Masters Running

Keeppin' up (Read 405 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Paaalease no one take this the wrong way at all. Many here may know I really have no family to celebrate the Holidays with....but I am very happy within myself, OK.(running would help though) I have 3 kiddoes...my two boys are in the Army...one in Iraq, and a DD in the Air Force...Bless their Hearts. But, as I know and noticed a family next to me...I sat down one night and wrote this. It is not really full of big - fancy words, or hard to understand, but just what I was thinking and feeling at the time. This couple got divorced and left a couple of kids very sad. They had the biggest house on the block and always drove the newest vehicles. Their clothes were always the latest style, and their kids must of played every sport. They belonged to every lodge as well, and the Country Club too. They had the biggest TV you could get...and their pool sure looked nice, and their vacations sounded like fun....good Church going folk too. A moving van pulled up to their home one day.... The Joneses have moved. Someone said they got a divorce. I guess they weren't that happy after all. They sure did have a big house though. People, please don't take your friends and family for granted...cheerish each and every moment. Before ya know it...they are gone. I love you all, Bum foot and all...I wish the very best to you and yours this Holiday season Smile TimBo Hugs will be fined...as this was not the point at all...

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

People, please don't take your friends and family for granted...cheerish each and every moment. Before ya know it...they are gone. I love you all!...Bum foot and all... TimBo Hugs will be fined...
      Very well said, Tim. Too many seem to forget that it's not the giving and receiving of gifts. It's spending time with your family and friends, and showing them your love. Thank you to your kids for serving our country in its time of need.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Prince of Fatness

Money cannot buy you happiness. It's amazing how many people don't get this despite all of the miserable wealthy people they see around them.

Not at it at all. 

Kudos Timbo! Three kids in the military, you must be so very proud. Be sure to send them my thanks for their service to our country. I know what you mean about taking things for granted which is why I often times end up not posting for several days etc. I have a wonderful family and my wife, four children, their spouses and our 9 grandchildren can really keep me busy along with work, house chores, running etc. you get the picture. Anyways, I wasn’t always this happy and my first marriage suffered as a result. I was a workaholic and was always devoted to my children but somehow I forgot about my wife and the need to nurture our relationship, to make a long story short we ended up divorcing. As a result, when all was said and done, I learned a very valuable lesson and became a better person after having gone through all that I did. And the one thing I vowed was to never ever take my family or my friends for granted. Best wishes to you my friend, may you have a happy holiday season and a prosperous new year.
            Tim, Who needs big fancy words, when you can say it all like you did? Very well put, and a good reminder to us all. Coincidentally, Sunday night I ran into a "friend" at a local pub that I try to avoid for the reasons that you described. Unfortunately, I caught his eye before I could bail out, and he "had to buy me a beer." The price I paid for the beer was having to tolerate the "I, me, mine" story... just joined a country club (Jeez, the dues is a killer... glad I had such a good year)... just won the annual sales trip from the company (second time... hope they send me somewhere fun this time)... just replaced the golf clubs - again - (Man, the driver alone cost me $500)... Meanwhile... he has two daughters, which he never even mentioned. His wife is sitting at the bar trashed, and making a spectacle of herself. He never asked "So, how's things with you?" People, please don't take your friends and family for granted...cheerish each and every moment. Before ya know it...they are gone. You are so right. Happy holidays to you, Tim, and to all!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

munchkn883

People, please don't take your friends and family for granted...cheerish each and every moment. Before ya know it...they are gone. What a true statement. Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May God bless you all. Love & Hugs to my running (walking) buddies who have lifted me up more than once! I don't know what I would do without you all.
              wildchild

Carolyn

Hugs will be fined...as this was not the point at all...
                You don't want hugs? Shocked Confused But I thought you said we should cherish our friends! A handshake just doesn't quite convey the same warm feelings...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

You know, just tonight my DH and I were discussing our "tightening the belt" strategy for the coming months, but we both admitted that we already have everything we need - good health, great kids, good friends, a warm, snug home, cars that start in the morning, food in the pantry, and most of all, love. You are so right, Tim, that you need to cherish all these things....Merry Christmas, cherished friends!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

Tim: thanks for posting that, well said I am spending this Xmas alone but I am good with that, without little kids, the magic isn't really there, This is the longest I have been apart from the love of my life in a couple of years, but we are still able to talk every day, and we know things will change in the future, patience is so tough sometimes though. I have love for friends and family, I know it is returned, I don't have to be with them on that day. Tim, I kind of know how hard it might be this time of the year, My mom said her hardest Xmas was when I was in "Nam" my brother was in Germany, and she didn't really know where either of us where. If this Xmas is ruff, others will be better, and it might be a good chance to start new "family traditions" to make it the Xmas you really want, Merry Xmas to all. Dave

Marathon Maniac #3309

Kudos Timbo! Three kids in the military, you must be so very proud. Be sure to send them my thanks for their service to our country.
                      Thanks Buddie, I can only be in contact with 2 out of the 3 right now. My oldest Son in Iraq, I can't talk to right now...sure you all understand why. Thanks again...your running is going great BTW....you just wait, I am going to whup your butt in a race soon...prolly not, but hope to meet ya someday soon. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

You don't want hugs? Shocked Confused But I thought you said we should cherish our friends! A handshake just doesn't quite convey the same warm feelings...
                        Carolyn, a hug from you would be greta....hug away girlfren... TimBo

Marathon Maniac #3309

Our Dear Holly and Dave...well Dear Dave doesn't sound quite right. Thanks...you make me tear all up. Thanks...thanks for tearing up??? HAPPY HAPPY Holidays RA folk!!! TimBo

The Jogger

hi Tim I liked that post/thread, great humility, a nice way to start xmas morning. I too am injured and not running but hope to try a 3 miler today. it's xmas here already , so merry and peaceful xmas to all. roy
                              Great thoughts, bike. Thanks for posting them. TomS
                              Mariposai

I took this posting to heart when I went out for my run this Christmas day. Thanks for your gift of words and most importantly thanks for your gift of friendship.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard