Masters Running

MAY Challenge (Read 70 times)

TammyinGP

I did my 30 crunches last night. and will do a few squats tonight at the hotel. not many though. I would do them today while I'm at David's District Meet since I'll be there all day, but that would just look silly.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

I would do them today while I'm at David's District Meet since I'll be there all day, but that would just look silly.

Yes, it would be...but, sadly...I've done things like this at Ryan's meets.  Pretty soon people just start expecting it from you.

I did 2 minutes of wall sits...and 200 crunches.

Marathon Maniac #957

one 60-second wall sit

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

200 crunches

Marathon Maniac #957

50 stability ball crunches yesterday

2 60-second wall sits today

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

oh boy, I've got some catching up to do!

tonight I need to do the wall squats from the 4th, the crunches from yesterday AND more squats for today.  yeah, those squats are gonna feel real good! Roll eyes

Tammy

dg.

I'm doing these but not posting...   new kid here.   What are the rules?   Fines?    Alternate Bribes?

Holly what's a bicycle crunch?

can we do whatever crunches we choose?   I still (whine on) have problems with ab work & so have to be careful.   And, for my knees & back, the hardest part of the wall sit is getting into position.   So, I'll do one.

Yesterday was 70 tiny crunches (small movements) & 1.5 min. wall sit.

this is a good idea!  Thanks for the reminder yesterday evening Mike,  I came here to check on Tammy, and ended up exercising.  ; )

TammyinGP

you don't have to post every day if you don't want to. just more important that you are doing the exercises daily. Don't follow me as an example, who skipped two days though. . . some leader I am . . . Roll eyes

since we just started this less than a week ago, I'm going to suggest we keep doing whatever amount of crunches and wall squats we've been doing (or you can definitely increase if you want) and then next week I'll challenge you to either do more repetitions of the wall squats or hold the squat position for a longer amount of time.  And then for the crunches, we'll add some variety (like the bicycle crunches perhaps) to work the obliques more. or maybe reverse crunches to work lower abdominals. oh, so many fun variations! Joking

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

2 minutes of wall sits...and 200 crunches

dg.

Tammy you skipped 2 days?     note to self.  don't try using a marathon as an excuse... ; 0

1 min. 45 sec. wall sit. Not following you formula but thought I should increase.  This was enough sez my knees.

Later did my assorted pt ab stuff (which is a Lot...), these target mainly the T.A.  added in some dead bugs.   Then did 75 of the crunches I've been doing.

One thing I like about this is it helps me not put off other things... did hammie curls, stab. ball side planks, etc.

Mariposai

yeah, DG is here to play with us!

Since I am headed for a major hiking summer, I decided that I need to start doing longer wall sits: 10x1 minute hold.

Yesterday I did 30x crunches and 30x bridges (I find the two combinations really helped me at work when I am sitting on my but all day)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

all caught up.

I did 50 crunches and two sets of 10 squats, holding each squat for a slow count of 5.

quads were still sore from the marathon, but now they feel miraculously better - guess I worked some of that acid out.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

25 full sit ups.

These are hard.

Mike E

MM #5615

300 crunches

Mike E

MM #5615

2 minutes of wall sits