Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 11.2.17 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (5.6 miles, including 3.1 morning TM miles + 2.5 post-work miles)
    Tramps (exercises + 3 miles)
    Dave59 (3 TM miles at the gym instead of out in the rain)
    Marj (biking + 2 lectures)
    Jlynne (4+ morning miles with the Y girls in 28 windless degrees)
    Fatozzig (exhausting core & ST work)
    Pfriese (EZ-paced 12 miles)
    Holly (10 morning TM miles with wintry mix outside)
    Spacityrunner (4 mountain miles with Spa Pacer trail gang in cool, very foggy weather)

Mike (13 miles, including 10 at tempo, completing pre-marathon training)

Surly Bill (7.25 miles @ 7:57 pace)

Jlynne, my hands cold up real easily too, and I love my Saucony mittens. When it is really cold, I’ll add some lightweight gloves inside of the mitts. And when it’s below zero, I might add some Hot Hands too.

Dave59, I have a feeling you are going to sneak up on a good race this Sunday.

Henrun, I have no doubt that you were one of those truly caring doctors.

Fatozzig, the last time I got called for jury duty, they were going to assign me to a slander case. I got dismissed because I told them I thought it was stupid and a waste of everyone’s time.

Thanks for all the great and tasty reasons not to go vegan (not that I was tempted...)!

FYI, I looked up the winning walker from Sunday’s race on Google, and didn’t get any race results fro him at all. Then I looked me up, and also didn’t get any race results. New Google search paradigm? Surly Bill - everyone had the same color bibs, and there were no random judges except for the course volunteers, but they wouldn't have known who to keep an eye on for racewalking.

4.3 RW miles at 3:50 this AM in very mild 54° temps.

I'm feeling overwhelmed with projects and deadlines for every group/race I'm involved with. I don't like it, but I have no choice but to wade through it, so that's what I'm off to do.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Great start, as always, Jay.  I also tried to find this 'walker' and couldn't.  His wife ran it last year for a 2:15 (I think), but I couldn't find any results for him in vermont either.

out for a 2+ mile run in the dark this morning - IRC, but no time for a longer run.  biking around town this morning - can't believe this weather.

for any nytimes crossword puzzle addicts, today's puzzle is about nyc marathon and co-authored by peter sagal - great fun!

twocat - enjoy houston!

happy runs/walks,

marj

3.1 dark, windy but warm miles- 62 degrees.  Strange weather shifts this week.  Off to court this morning like a "real" lawyer!  Well, I'll be watching my outside trial counsel argue some motions.

2.5 miles after work on the treadmill.    5.6 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy for Houston, but certainly didn't make it to see the end of the game.  Seems like ages ago that they whupped the Sox.

3.1 brown bag miles this morning.  Didn't want to get up, get dressed, or run.  But I did.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quickadder

Stayed up late to watch the Streauxs win the World Series, but still managed to join DD for an easy 4.4 miles at 5am. Had to check the Calendar to see if it was really November as it was 70F and 100% humidity this morning.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Happy for Houston

+1  That city could use something to celebrate. Seriously? Right now - with everything that's been going on lately?  I think we all could.

6 miles in a 42° mist this morning, followed with 30 minutes of weights and core.

Hey Mike - where's your marathon? Is this one to cross off another state?

DS#1 and DIL are going to Florida with their 3 boys for a work conference all next week. We'll be dog sitting their one year-old Beagle "puppy" Miles. DH is not real fond of dogs - or pets of any kind really. This will be an interesting experiment.

Thanks for the tip on the crossword Marj!

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Masters!!  I usually start the Penguin thread over in Beginners and Beyond (it's for the slower runners, and my not running is pretty much as slow as you can get, I figure), and I like to look up what holiday each day is.  Today is Plan Your Epitaph Day.  I borrowed from a well-known Sweet Adeline song:

Here lies HopesMom.

I'm glad we laughed, I'm glad we loved,

I'm glad we sang together today!

So, what's on your tombstone?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Mariposai

My epitaph? Hard to say, but it would look like this:

She lived passionately,

Her Butterfly wings covered thousands of miles.

She believed in the impossible.

This has been a crazy week at work,  but I was able to leave work at 4 yesterday to run my long run of the week. 13 miles in great fall weather.

Carpe Diem to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Morning all!

Will need to leave work early today to get in a run. Last dry day in our forecast for awhile so need to take advantage of it. Supposed to get hit by cold temps and a deluge of rain from tomorrow and for the next several days. 

Tammy

Tramps

Just exercises today...on a deadline.

No epitaph for me. Green burial, please. Cremated and scattered along a nice hiking trail would be good. 

Be safe. Be kind.

spacityrunner

Me to...I'm having trouble deciding which trail will get me so I might just have them throw me into the lake for the fish 

No epitaph for me. Green burial, please. Cremated and scattered along a nice hiking trail would be good. 

Trails Rock!

Fatozzig, the last time I got called for jury duty, they were going to assign me to a slander case. I got dismissed because I told them I thought it was stupid and a waste of everyone’s time.

That's one way to get out of jury duty! 

No epitaph here, either.  Take what organs are needed, cremate me, then scatter me on a trail somewhere.

Another option is free cremation if you donate your body to science.  In the past, I've notarized documents for a couple of people who didn't have the means, nor did their family, to do any kind of cremation or burial.  I figure I'm done with my body, I'm long gone - why not?

I am definitely sore from yesterday's workout, and I have no motivation today.  I finally crawled out of bed a little before 7:00.  *sigh* This means I will more than likely be running in the rain when I get home from work.  Tis my own fault!

I bet there are a lot of hung-over people in Texas today! 

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

So, what's on your tombstone?

"I told you I was sick!"  Just kidding - cremate me and dump my ashes in the creek in front of the 17th green at my local golf course. I'm always there anyway

Marathon Maniac #957

My tombstone?

She was always too busy....

Crazy busy at work as usual, and since I started with a 7am meeting at a nursing home, I just didn't get up early enough to get a run in.  Just found out that my boss scheduled me with a 4:30pm client meeting at the south office.  Thanks boss.

Tomorrow I have to leave by 6:30am for the 90-minute drive to an all-day seminar in Columbus, so prolly no run tomorrow either.

Then Saturday I have to drive 90 minutes in the other direction for an all-day drug and alcohol class with DD (the one she/we have to do because a party she was at in August got raided and she got a ticket for underage drinking).

Looks like Sunday's run will have to be  an ultra.....

Things were so much easier when DD was age six, nine years ago.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

4 miles this morning.  Followed by eye doc appt.  Trip to Lowe's to get some more insulation for our RV.  We're heading out next week for 3 weeks, half of it in the Smokies and Blue Ridge Mtns.  Need to make sure we stay warm!

Congrats to the 'Stros and their fans. Had to watch the 9th on DVR today as I could not make it to the end!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!