Masters Running

The Saturday Before Boston Daily (Read 43 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice racing for Mike, Holly, Tom, Deez, Henrun, and Marj!

Kevin, hang in there and heal up.  We all know how tough that is.

I had a good run today - it wasn't a race, or even a fatass run, just a 50k training run that one of the members of the Front Range Ultra Runners posted on FB.  Six people showed up, and we all ran more or less together (they had to wait for me to catch up at trail junctions, but they were always within sight, so I wasn't far behind.)   Only two of us ran the whole distance. One guy just did one lap because he ran a 45 mile race last weekend, and 3 others turned back at about 20 miles because they had things they had to get home for.  Total was about 31 miles in about 8 hours.   Here's the elevation profile - looks kind of like batman!  Fun, but tough trails and very steep!  (I forgot to start my Garmin till about 0.8 miles into the run - duh!)

Here's a picture along the trail.  I'm at the back, as usual!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Nice racing for Mike, Holly, Tom, Deez, Henrun, and Marj!

YES!!! great racing everyone!

Wildchild, you make me feel like a slacker today. Great run and what a nice shot of your running buddies.

The plan was 18 miles with a half marathon (ghost) orchards in bloom race. I ended up with 22 miles (long story) with a half marathon in 9:30 pace sandwiched in the middle. I treated this a true race. I ran as fast as I could the whole time.  Not bad of a time for this stage on my overall training.

Then I came home and I finished getting ready the yard for spring. Working all afternoon in the yard made me very happy. The sun was shining the whole time. .

Now where is the wine? I think I earned a glass, or two.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

I would say you deserve the whole bottle.

A superhero looking course for a superhero kind of gal.  Nice run wild.  (I don't think I've ever said "gal", before...hmmm...I don't know if I like saying "gal".  gal gal gal gal gal gal.  Nope, I don't like saying "gal")

Very small 10k race this morning but I can't control who shows up.  Won my AG, 4th male & 7th overall!  Not a PR, though.  Still, a good steady pace so I'm happy.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

just a 50k training run that one of the members of the Front Range Ultra Runners posted on FB.

that is just so fantastic, if not unbelievable

I'm almost afraid to ask but what in the world was a 50K good for training for? .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)