Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.27.12 (Read 405 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh geeze Norm, I am so sorry to hear about your wife's re-diagnosis... when I heard you weren't coming to the Monkey, I was really hoping that wasn't the case.... please give her my best, and know that my prayers are with you both and your family.

So many new people here, that's great! But yeah, you guys have to follow the rules, and only post about running... especially if you wake up wanting to run hills Wink

Only 6 miles for me today, nice and easy in the snain (snow+rain=snain, i.e. big flakes with no accumulation). The 5k I'm doing this weekend is called the Reindeer Run, and I hear that people dress up a bit. I'm thinking of wearing my Grinch hat...

SteveP

Sorry for the fly by. This was posted today:

"Registration for the 2013 Bayshore Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K will open on December 1st, 2012 at 8:00AM EST.

Marathon (Limit 2750) $95.00

Half Marathon (Limit 2400) $85.00

10K (Limit 2000) $35.00 until 12-31-2012

$40.00 from 1-1-13 to 2-28-13

$45.00 from 3-1-13 to 4-30-13

$50.00 from 5-1-13 to 5-23-13"

When my back is stable for a few days, I'll be back on the bricks and sharing the dog's exploits.

SteveP

Following OM's lead---it was a six mile day for me as well. 5:00 am, flurries and a nice bite in the air. Today's run was a pace run---holding 7:30s (with the goal of making it comfortably hard---well sort of). No "only" about it though---plenty for my still stiff hip flexors.

{{{{{C-R and C-R's wife}}}}}}  Kick this cancer's A$$! Thinking of you all the whole way.

Drove up to a meeting near Lake Placid soon after my run. The drive through Keene Valley and in view of the Olympic ski jump site is just tremendous----a bit more snow there and gorgeous. Lots of driving today, but all worth it.

Tet and Ribs---if that 2 lbs per inch of height is correct, I should be 124 lbs? I better get eating!  

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey Norm--very sorry to hear the news about your wife.  I usually don't use the words Slo does, but in this case, there aren't any better.  I will keep her, you, and your family in my prayers.

I ran 10.2 mile in 1:18:44.

Okay--I guess I'd better go introduce myself to the RW people.

C-R

Thanks everyone. It's good to be able to vent a little to folks that know a little about life and how precious it is. From the first go round, we know that prayer and good medical help can beat back the beast. It will this time too.

Got run #2 tonight. A nice chilly 6 miles to clear the cobbwebs.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone's doing OK, I put in 3.5 on the TM tonight after work, this time I ran on an empty stomach. Had a late dinner last night, got home late, full stomach and ran a mile for the running streak, I will NEVER again run on a full stomach.. 

evanflein

So sorry to hear that news, Norm. You know you've got a good support network here, I hope your DW and you have a good one IRL, too. 

You guys be nice to the new folks. We're delighted to have them join us! Did anyone offer to make snacks? Cookies? Coffee? Hmmmm....

I didn't run or hit the gym or anything yesterday. Couldn't get away during the day and was too tired after work. Although I'm sure a 30 minute jaunt or bike ride or something would've felt good, I lazed about and went to bed early for a chance. That felt nice. So... today we went to the gym at lunch for elliptical and a little bit of weights (hard to fit a meaningful workout into a lunch hour when you have to add driving time), but after work I came home and hopped on the treadmill for a run with some interval play in there.

After a warm up, I did 4 x 800m (well, ok, .5 mile) @ 8:00 with 400m (.25 mile) recoveries @ 8:34, then 2 x 400m @ 7:30 with same recovery and 8:34 pace to finish. 7.5 miles total and the last few speedy bits weren't nearly as hard as last time I tried this. 

Jlynne, I was thinking of doing a short run outside, but it was -22° at work and -9° here at home; somehow I just couldn't face the idea of running out in that, even though the full moon looked wonderful. It sure would be nice to get some above zero temps though....

Marathon Maniac #957

I’m glad Slo got away with saying what he said.

The censor button wasn't even blinking - he simply speaks the truth....

{{{Norm}}} Let me add my prayers as well.

Ribs - Big grin

I'm enjoying seeing the new folks post, and look forward to getting to know you better.

Too busy to post last night - got home from work to one of those "by the way, mom, we're having a bake sale and can you make cookies tonight?" and so spent some time in the kitchen supporting my son's school club (JSA) event.

4 miles for me on Tuesday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Too busy to post last night - got home from work to one of those "by the way, mom, we're having a bake sale and can you make cookies tonight?" and so spent some time in the kitchen supporting my son's school club (JSA) event.

4 miles for me on Tuesday.

He didn't wait until morning?  there may be hope for him Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.