Masters Running

MAY Challenge (Read 70 times)

TammyinGP

Mike,you crack me up. I'm glad you are taking this challenge so seriously. You do realize though that it's not like a real poker game and there is no pot of money to win at the end right?? Joking

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, Tammy..."there is no pot of money to win at the end..."  now that cracks me up...you are kidding...right?  Tammy?

4 x 1 minute wall sits...and another 400 crunches.

Mariposai

5x1' wall sit, because a challenge is a challenge Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep!

Marathon Maniac #957

I have sadly bungled today's core work, and did no wall sits yesterday, either.  At this point, I'm too pooped and full from dinner.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get a few of both in....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

700 crunches...300 before my run and 400 after

Hoodoo Guru

Boy, that long weekend killed my challenge.  One grandchild visiting, one child in ER, volunteer duty for neighborhood association, pool party, fish fry, Dr. Who marathon and yard work all took their toll.  The only run I got in was Monday morning.  I will re-group for these last 4 days.

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

5 x 1 minute wall crunches...and 400 crunches

Mike E

MM #5615

700 crunches intermixed with my weights workout.

So, while doing my workout, I realized I really need some work on my back.  How about, for June, we do an alternating day with pull-ups (palms facing away from your face and arms out as far as possible to work the lats) and, maybe some squats (any kind--with weights--without weights--whatever) on the other day.  Just a thought....and being selfish.

TammyinGP

good thoughts, Mike.  Could lat work be modified somehow to not include equipment? I'm not sure how that would work w/o something that you are actually pulling yourself up on?

since we did wall squats this month, I was thinking of maybe doing walking lunges? what do you think of that?

I also sort of want to go back to some planks, but am wondering if doing two months of those in a row (jan and feb) was still awful enough in peoples' minds that they would groan at the thought.

admittedly, I was a slacker for most of the 2nd half of this month, so never really got the full benefit of either the crunches or the squats. I did do 100 crunches last night, but even at 100, my abs are not the least bit sore the next day so I know that's not really enough to challenge myself. . . Roll eyes

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Sure.  Lunges and planks are fine with me.  I'll just have a weak back...no big deal...don't worry about me.  No, seriously, I was just feeling guilty that I never give any suggestions, so I thought I'd throw something out there.  I love planks...yeah...I really do...yeah...sure...planks...okay, that's it then.

TammyinGP

I'm still mulling it over. might google some exercises tomorrow for different ideas. . . something like "back exercises for mike evans' weak back" . . Joking

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

since we did wall squats this month, I was thinking of maybe doing walking lunges? what do you think of that?

I would rather do squats than walking lunges for two reasons: 1) the wall squats we did were for the quads, did nothing for the butt (and my butt needs work), and 2) the knee creakiness I have had off and on recently makes me nervous to do lunges.

Mike, I, too,  have been thinking of doing pull-ups in the coming weeks, assisted ones, anyway, because of the triathlon next month that involves rowing a canoe.

Only 100 crunches for me yesterday. Another long day at work and busy evening, just ran out of steam and motivation.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

5 x 1 minute wall sits and 400 crunches.

Mariposai

Only 7x1 minute wall sits...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard