Masters Running

Rehab Thread - Starting it up again (Read 856 times)

Linda, hope youre running soon. It will help you with the other stuff. I know about the job stuff. Doing a career change right now. Just completed step one of phase one (cert. personal trainer).

Email me anytime.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Rindaroo

Okay i finally got out there again! Sunday i went for an unmiled untimed run &the was surprised i hadnt lost everything i gained. Smile This morning i finally made it back to the gym. 5/2's three times on the treadmill &the some weights. It felt great. TW - where are you? Hope all is ok. Laurie - I'll email you. My life is crazy with tons of changes!!! But it will be good in the long tun i do believe...

..Hi guys//.......I tore myself up

end of April walking solid concrete in Downtown Memphis wearing StreetShoes

(well, it was a Wedding.......Adidas and RacingCrutches weren't an option)

===========

have a NewPlanB of

Sun-trailrun

Tues-poolrun

Wed-hiking/poolrun

Thurs-Xbike Standing

Sat-poolrun/reelmowing

...hope to add another trailrun for Thursday, but at present can't do it....

PLUGG ON//////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

#artbydmcbride

{{tomwhite}}  Smile   I went to my physical therapy evaluation yesterday, and the PT says he will work with me and try to improve my bum right knee.   He seemed less hopeful than I would have liked, but he is also young and gorgeous so it wasn't a complete downer.  Big grin

Runners run

''Young and Gorgeous''

..Always an UpSide illene//..........what'd ya do to your knee?????

#artbydmcbride

I'm not really sure, Tom, it could have been the hard fall during a trail race, or just pulled out of whack from muscle imbalances in my leg.  Its been bugging me for months, but I keep running.  Smile

Runners run

Lindas back to running. Yay!

Tom, any progress since?

Ilene, hows the knee? Have you tried taping or knee brace? The PTist can help you with taping patterns and which one is right for you.

I am still running. Good days and bad days. More good than bad though. I try to use Lindas pure running method. Which works. I am so tired of times and clocks anyhow. Plus at my age it just doesnt matter.

Doing senior games next weekend. I am scared. lol

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

#artbydmcbride

I haven't tried the taping, tsunami, but I am wearing capri tights for the compression effect.

Runners run

..remember ilene//........too much compression will actually have a Laxative Effect.....

progres is a RelativeTerm laurie//..............running once a week PainFree

and

having 4-zero impact work-outs

to supplement it

actually

IS  Progress for me

...this is based on the Fact

that as far as ever Running Normally goes

I'm Screwed.

Youre not throwing in the hat are ya?

...nope............Just Inventing a New Way of Running///////

as a

Cooperite since 1964,

Points is Points......

http://www.fitnessforlife.org/highschool/hs-chapter-16/topic-161-coopers-aerobic-points

Rindaroo

TW - sorry to hear about the setback Sad

My daughter graduated from elementary school today, and I ended up being home this morning with time to kill.  My body was not so happy with me... had tweaked my shoulder Sunday and it was affecting my alignment.  So went for a run today.  Well.. it wasn't pretty, but I did get some running in.  Plugging along...   I think it helped loosen me up some too.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hey folks. I was random googling, looking for something which by now I've forgotten what it was, when I came across this article. Oh man, tomwhite, I really hope it doesn't come down to the same for you....

...Good God OM//.............how Bizzarre of a Co-Incidence is that??????

signed,

Herman Kabowstawitz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,formerly tomwhite