Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.28.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday's workouts:

Tramps (morning exercises + 20 min 3:1 run/walk in swampy stuff)

RunnerKSA (3.1 morning miles in marathon taper)

Dave (3.2 park miles on gravel path with little residual calf soreness)

HopesMom (morning run/walk in humidity with DH and Dusty, and Chewbacca following for a bit)

Marj (3+ swampy morning mies)

Holly (4 miles in 65° temps)

Catwhoorg (5 run miles, 16 bike miles)

Spacityrunner (2.3 swampy sunset miles around the workplace)

Tet (5 sunny morning miles)

Tammy (4.2 miles, some with XC team)

Evanflein (8.3 miles with hillage)

More chicken (yep, glad we asked) and 'wildlife' news yesterday, with spiders, snakes, barky dogs and trailing cats and stuff - oh my.

Congrats on getting a surgery date, Tomwhite. I wonder if the surgeon will show up in costume on Halloween? Maybe Steve can loan him a Batman rig...

I thought I saw you on TV at the dig a day or two ago, Marj! But it was very quick, and I couldn't be sure.

Last night's meeting was only 2 hours, and I got home and to bed at a reasonable hour, so I had no good reason not to head out for a workout this morning, which was too bad because walking out the door was like walking into a wall of humidity. It was 75°, and the dewpoint was 71, and there was no breeze to move the air around. I did manage 4.8 RW miles, but it sure was ugly and slow. I felt like I couldn't breathe enough air in, and like my body wasn't sweating near enough for the H&H out there, which was a bit disconcerting. This is supposed to be the last of the H&H for us for a while too, and I'm very OK with that.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hope your weather breaks, Jay!   Ours is supposed to, also, but I'm leaving for MN tomorrow anyway.  It might rain for the marathon, which I will hate.  Ugh.

2.2 miles.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Marj is on TV, Erika's getting interviewed for the newspaper...movers and shakers!

Yay, TW!  Glad you got a date for the surgery.  [Insert Halloween joke here.]

BTW, TriBee finally got a follow-up appointment to learn about her MRI. Good news: no broken bones so no cast.  Bad news: a torn tendon, so 6-8 weeks of a splint. She's also got to decide about the early retirement situation by the end of next week, too, so lots to think about.

Ditto on the last day of H&H.  Looking forward to Fall again.  20 warm and blustery miles on the bike.

Be safe. Be kind.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, all!!  Shameless selfish plug here, happy birthday to me!!

The spiders are wolf spiders.  They eat crickets, grasshoppers, cockroaches, and small dogs and children.  They have venomous bites, but their primary weapon is terror.

Our heat and humidity is supposed to break tonight/tomorrow, thank goodness!!  Chorus rehearsal tonight!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

[[TriBee ]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59, I am like that too: as soon as something stops hurting I forget it even happened, often to my later regret.

HopesMom: My DW and I have different perceptions on the size of spiders/bugs. She'll call me down to get rid of a HUGE spider and it's usually small enough that I don't see it until she points it out. I've been hoping to show her a tarantula on one of our trips as an example, but no luck so far (or maybe that's good luck?).

Erika: Let us know if you get mentioned in an article so we can look it up online! And I'll take a spider in the house over bears in the back yard any time. Just sayin'.

So the day of my bike ride, Tuesday, turned out to be the hottest day of the entire year (93F). How weird is that? But today is nice and seasonably cool and I had a comfortable 4-mile run back along a woodsy trail.

Have a nice day, all!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom: My DW and I have different perceptions on the size of spiders/bugs. She'll call me down to get rid of a HUGE spider and it's usually small enough that I don't see it until she points it out. I've been hoping to show her a tarantula on one of our trips as an example, but no luck so far (or maybe that's good luck?).

Living dangerously, there, Roch!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hopes Mom - Happy Birthday!

As usual, super-hectic at work for the last couple of weeks.  There seem to be more end-of-month deadlines this month, so I have been a bit stressed, but I think I made all those that were going to happen, and those that are being put off until next month are for reasons out of my control.

We all (the office employees) have to stay after work for an Oktoberfest party that is also sort of a customer-appreciate thing.   At least there will be beer and food.  I will try to slip out by 7:30, and since I will already be at 45 hours for this week then, will take most of tomorrow off to do my LR and deal with some home-caring issues.

55 breezy degrees this morning actually felt pretty cold, and I was wishing I had worn a lightweight LS shirt instead of my short sleeves.  I guess it is time to acclimate to cooler temps.

7 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

.....I told Pickles

if they come into the Surgery Room dressed like Clowns,

we're

gonna wait til the day AFTER Halloween........

============

..but I digress......

40-min PoolRun with letters

...............good Running to ya

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

five miles - took advantage of the last day before the PNW is supposed return to the rainy norm tomorrow and enjoyed five more sunny morning miles including across floating bridge that used to host one of the Seattle Marathon out-and-backs before the Light Rail construction took over this year.  It's another record setting temp day here but only for the date.  Erika - if the last three-and-a-half month dry spell doesn't spoil me for fair weather running, nothing will. However, I don't think there's any cure for web feet. We'll see.

ps tom - good luck.

Image result for images clowns dressed as doctors

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

.....shudder......

mrrun

to go with tramps picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqj9Mq39FM

Happy Birthday HopesMom!

no running, only bicycling on errands and such

marj

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday to Hope's Mom and Roachrunner!

We've been having Seattle-like weather this week, with lots of rain.  Today the skies are still grey but it's not actively raining, so I went out for a chilly 10 mile run around the neighborhood, admiring the golden aspens. I wore tights and a long sleeved shirt, and had gloves that I kept putting  on and taking off.  I also had a raincoat tied around my waist - I didn't need it, but I'd hate to be 5 miles from home when it started raining.  Here's a picture from my run:

Tramps, I wish I could un-see that picture...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

spacityrunner

I have run in Carolyn's neighborhood.  It is stunningly beautiful any time of year...but oh that picture is nice.  Our poor trees are starving for water so the leaves are dying (turning brown) and falling.  I fear with no rain in sight we will have very little color.

It was cooler tonight by a couple of degrees and I enjoyed my sunset run around the workplace.  Same route/distance/pace/time as Tuesdays run.  Kinda freaky.

Trails Rock!