Masters Running

July 4th, Run for the pies 5K (Read 218 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Short RR for a short race, Run for the Pies 5K in Carnation ,WA (yes ,the canned milk one). Very local race in a small town , lots of kids and festive athmosphere since the traditional parade and other activities were to go on throughout the day. It turned out a nice family outing for the 5 of us, with DD, DS1 and myself racing. As I was lining up for the bib pick up I found Enke and introduced her to my rowdy bunch. Needless to say, I was going to run by feel without looking at splits and time, and I was convinced DD was going to smoke me since she had already run the distance faster than my PR but of course a 13 yrd girl is hardly ever a rational being .... We took off and I immediately lost sight of the kids, I was expecting DD pass me any moment but she had obviously decided to just go for a jog..... Our gun times: 23:10 Mom, 24:32 DD, 25:32 DS(10yrd, who ran his heart out with no training other than soccer) . After the race we went to explore the towns up the Snoqualmie Valley and finally we stopped to buy a couple of those delicious pies we ran for in Carnation, before going home and firing up the grill, a real and very rare day off!! Karen (Enke) and Francesca Thanks for reading, Francesca
      Hi Francesca!! Rowdy? They were so well behaved! Great race times for all of you. Got to love how kids can go out and run fast on little training... Once again it was great seeing you. I too went to the Farm to buy some pies. 3 of them, we ate the cherry one last night. Another guy at the store asked me if I had won them.....fat chance!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

King of PhotoShop

Very good times for both of you, and a great pic too. Which one is the mom and which one is the daughter? Spareribs
          Franc, Congrats to both mom and daughter on a well run 5K. Both of you look lovely. Yum, pies....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Run for the Pies 5K in Carnation ,WA (yes ,the canned milk one).
            now I know where the fourth of july, . . . and the goddesses, are around here on the Fourth. we'll have to start giving you extra credit for being greeting committee for a goddess boomer too. nice tempo run franci, now plug in a few long ones in case your third 50 miler in three months might work out on July 26!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

What fun running for Pie. Thanks for the great picture. I love putting faces to avitar's. A day spent with the family is what a holiday is all about. Nice race by the way. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Nice racing! And I agree with Halllar.....family fun, that's where it's at!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                huskydon

Francesca, Sounds like so much great fun! So cool that your family could take part! The children are fast, but mom is even faster! Very nice that you could meet up with Enke as well. I remember my parents taking the family to Carnation when I was a kid....... huskydon
                  evanflein

Great photo of you and Enke! Sounds like a fun event... I love it when my boys run with me but it doesn't happen often enough. 13 year old boys aren't very rational either... Big grin
                    Dave59

You've got a fast family. (I wonder if my 18 and 21 year old daughters are rational beings... Roll eyes )

sounds like a lot of fun!! congrats to all!!

denise

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

A family race. how cool is that! Very nice racing for all of you. Yuz FAST Francesca!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

What a wonderful event Francesca!!! Written by a proud mom. Thanks for the picture and RR.

SteveP

What a good day, Franc. Being with family is always good. Seeing enke and beating the kids is great. Congratulations. TomS