mainland.

5 miles this afternoon meandering around the orchards!

I stole this picture from Facebook! The RA Master's family reunion this afternoon.

We still need a few bib numbers:

The Beers

Rtravers: ..........

Spareribs: .......

Ileneforward:.....

Mainerunnah: ...

PLEASE report your numbers so we can track you tomorrow.

Good luck to the Boston Runners tomorrow!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Aww Man, photos like that just make me wanna.......fly to Boston.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Awesome - keep them coming!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I wanna be in Boston too! I too am looking forward to the race tomorrow and will be able to check online once in a while.  My coworker’s SIL from SW MN is running it for the first time.  She qualified at Grandma’s last June by 4 seconds.  I’ll try to keep tabs on everyone from RA, thanks for the list, Tammy.  I don’t even know what time it starts!

Holly – I saw Godspell in NYC on our Sr. Class trip many years ago.  It was fantastic, from what I can remember.  I still have the piano book, maybe I’ll get it out and play a bit when things settle down here.

Today, instead of having church services, we went out to “be the church”.  Some people stayed at church to pack goodie bags for those in need.  The rest of us went out to pick up branches and trim trees around town from the ice storm.   MrStarr and I went to clean up the yard of a member of our congregation who moved away recently but still owns a house here.  She is single, a doctor and has 6 adopted children and has no one here in town to help.  Our neighbor took down a big tree so we helped with that this afternoon too. I’m exhausted but it’s a good feeling to know that worked hard and made a difference to someone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich