Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 2.4.14 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

What an adventure, Dave! Congrats on having more fun with Annabelle, and on the SPR (Statin PR). What's a Bruno Mars?

Thanks Mike, and the rest of you too.

Glad you like the new shoes, Ribs. Will we get a full report? Thanks for the link to the 1st column on the Boston quiz - fun stuff!

Leslie, I hope that cooler heads and saner people will prevail in coming up with solutions to the water problems you folks out west are having. However, no matter where you live, you can count on a wacko working hard to get his 15 minutes for his "it's all about me" thoughts.

Good post, as usual, Tet.

What's this all about cats?

We turned off the Super Bowl after the 2nd score. I found it very boring. I guess I'm officially no longer a football fan. So it goes.

We got a dusting of snow yesterday that left the roads pretty wet by the time I got home last night. I didn't want to have to deal with skim or black ice for the 2nd day in a row, so I stayed in this morning and did some core work instead. The cat was confused by the change in routine, but managed to deal by extending her nap time. The forecast is for some significant snow tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get out ahead of it in the morning.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Lazy, day after vacation, back to work Tuesday.  Don't know if I'll run or workout at this point.  Just getting caught up at work and washing some clothes.  Good thing about going to Florida in the winter, I wore all short sleeve shirts that I won't need up here until May (the way things are going) so there is no rush on the laundry.

King of PhotoShop

Jay, next time try this gambit. It is guaranteed to work. After the troll gets finished with his rant, and everyone is looking at you to see what you will do, stand up, pause, then look right at him and say, "Thank you (name) for your comments.  I appreciate your candor, and your opinion means a great deal to me."  Say it with seriousness, and then sit down.

He will have no idea what to do! He won't see you just made a fool of him and he can't argue with you. Meanwhile, everyone else in the room will marvel at your poise and class.  Works every time.

Last night the Saint and I went down to SMU to hear Malcolm Gladwell speak.  They had about 1,600 in the audience and he spoke well.  Enjoyable evening.

4 miles with my RP dodging raindrops this morning.  Spareribs

What's this all about cats?

What??? Obviously, I overlooked something very important.

I like Ribs' suggestion for Jay at his next meeting.  I could never pull off something like that, but me thinks Jay will be able to.

Good Morning - 7.5 miles this morning with 2 miles of tempo work with hills thrown in.  Just about killed me.  I was only suppose to do 7, but due to my brilliant mathematical prowess, I ended up with an extra .50.  Stunning, I know. 

Do any of you watch Jeopardy!?  It changed times here, so I keep forgetting, but I caught it last week with Arthur Chu, the current ongoing champion.  Apparently, people are ticked off at his strategy for playing the game and consider it unfair to the other players.  What??   Um - - forgive my obvious ignorance, but isn't winning the whole point of being on a game show???  As long as a player isn't cheating, he/she should be able to use whatever strategy he/she has at his/her disposal.  . . . . . . . People are weird.

Okay - Work time ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

....mornin' guys//...........no work-outs this week >>>>>>SLACKER

but

to comment on jay, yes that SuperBowl was Embarassing to watch

=========

.............good running to ya

currently

have the Urge to Hibernate,

hopefully a poolrun tomorrow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

janie b good

4.77 TM miles.  more snow on the way!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

SUPERBOWL - that's funny, I didn't think there was anything embarrassing about Seattle's finally getting to prove its much maligned "pedestrian" and "mediocre" defense against the otherwise outstanding Brocos trying to protect their best quarterback in the world from seattle's relentless rush. We still consider ourselves very lucky.

CATS.
                Jay/Zigs - sorry about the cat “thing” but, after a lifelong aversion to stealthy felines seemingly more interested in themselves vs the  loyalty of the canines I’ve been around all my life, a little kitten we were entrusted with as Christmas-present kitten one day in December before delivery to grandson the next day melted my heart by curling up on my shoulder all night long. I wanted to keep him. Did I mention he was an ear nibbler too?
                CHU.
                Zigs - one of the few of the many annoying teasers AOL users are bombarded with each day that I’ve ever bothered to look at was this morning about Chu’s Jeopardy tactics.  Unfortunately, it’s already been replaced by the usual annoying nonsense.  I’d like to hear former Jeopardy champion Dr. Robin’s impressions though as I’m on this soapbox too.

RUNNING - there's a first annual two million inch run here this weekend (31.5 miles).

Glad it's not five million, eighy thousand centimeters (50.8km).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...true dat.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Tet - we have 2 dogs and 1 cat, and our cat is often the most affectionate - he's just a fur-bearin' love critter...

We are supposed to have another big storm tonight.  Weather.com says 100% chance of snow for 12 hours straight, from 7pm to 7am, but only says 4-7 inches accumulation....seems like you would get more snow than that in 12 hours.  The other possibility is that some of it may be freezing rain, so it could be an ice storm instead.  I am taking files home and plan to work from home tomorrow.

4.7 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave, nice job in the half in Tallahassee and great visit with Annabelle.

Nice long runs for C-R and mar.

I've had a hip bothering me a bit so decided to take it easy for a day or two.  This morning, I did a slow (15 min/mi) 2 miles walking on the TM and 2 miles on the exercise bike.  Maybe my hip is showing sympathy for my son.  This morning, he had hip surgery.  It was done with a scope and the goals were to remove a bone spur on his hip ball joint and repair the damage it had done to the labrum.  The surgery went well, according to the doctor, and my son is already back home.  The prognosis is a couple weeks on crutches and then a few months before he's completely recovered.  Tomorrow morning, we'll go down to be with him the next couple days while his wife is working.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Dave, did you and Annabelle get to have ice cream?

Me and Dad went to get Honey so we could go run run run! Rachey, my sister and Honey's mom, did not have anything for Honey to wear. We had to stop at a store and Dad got  her a very nice shirt.

When we got to the trail, I was so very rexcited and pestered Dad until he said, "On your mark! Get set! GO!". Boy did I go too! Dad and Honey went the wrong way and I had to go down a different trail and get them.

Finally Dad remembered why we don't go this way when it is way cold out and the whole world looks like it has ice cream on it. There is a big big river on the trail and we don't want to get our feet wet.

When we went the best way, there were deers all over the place lots of times! I tried to make them go run run run, but Dad gets scared and screams like a little scaredy baby. When we got to my best bridge Dad looked on the river and there was a deer on the ice!

I wanted to go get it, but I changed my mind.

On the way back home, Dad stopped the truck and put the window down. Then he got out and showed us a real live bunny!!!

He did not let us make it run run run and me and Honey were both sad. Honey kept yelling, "Please please please please please please please please please please please please please!"

She did not stop and I think she would have made any promise to Dad it he let her out.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Dave59

Dave, did you and Annabelle get to have ice cream?

Yes.  We had chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and a drumstick (vanilla in a cone with chocolate and nut coating).  But don't tell Annabelle's mother because I'll get in trouble.

Mike E

MM #5615

Umm....Dave...you're talking to a dog.
                            Dave59

Umm....Dave...you're talking to a dog.

That dog can type and post pictures better than a lot us people so I don't have a problem with that.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi folks, remember me? Smile

I'm posting to say that my plans for May, and the Avenue of the Giants Marathon in particular, have changed. Turns out I'm going to have to bag this trip and race altogether, unfortunately. If anyone wants to take our cottage at Miranda Gardens, please let me know ASAP, since I plan on canceling it in the next day or so. Looks like the race registration is transferable with special arrangements, so if anyone who wants to run the full but hasn't signed up yet, maybe that can be worked out as well.

I'm really sorry to be doing this, but life and circumstances aren't going to permit me to do this one. Sad

Hope everyone is doing well here.