Masters Running

For this I am thankful...Wednesday Nov. 25th daily thread (Read 516 times)

Mariposai

I am thankful for friends who understands my heart.

I am thankful for each one of you who push me to develop  the  "better me" I can be.

I am also thankful for all the wonderful cooks who will be blessing their families with the most amazing feast on this earth. 

A toast to you all my friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

What a wonderful way to start the day.  Thank you, Mariposi.

Here I was all smug that I would be starting a thread because I thought I got the first run in.  Ah well - Mari's is a much better starter.

Did some UK fizzy lifting this morning, then ran for 45 minutes at 14 k/h pace.  Don't really know how many miles that is, but it sure was sweaty.  They don't spin in the mornings here (Ashton under Lyne - a little outside Manchester).  Ah well.

Looking forward to a live performance of Planes Trains and Automobiles as we fly into JFK at 3pm today.

For dinner last night I ordered the 6 oz filet.  I paid a pound more for the privelege of cooking my own steak on a "hot rock" brought to the table.  I asked the waiter if he would chew my food for me for an additional 5 quid.  He didn't get it.  The hotel restaurant advertises their buffet as having "American" waffles.  Funny, they look just like our "Belgian" waffles.  What do they serve in Belgium?  "English" waffles?

Take care everyone - safe travels and Happy T-Day tomorrow.

Thanks for starting, butterfly lady.

Well I thought it was funny PBJ

Little recovery run in a drizzle, hopefully I have some energy for tomorrow's turkey trot.

4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:04/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Good morning all !

Thought I'd better pop in and say hi.

I know how much all of you look forward to my post and have probably been missing me dearly these last days. Thought best to give you an explanation.

Seems someone has been abusing thier internet privelages at work so the big brother monitors are on high alert. With two teens in the house getting computer time at home is almost impossible.

Still no running.....

Later y'all........I've got some catching up to do !

Thanks for the thread, Mariposia.

For this....ALL of THIS...I am thankful.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Good morning good people.  Mariposai, what a nice way to start the daily.

This is a good day to give thanks. Every day I thank God for my health and the ability to keep on running. I'm thankful for my family, my virtual friends here at RA. I feel blessed to live in a country where I'm free to express my opinions, vote for the people I think are best to serve, dress as I like, and worship God in my own way.

Good luck to everyone doing a turkey trot tomorrow. Enjoy your day with family and friends, and thanks for letting me be a small part of your lives.

Tramps

Erika--hang in there.  Isn't this a seasonal thing, too?  I seem to remember you're getting the "blahs" last year as winter arrived. I totally understand.

Mari--it sounded like you had a nice day yesterday.  Good luck on the job front.

Carolyn--your posts always make me laugh.  WWED!

Larry--all that fresh bread sounds delicious....and dangerous.

Tammy--you're another one who makes me laugh.  "Timbo's name came up...."

PBJ--I prefer grills to cook my steaks but, hey, to each his own.

Slo--glad you checked in.  Keep us updated.

3.5 @ 8:44 in the rain. 

Safe travels and good holiday to everyone.

Be safe. Be kind.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good Morning!!

This is probably going to be the third day in a row of no running..way to busy at work and also nursing a bit of a leg pain that popped up on Sunday night. Keeping my fingers crosses it won't interfere with my big weekend running plans!!..

Getting ready to cook  way too big a bird for a family of 5..but I love leftovers!!!!

A great day  and safe travel to all!!

Francesca

Renee the dog

20 min of yoga last night and 2 mi, untimed (roughly in 20 min) with Renee this morning.  I feel 100% normal. Bayside asked me this morning if I thought I could run a marathon again this coming weekend.  I looked him in the eye and answered, "Honestly, yes."  A long slow smile crossed his face.  (It's tough not to set crazy goals when you have someone who believes in you!)   Perhaps another plan is hatching....

I am thankful for my family who puts up with me.  I am also thankful for the RA Masters!  You sure are a great group of people to hang around with virtually!  

So, I won't get to run again until Saturday.  We're throwing the kids in the car at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning and heading to my sister's place.  I'm bringing bagels, lox, capers, etc. and then we'll cook. I'm in charge of Cranberry Crunch, Sweet Potato casserole, Garlic Green Beans and Cole Slaw.  I'm making the cole slaw today, which I think will count as my upper body workout (it's only 1 head of cabbage to shred, but boy I like to moan about it!).  I'm hoping the weather is decent so we can get a touch football game going...

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

What a nice way to start the thread Mari!    

I too am so thankful for each and every one of you!   I am thankful for my family even though things are quite hard right now, it is all a part of living this life we are blessed with.  

I haven't done anything since my 10 miler last Sunday.   I got up and dressed for my run this morning only to find it pouring down rain, so I poured a cup of coffee and settled into my chair with B'Nellie snuggled on my lap.    I am also thankful for my dogs that love me unconditionally.  Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!

Nice start Thankful Mari

PBJ..Glad you get back in time for turkey day!  Bet you're thankful of that.

Slo... seems kind of long for a SF recovery. Be sure to ramp up slowly though.

Tramps.. more rain??

2 mile walk with Tory and Sadie in 31:23 Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks posie.

I'm thankful it's okay to post even if you don't run.

mary, think of your beautiful waterfall escape.

francesca - you're a maniac.  It doesn't matter.

pbj - there's "American Spaghetti" Restaurant in Tokyo.

Unfortunately, it was just like watery and skimpy Japanese spaghetti with no bread.

ps - there weren't any fortune cookies in China either.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Slo

Good morning!

Nice start Thankful Mari

PBJ..Glad you get back in time for turkey day!  Bet you're thankful of that.

Slo... seems kind of long for a SF recovery. Be sure to ramp up slowly though.

Tramps.. more rain??

2 mile walk with Tory and Sadie in 31:23 Smile

Perch, If you have any insight here I'm all ears !

I tried a very very easy jog across a basketball floor and only made it to half court before I stopped. If I can't run at week 12 I'm going back and asking him to look deeper.

Marathon Maniac #957

Little recovery run in a drizzle, hopefully I have some energy for tomorrow's turkey trot.

4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:04/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Ditto for me today, although I was MUCH slower.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nice start Mari!!

I am thankful for so many things - my family, friends, faith, health and to be able to work in a field i love!!

last night had dinner with a friend who moved from the suburbs to a studio apt in Boston right across from the Boston Common!!  it was amazing!!  we could look out her window on the 20th floor and see the skaters at the Frog Pond and all the Boston landmarks!!  we had a great evening and i was so glad i had a great run in the afternoon so i could enjoy my spinach raviolis and the chocolate moulton cake we split without guilt!!

denise