Masters Running

Randy Pausch ("The Last Lecture") (Read 214 times)

'Last lecture' professor dies of cancer Randy Pausch, a former Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an international sensation, died Friday. He was 47. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25848017/from/ET/ DO something to enjoy your life today. "Pausch often emphasized the need to have fun. "I mean I don't know how to not have fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day I have left. Because there's no other way to play it," he said in his Carnegie Mellon lecture. "
    Masters 2000 miles
    evanflein

I saw that video clip and I saw him on TV a couple times. An amazing man, and a huge loss. I hope I'd have the grace and wherewithal to deal with such a situation as he did. Thanks for sharing, Amy.

King of PhotoShop

He sure did teach us a lot of things. I cried when I saw his performance, and that special. Poor fellow. Spareribs
        munchkn883

I was sad to hear he had passed. It's a shame we need something terrible to happen to us before we realize the importance of having fun and living each day like it is our last.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Shoot, I was afraid that's what had happened. I've been following his blog, and his last post was on June 26. One of his kids is a Logan, like mine. He lived quite a few months longer than they expected, so I'm glad he had more time with his children.