Masters Running

Saturday: let's go to the shore! May 28th (Read 39 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Good morning!

I'm being a slug and enjoying coffee and the paper before my run.  Yes, it'll be hot, but every once a while,  lazy is good.

Erika is running Bayshore this am.  Her bib is 2468 and we can track her at www.bayshoremarathon.org.  They just started (7:15)

That's all I got, for now.  Red Sox on TV here this afternoon.

grins,

A

E's passed the 4 mile mark in 32:47.

10 miles  in 1:23:28.  The duct tape must be holding on the GreenBay blisters!

..................ok, gotta go for a run before it hits 90 here...................................but I'll be back.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Henrun

Good morning. Went for a long walk (joined by Marj) and knee felt better-at least for most of the walk. Back has felt fine since yesterday-there's hope!

Visiting family in the DC area for next 3 days and have tix for the Washington Nats game tonight.

Go Erika!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Go Erika!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...The last time I had Cincinnati Chilli

we tried to see

who could hold their breath longest in it..........

which is why

you probably should not hit ''Sam's Drink and Drown'' before you go

=========

..but I digress......

40-min PoolRun, with belt, closed fists, run in shallows

BACK to Knoxville to see Claire's Dance Recital

then

me BACK to knowville Mon-Tues-Wed

then

BACK to Knoxville next Saturday to leave for Vacation

(a wee bit Too Much Knoxville for my taste)

.............................good running guys...............Drive Safe

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

The guy from Midland who was trying to run 125 miles to get to the Bayshore marathon gave up at mile 75. A sore tendon, the heat, and then a thunderstorm added up to too much to overcome.  I haven't heard if he is still running the marathon this morning or not.  I ran the 10k there in 2011. I met a few forumites: Bill, Deb, SteveP, Mustang Sally, and DaveAA. Maybe others but I am too senile to recall them off the top of my head.

Today was a slow 7 in high humidity. I looked like I fell in a pool by the time I was done..  I had to use the bathroom at the end and I felt bad about leaving such a large puddle of sweat on the floor. There was a 5k about to start as I was finishing and runners (not yet sweating) were also using the restroom.

It felt so hard just to go 7 that being ready for 15 in 14 weeks seems out of reach, but I'll keep plugging away and see what happens.

Sayhey! MM#130

3:17 with 4 miles left๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Finished!  3:57:36.  Two sub-4 hour marathons in 6 days!

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks for the updates, Amy.  I couldn't find the tracking link on that site.  Anyway--congratulations Erika!

Wow! WTG Erika - awesome time today. You and Mike are racing machines!  I hope the blistered feet are not too bad and your duct tape held up.

Glad you're feeling better Henry.

Way to tough it out in the heat and humidity Dave.

Hi Tom!  Hi Amy! Anyone who can run in 90° temps with lots of humidity is a real trouper in my book. Maybe that's why you're so fast

After getting up at 3:30 yesterday (or, Jay time as we like to call it), working two jobs and then playing 18 holes of golf, I was falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 PM. Did manage to watch the spelling bee championship on TV last night. There was a tie for the winner - an 11 year-old and a 13 year-old. Some of the words that they had to spell were unbelievable! I wouldn't even know how to sound them out enough to look them up in the dictionary!

4.5 miles this morning and 20 minutes of weights, then a trip to the first farmers market of the season for fresh asparagus, spinach and a beautiful peony bouquet. Now I'm headed over to DS#1's to watch the grandboys while their parents go for a run.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! WTG Erika - awesome time today. You and Mike are racing machines! 

Indeed!  I don't know how either of you does it.  I ran a fairly slow marathon last Sunday and my legs still feel like they have no energy.

DH took grandpa and the kids to go shoot shotguns at clay pigeons yesterday while I was working.  Today they went again and I went with them.  Both kids were pretty good, and DD actually pretty exceptional.  Today being only her second day doing it and she was hitting pigeons 8/10 shots.  Grandpa said it's really too bad she doesn't live in Wyoming - he'd have her doing competitions.

Shopping and gardening and grilling on the agenda for the rest of the day.

4.55 miles for me today in 75-ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Just had to share this one here......

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

68F

6 agonizing miles

Big mistake. I am not magically healed. Right foot is acting like such a heel. A real pain in the heel. Then the right butt. Oh well. Back to the PTA on Tuesday.

Great that Erika has done so well!

Aamos, it is called "Saturday" not "Slug day". Coffee and paper are a good idea. I enjoyed a cup and did the crossword puzzle after my disaster this morning.

Holly. Clay pigeons are better to shoot than real ones but I am still no fan of guns. A lot of folks like them, though.  Now I am sort of not looking forward to Wyoming as much...

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Sayhey! MM#130

O Barb, heal up, and quickly, I hope.

Jlynne, saw the Bee finale too.  Loved how the guy who had won was spelling the other fellow's word with him (in his head, but you could see how he was intent on each letter), then leaped up to congratulate him, even before the judges called it correct.  He knew.  And what a sportsman, to be so elated to share the title!

Well, I paid for being lazy.  It was 86, feels like 89, by the time I finished my meager 8 miles this am.  Tomorrow I get out pre dawn for sure!

Keep on improving, henrun, fingers crossed for you (& everyone on the DL).

There are some neat antelopes in Wyoming.  And the RD is swell.

OK must get back to my boys in the red hose.  so good so far!*****

PS: Tagster was working hard on E's crew.  He'll have a RR maybe if we're good.

grins,

A

modified to add:  it's a good thing I like the Holls as much as I do, or, as Butters (South Park) puts it: "there'd be Heck to Pay!"

*****modified to add: aaarrrrgh...........

Marathon Maniac #957

I can tell the truth here, I find shooting shotguns at clay pigeons incredibly boring.  However, DH and his dad have very few points of intersect, and this was a way for grandpa to share his passion with his son and grandkids.

We spent the afternoon shopping for a dress for DD to wear to stepdad's wedding.  Here, too, there are very few points of intersect between her taste and mine, as well as what I feel appropriate for a 13yo to wear.  (sigh)  We went to 4 stores, and finally settled on a dress that she is happy with and I can live with (although I don't like it).  Typical mother/daughter stuff, I expect.

evanflein

Hey friends, the marathon went and I survived, although there were times I was sure I wouldn't. It was so hot and muggy, I was suffering by mile 5. And Amy, the duct tape worked great on the Green Bay blister on the top of my foot, but we wrapped it around the bottom of my foot a bit to anchor it and that apparently was a mistake. By mile 8, it felt like it was pulling my skin off. Just after mile 10, I stopped and took my shoe and sock off to see what the damage was. Well, it was ugly, but my feet tend to be, so figured I couldn't do anything about it there so put sock and shoe back on, and gingerly took off again. Lots of walk breaks, including through every water/gatorade station to make sure I got it in me and not on me. I was a drippy, salty mess at the finish, but hung on for a sub-4 and another 2nd in AG placing.

DH, Steve P and Taggie were there in many spots, and gave me a real lift every time I saw them. Tag is such a cutie! Afterward, we went to Steve P's house where I took a shower and we visited a bit, then we headed off to Chicago. We had that car for a week and put 1,788 miles on it, in almost 36 hours of driving time. Amazing to think we sat in that car almost as long as a full work week! We head home tomorrow morning and I'm really looking forward to seeing my grumpy cats! Our house sitter says Emma has been grumpy, probably because she's not allowed outside when we're gone.

Congratulations, Erika.  On incredible job!  FWIW - Kinesio tape using benzoin works really well.  The kinesio has some stretch to it, so it will move and expand with your feet.

MIkeE - My computer uploaded Windows 10 "on its own" and all my icons buttons are gone from across the bottom of the screen and I can' figure out how to get them back.  No battery icon, no speakers icon, no icons show what programs are open.  Grrrrr!!   I'm going to have to take it to the shop and have them fix it.  Really REALLY makes me mad.

I love shooting guns - target shooting.  I was a good shot when I was a kid.  We didn't go very often 'cause ammunition was (is?) expensive.  Haven't been in years, but for now we can't have guns or ammo in the house, so it's a moot point.

Ran a tough 17.5 today at Headwaters with Heidi.  Life has not treated her well the past few months and the stress, etc, has caught up with her, so she was really struggling.  But she gutted it out and we both were struggling the last 6 miles.  Thankfully, her life is finally settling down.  Tomorrow's 4 are going to be very slow indeed.

Besides that, I'm still having foot issues, so am doing my contrast baths while I type this.  I'm hoping that by Tuesday my referral to my PT will have gone through.  If not, I'll be making some phone calls.

Okay, that's it.  I need to go to bed.  Hey - Have I told you all lately how much I love you???    'Nite ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance