Masters Running

MAY Challenge (Read 70 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm doing my wall sits as I type this on my iPad...4th one at 1 minute a piece.  And I'm done.

TammyinGP

I'm doing my wall sits as I type this on my iPad...4th one at 1 minute a piece.  And I'm done.

isn't this multi-tasking??

tammyslacker checking in. nothing to report. and i mean n.o.t.h.i.n.g.! bad bad leader.

definitely will do wall sits and crunches tonight though. it's gonna hurt.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

isn't this multi-tasking??

No...it's something to keep my mind off the pain.

600 crunches after my run, tonight.

Mariposai

50x crunches
          10x1' wall sits

It was gym night, so I decided to do both of them tonight. I think it is time to up the number of wall sits, they are getting easier.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hoodoo Guru

Did 100 crunches in a row, for the first time ever.  My wife, daughter and I did a crunch challenge and I blew past them as they both stopped in the 70s.  Thanks May Challenge!

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I admit I did no crunches yesterday.  I did, however, do 4 x 1-minute wall sits tonight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

4 x 1 minute wall sits for me, too.

TammyinGP

5 x 1 min wall sits.

Tammy

Mariposai

Did 100 crunches in a row, for the first time ever.  My wife, daughter and I did a crunch challenge and I blew past them as they both stopped in the 70s.  Thanks May Challenge!

Way to go!!!

only 30 crunches tonight...I was too tired to do more.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

225 crunches for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

600 crunches.

TammyinGP

I feel like this is a game of poker . . .  "i'll see your 225 crunches and raise you 600" . . .

I'll have to do double duty on squats and crunches over the wknd. it's already after 9 p.m and I'm just now starting to pack. I have a feeling I'll collapse in bed when i'm done!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Ah, shoot...I have to show my cards first...4 x 1 minute of wall sits...and 400 crunches.

Mike E

MM #5615

I made it with 20 minutes to spare.  We went to Sioux Falls, this morning, to watch Ryan graduate from Augustana (he still has some credits to make up this summer online, but they let him go through the ceremony).  Anyway, after the ceremony, we had to go back to his place, load up the two vehicles we drove down with his stuff, went out to eat, and headed back home.  Halfway home, I thought, "Crap!  I still have to do my crunches!"  The vehicle I borrowed had a built-in GPS that said we wouldn't get home until after midnight.  I called my DW, who was following in the other vehicle, and told her that if it gets close to midnight, and we're not home, I'm going to have to pull over and do my crunches.  She told me I was crazy.  Well...she, obviously, doesn't understand the meaning of a challenge.

That stupid GPS was way off.  I got home at about 11:15, came in the house, put a couple things away, and started doing my crunches.  Got 600 done by 11:40....20 minutes to spare.

Marathon Maniac #957

600 - wow!

I did my crunches yesterday but forgot to count.  I did them at the yoga/Pilates class, and we did various core exercises with a small ball tucked into our lower back - very cool, targeted more fiercely.  So, no number but a good core workout.