Masters Running

Monday Monday January 22 (Read 38 times)

Getting us started.  Have a productive week ahead, y'all.

3.2 windy but warm miles.  It sure seemed dark this morning when I started.      Hope Jay slept in- at least until 4:30 or so!

2.2 treadmill miles after work.  5.4 for the day.  Heading for Florida at the end of the week to visit my sister and her family- and the 10 animals that are in residence.  Yes, it's too many.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks KSA. Yep - I did sleep in. See below.

Sunday’s workouts:
      Deeze (3.2 miles + Body Pump)
      Holly (6.5 miles in 43° temps)
      RunnerKSA (7.3 reluctant miles in 61° temps)
      Falconfixer (19.5 morning bike miles on the coffee ride +13.5 lunchtime run miles)
      Tramps (5 miles in 68° temps)
      Mike (EZ 6 miles)
      Surly Bill (7.3 impatient miles at 8:12 pace)
      Tomwhite (40 min X-bike)
      StarrRuns (2.5 mile walk in sunny/breezy weather)
      Adventure Doggie, et. al. (8.25 trail miles, with ice cream)
      Runnr_nut (6.5 miles on heavy legs)
      Bioguy (15 mile bike ride with DW)
      Evanflein (40 min pool running)
      C-R (7 foggy/creepy morning miles with a friend)
      Tammy (7.4 drenched afternoon miles with Bella & Bailey)
      Twocat (15K race on up and down course)
      Dave (Race #2 of local series - 4 miles in 38:21 for 9:36 pace)
      Catwhoorg (half in 1:42:10 for 1st, AG)
      Tet (1 mile to meet-up)

Good ride/run Falconfixer.

I hope your jaw is feeling a little better today, Holly.

Welcome back, AD (and friends). Nice pics.

Good racing, Twocat, Dave59, and Cat - Congrats on the 1st AG award, Cat!

Sorry about all the jinxes, Twocat. I don’t know which is worse - the ice dam damage, or being without a coffee maker.

Nope - did't stay for services after my talk yesterday morning. I don't feel comfortable in any kind of religious services: It's not guilt or anything like that - it's just not what I do. I intended to go out for a workout this morning, but I woke up an hour late and had blown my op. I'll try again tomorrow, if it isn't pouring by then. It'll be in the 50s tomorrow, and then about 10° cooler each day after that through Friday. So it goes.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning folks. Glad it was warm for your run this morning RunnerKSA. And lots of opportunities to get in workouts Jay. Sometimes, that extra sleep is the better choice.

Interesting football games yesterday. I'm sorry for all of the Vikings fans - Starr, Mike, Tammy and the rest of you. I was really expecting them to play better than they did yesterday. They still had a phenomenal season. And the Patriots? I'm just not a Tom Brady fan. Sorry. It should be a great Super Bowl though.

It was so nice to see Avenger Dog and his dad post yesterday. You guys have been missed!

It was 32° windy and raining at 5:00 AM this morning when I headed out. Slipping on our driveway leaving the house and almost landing on my keester was probably the first sign I should have made other choices. No one ever said I was smart! And let me tell 'ya, nothing will wake you up faster than getting your face pelted with freezing rain! I only fell once when a car wouldn't give me space and I was forced on the shoulder of the road on a down slope. I survived and managed 4.9 miles at a very slow pace, then came home and jumped rope for 8 minutes - or however long the long version is of "Light My Fire" by the Doors   Finished with some planks, weights and medicine ball stuff.

Hope the weather is better where you are today. Have a great Monday!

...jylnne//............if you carry keys with you, hold them out when a car won't get over......

....turns out they may not mind crowding you,

but

they don't want to get ''Keyed''

No Charge

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Looking forward to the Super Bowl. Sorry for you non easterners. Lately football has bored me, especially since all the publicity about CTE-ie, scrambled brains. However I do watch the playoffs. I suppose that if I had lived in Ancient Rome Iwould have been enthralled by the gladiators.

Go Pats.

2 miles in a mizzle this morning.

...mild and drizzling

50-min HH with Hills

...........Good Running to Ya.........

Welcome to Monday ~~

30 min of core/ST, plus 8 min on the bike.  Trying to get the butt used to it again without causing issues.

Not a lot else going on fun-wise, but lots of work I need to dig into, so that's it for now.

Enjoy ~~

MTA: Less than a minute after I posted, I found out a friend passed away from cancer last night. *sigh*  He and his wife moved to outside of Prescott, AZ, about 3 yrs ago to live his dream of having his own ranch.  It wasn't big, but it was his.  He was an incredibly solid, moral man who was a long-time recovering alcoholic.  He and Shorty had just started getting to know each other when they moved and Shorty really missed him.  . . . . cancer sucks . . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I can't believe I'm now going to have to cheer for the Eagles in the Superbowl.   Just don't think I can stand to see another Pat's win..  But just hoping for a good superbowl. worse than a pat's win would be a runaway game - by either team - I like a big game like the SB to to go down to the final minutes not really knowing for sure what the outcome will be. 

No running today. Expecting lots of rain all week so looks like yesterday's wet run was just a prelude of what's to come this week.

Tammy

I can't believe I'm now going to have to cheer for the Eagles in the Superbowl.   Just don't think I can stand to see another Pat's win.. 

...it could be Worse,

my Old Coach finished his career scouting for The Browns...............

Feeling Better??

catwhoorg

Labrat

Slow 4 at lunch.

Legs need some recovery so that is it for my day.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

C-R

An unscheduled rest day is ok Jay.

Hope Mike E is ok after that game. Yikes. Well Karen is happy.

Good to see Avenger making a return. Nice pics.

Ran early on the treadmill. It's 50 and raining and I'm traveling tonight so needed to get a short run with little fuss.

Sorry Leslie - cancer does suck.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

I'll probably skip this year's Super Bowl. I don't like either team enough to care who wins.  This weekend was the first time in my life cheering for the Patriots.  The coach for Jacksonville stiffed my hometown team (Buffalo) for a million bucks, so I hate the guy. He was liked and everyone wanted him to stay, but he had a clause in his contract that he could leave and take his salary if the team changed ownership, so he did that when long time owner Ralph Wilson died. He fully expected to get another head coaching job right away but much to my satisfaction, no one hired him for that for a few years.

Ran 3.06 at lunchtime. 65° and windy.

One of those days at work where I just have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I can quit any time I want.

The last few years now, we have gone to Tallahassee the week of my granddaughter's spring break and helped with the kids.  This year we are going to mix it up a bit.  We rented a condo right on the beach in Navarre Florida.  Its 3 hours west of Tallahassee and is a place where my daughter and her family have visited multiple times. And they are looking into moving there if jobs work out.  We rented a place big enough where they can all come and stay if they want to. There is also some other family in the area (my son-in-law's sister.)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hello from sunny southern Arizona! We're on our usual winter van trip. We've been camping at Cochise Stronghold, and I've been doing some rock climbing and some trail running. Longest run last week was 17 miles up over a high trail from east to west side of the mts and back. Today we're in Tucson to do laundry and take showers - one of the things I miss most when I'm living in the van!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

bioguy

Hi all,

Easy 6.2 in the neighborhood today after work. Missing a lot of students today as the flu is hitting hard.

Tailwinds!

Guess who's been standing at her desk on and off today without any foot issues??  ME!

. . . . guess who can't believe she would actually miss standing after standing for almost 8 months . . . . 

Tammy - We got dumped on yesterday, too.  Strong winds, sideways rain.  Like you guys, we're looking at Round 2 starting some time tomorrow.

Bioguy - The flu is awful this year.  So far (knock on wood) most folks around here (and I mean my office) have had only a bit of the body aches and just generally feeling blah.  Keeping fingers crossed it stays that light.

*sniff sniff* - Wildchild, I think it actually smells a bit better around here.   Glad you're having fun ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance