Masters Running

Happy 4th! 7.4.17 (Read 36 times)

mrrun

May the day sparkle with lots of good fireworks and good luck to all the racers!

mta:  Happy Birthday Paul!

marj

Tramps

Marj--terrific Times piece by Brody.  Thanks for alerting me to it.

And thanks for the supportive notes from others.

I'm reading around about options and strategies.  I think I'll lay off running until I know more.

Happy birthday, Paul!

Enjoy the day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Tramps, I had an injection of hyaluronic acid several months before my knee replacement. Although it didn't totally relieve the pain it did allow me to walk and jog a bit and was good way of preparing for surgery both physically and mentall.

Marj and I ran a local 5K this morning. She got a 2nd in herAG and I was 4/4 in mine. Hard to believe that in a road race with less than 600 participants there were 4 men over 80( and one woman). We did see a number of our 65+ club members.

Wow, hen.  That IS surprising!  Congrats to you and marj for getting out there and marj on the hardware!

We went to fireworks last night (at the brewery) and they were outstanding fireworks.  We were VERY close to them, which I've never experienced.  Technology has sure improved over the years as far as fireworks.  Anyway, later night than usual for us.

I went over to the path and ran 6 1/2 miles in the humidity.  Today marks 2 years for my streak- averaging 5.1 miles a day.  It will end at some point, but not today!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

flats

turtle runner eximious

Tramps, I had an injection of hyaluronic acid several months before my knee replacement. Although it didn't totally relieve the pain it did allow me to walk and jog a bit and was good way of preparing for surgery both physically and mentall.

Marj and I ran a local 5K this morning. She got a 2nd in herAG and I was 4/4 in mine. Hard to believe that in a road race with less than 600 participants there were 4 men over 80( and one woman). We did see a number of our 65+ club members.

Michael

flats

turtle runner eximious

Just finished my recovery run. I like taking time off work, I can get my runs in

Factoid. It's legal to purchase fireworks in Ohio, but they must be taken out of the state in 48 hours, and fireworks are illegal to use in Ohio. Can't make this up folks.

Michael

...tramps//......would switching to a Softer Surface help??

I've been

using the Soccer Fields

for so long I think they put me on the Coaching Staff

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...tramps//......would switching to a Softer Surface help??

Like water?

Happy Fourth-of-July

ps KSA - I thought they only did fireworks on the third up in erika-land (or. at a little southeast thereof), 'cause it's too light too late for the Fourth.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Nah-  Lots of communities do the 3rd or even the Saturday before the 4th.  Around here the Big Deal is in downtown Nashville tonight (wouldn't go near the huge crowds), so other displays moved up to the 3rd.   I would do this one again.  It was fun and you got to have pizza and beer while you waited!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Travelled up Bertha via a different trail. Woodchip Hill which ironically has no woodchips. 6 repeats. 8 miles total.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Happy 4th of July friends!! I am on 2+ week vacation in my favorite place!! Been beautiful weather and lots of fun with family and friends!! I don't go back to work until 7/18!!

Went to a lake in Kennebunk with a friend in the campground who does triathlons. Before we even got on the highway a young moose crossed our path - maybe 20ft in front of us!! Sure hope he/she stayed safe!! We had a beautiful swim then my friend bones back to the campground (his bike was in my car) while I stayed in the area and did 7.2 miles of beautiful rolling hills!! Such a pretty run!! Sticking with a 5min run/1min walk pattern so it takes longer than it used to but so far my body parts are happy - hope they stay way!!

Enjoy your day and your health my friends!!

denise

pfriese

Happy 4th everyone.

Nice racing Marj & Henrun. That's turning into a nice running streak RunnerKSA. I love it when BerthaSlayer slays Bertha Hill.

Consensus on PF seems to lean towards; rest, ice, & x-training. That being the case, I will take a break from running for at least a couple of weeks (probably longer). So, this morning I went for a 29 mile bike ride.

Paul

evanflein

Happy birthday to Paul! And also to Peter who doesn't post much anymore, and Econo! What are the odds we'd have three 4th of July babies!?

Hi Deeze! Nice to see you getting back into it nice and easy. Glad all the body parts are happy, that's what we like to hear!

RunnerKSA, good streak you have there and good attitude. So many 'streakers' seem to be in denial that the streak will ever end. As we all know, it has to as some time. Just got to make sure the streak doesn't take over and become more important that your health.

No "official" fireworks here. That's a funny thing about Ohio. Who enforces the 48 hour thing?? It's too light for any real fireworks show here, but you can buy the noisy things outside city limits. Our poor dog hated this day, just like New Year's. Speaking of New Year's, that's when we get our fireworks, when it's dark and cold out! Makes for a brilliant display.

I wanted to go do my hilly trail run, but with all the run we've had it might be pretty muddy in spots. Considering my options at this point.

C-R

Hey All - in lurk mode for a while.

Sorry to hear Tramps. Hope you find the right solution.

WTG Marj on that race. Wow - 4 guys in the 80+ category - that's really neat.

I've been slowly increasing miles and staying healthy. Happy about that.

Got the first kiddo registered at Purdue. A new chapter begins shortly.

Have a great 4th with friends and family.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

catwhoorg

Labrat

20E 20T 65E

12 miles and change.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18