Masters Running

View from the last corral at Boston! (Read 407 times)

#artbydmcbride

I've been getting these invites for Boston training runs from my charity team in Boston, and so I have looked up some of them on athlinks and checked out their recent paces. Shocked Smile Holy Cow! The last corral of charity runners is going to be made of folks of all ages and abilities. Unlike the rest of the corrals where everyone is seeded with others at the same qualifying time, the last corral has speedsters and joggers in gorilla suits all jumbled together. About 3000 of them is my guess. My bib number starts with 22,***. Some of them are going to burst out and trample the last few corrals in front of us and some are going to be strolling arm in arm carrying balloons. Clowning around This is going to make my experience of running Boston much different than all y'alls. Hopefully the water stations will still be there when I come by. My 'training' is going well so far. I am deliciously tired and I sleep like a rock. I can't wait. Big grin

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Ilene - I suspect you will have more fun than any of us..... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I agree, Ilene, it's going to be a blast! And even though I'm in a "seeded" corral, I'm way back there so we might even see each other! How many corrals are there all together, do you know? I'd heard I was in the last one (19 thousand something) and all the remaining qualifiers and charity runners were in it... Maybe not?
        btb1490

Where can I get one of those gorilla suits? You are gonna have the time of your life, Ilene! Your mouth is gonna hurt from smiling more than your legs will hurt from running! Big grin
            I agree, Ilene, it's going to be a blast! And even though I'm in a "seeded" corral, I'm way back there so we might even see each other! How many corrals are there all together, do you know? I'd heard I was in the last one (19 thousand something) and all the remaining qualifiers and charity runners were in it... Maybe not?
            It looks like there are 26 or so corrals, and 21 (maybe?) has the oldest qualifiers. I'm in 20 - so if you're at the back of your corral and I'm at the front of mine, we can keep each other company before the gun goes off. It'll be fun to watch the speedy costumed crazy-runners fly by us! I am getting very excited.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

#artbydmcbride

25000 runners, and I think 21 corrals of qualified runners, and then my corral. I hope to stay ahead of the push brooms. Big grin We are gonna have a blast!!! Big grin Cool

Runners run

Ilene, there's no doubt in my mind that you're going to have a great time. I'm anxiously awaiting the Boston reports from all of our cyber group of friends. TomS
                Henrun

The last corrals have all the fun. Having been there I know. And many of us spectators wait to see the partying runners. Enjoy!
                    Hey Ilene--I won't be too far from you in corral 17. Wave to me! Wink BTW, is your cat levitating in your avatar?

#artbydmcbride

Doing yoga on a cat tree. Big grin

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I can't wait.
                        neither can we for sure, . . . especially if you have that "smile if you're havin' fun" t-shirt with your name on it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

I'm not the kind of person who would cause trouble on any running forum, but I did notice that Aamos has been telling people she is in Corral number nine. No way is she that fast! I want you to follow her around and see what corral she really is in, then let us know. Spareribs
                            The "view from the last corral at Boston" is still the view from Boston. Have a blast!! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

#artbydmcbride

Will do Ribs! Big grin Any tips for us first time Boston runners?

Runners run

evanflein

Spareribs, according to her log... she did a 3:24:something in December 2007 in Spearfish SD... Leading Ladies Marathon. It's in her log, go take a look. I always thought we ran about the same/similar times, but I guess not!