Masters Running

MAY Challenge (Read 70 times)

Mariposai

10x1' wall sets (I had some IT issues during my run today. I am wondering if the wall sets could be the culprit...hummm we will test it tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

90 seconds of wall sits yesterday (one 30-second and one 90-second)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Last night I did about 50 crunches and incorporated in some of those crunches where you going side to side . I only did 10 on each side, but I think adding those in on one of the upcoming weeks would be a good challenge and add some variety. I could definitely feel those in the obliques.

I also did some squats last. I think only 10 though. Just not loving the squats as much as the ab work Roll eyes

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

I wasn't having too much of a problem with the wall sits.  Yesterday I figured out I just wasn't doing them long enough.  Wow.

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

90 seconds of wall sits yesterday (one 30-second and one 90-second)

Oh, Holly...have you been letting Tammy help you with your arithmetic?

I did 300 crunches, tonight.

Mariposai

50 crunches just now...Surprised because a challenge is a challenge like MikeE would say.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, Holly...have you been letting Tammy help you with your arithmetic?

Big grin

200 floor crunches yesterday

90 seconds of wall sits today (30 + 60)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

oh you're hilarious Mike . . . just hilarious . . . Clown

I did a bunch of crunches last night. lost count because I was watching tv. and if math was involved, surely i'd mess it up, so i just went until my abs hurt too much to do more.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

2 minutes of wall sits while grilling a couple of steaks.  I enjoyed the steaks a little more than the wall sits.  Oh...I only had one of them...DW had the other....but she did not join me in the wall sits....she thinks I'm crazy.

Mariposai

2 minutes of wall sits while grilling a couple of steaks.  I enjoyed the steaks a little more than the wall sits.  

And here I thought...I was an over achiever trying to do 1' wall sits x10.

Mike E

MM #5615

400 crunches

Mike E

MM #5615

2 minutes of wall sits and 300 crunches

TammyinGP

This week let's try to up the challenge a bit (i guess for Mike that means he needs to do 800 crunches instead of only 400 Roll eyes Wink . . .

Wall sits / squats - just increase either the number you are doing, or hold the squat position for a bit longer.

for crunches - do whatever number is challenging to you (I'm currently doing about 50-60) and then add about 10 more at the end where you are reaching side to side. It may help to reach your left arm down and touch your left ankle, then repeat on the other side. This will isolate and work your obliques.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I was a slacker yesterday, so today I did 250 crunches (some of them obliques) and three 1-minute wall-sits.

Mariposai

Like Holly, I was a slacker yesterday so today I did...

10x1' hold wall sits.

100 crunches.