Masters Running

Friday 12/14/12 Daily (Read 399 times)

Can't wait to land in Hartford and get home to MA and hug my kiddo long and hard. I may have to wake him up, but I don't care. I am heartbroken and feeling way too far away right now.

Ran early this morning at 5:30 am---in Florida (Naples)----nice to pack light. Back to Northern clime running tomorrow though.  

Really heartbreaking news.  What do I say to my kids when they come home?

A few months ago, there was a lockdown at my DD's school because of a local bank robbery.  She was very freaked out just about that, partly because the teacher told them not to go near the windows.  She was imagining the robber climbing up to the second story classroom (which would be nearly impossible) and shooting.

Came home early from work, did some errands then ran a very speedy 3 mile tempo.  Fastest 3 miles since March 2009.  I've lost 12 pounds and have 13 more to go to reach my ideal racing weight.  The weight loss is definitely making me faster because I haven't increased my mileage at all.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Ran early this morning at 5:30 am---in Florida (Naples)----nice to pack light. Back to Northern clime running tomorrow though.  

Naples is cool. It's a wonder I didn't have more mishaps in the Everglades.

Enke, if possible, ask the school counselor what you can do to make the young one feel safe at school. There are accidents and acts of malice. Our society is a pretty decent. Still, seldom has my heart been this heavy. One very sick person has a continent mourning. How many individuals give the hearts, time and resources in trying to provide a better quality of life for young people. Toys for Tots is among the most recognizable this time of year. Every kid, regardless of age needs to know that some one does care about them.

SteveP

3.25 easy miles tonight. 

Evil people suck,what more can I say?

My DW and I live just a few towns from the shooting.  People are around here are in shock over this.   So sad.  One deranged person and dozens of lives and families are shattered.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Finished my run tonight but most of it was spent thinking about the tragedy in CT. Didn't find any answers in those thoughts but said some prayers for the families and gave my kids another hug when I got back.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Merry Christmas mariposai

Have fun with your family and Maraton Quiindy

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

My DD looked at me incredulously as I read the report. "Mom, why are you crying?"

"When you have children of your own," I told her, "these things will touch your heart in a different way."

{{{Prayers to all the families affected by this tragedy}}}

8 miles for me on Friday morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."