Masters Running

Ferocious Friday 10-14 (Read 33 times)

Morning everyone! Have a good time in the UP, Jay. We took a snowmobile trip up there a long time ago. They measure it in feet,  not inches.

I don't like to post on this phone so will cut it short. We are having a huge Pacific Northwest Storm, with remnants of Typhoon Songda pounding the coast. We braved the storm last night in 40mph winds for a takeout pizza.  Yesterday Morning I walked 3 miles in the rain while Ginnie ran (she doesn't know about rule # 1). She was out again this am while I slept, before the rain, lightning, thunder and tornado warning. Power is out now but we will leave here for the cheese factory (and ice cream) after the tornado watch expires. I changed my flight to 5:15am so hope to get out before the 2nd storm hits tomorrow. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mornin’ starr.
      Now you know why I didn’t think last Sunday was so bad.
      However, rain had abated and no wind by then for BOP bridge crossings.
      Fortunately, I don’t do it much anymore but driving is a total mess

up here so hope posie made it back okay from her meetings here to home

. . . . and leslie/shorty are okay in Glacier National Park in Montana

now that we know bear spray doesn't work after all.
      Tom - I wish I’d’ve know about all the snow up on the UP or I’d’ve probably gone there.
      No wonder my great-grandparents thought Alaska wasn’t so bad in comparison.
      ps - how was the reunion?
      They gave us name tags with our yearbook photos from 50 years ago at ours.
      Steve - batman’s a much better legacy to be remembered by GS 50-70 years
      and more from now than being up-ended in the lake whose name
      we don’t say anymore. At least, we won’t be forgotten.

Holly - thnax, I’m checking it out in case any revisions to times.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Yikes Starr!!  Hope that storm abates and you get home safely!!

Lazed around in bed most of the morning until I couldn't take it anymore. Went out for a 5.1 mile run with my first attempt at some speed work in the middle. Felt good - did 6 sets of .25 pickup/.25 recovery. Now strength, core and some more resting before my 7p shift!!

Have a great weekend friends!!

denise

It's really nasty out there.  During a brief spell of sun coming out, I went down to Target for a few items.  Now hunkered down at home.  The high school football game tonight will probably be cancelled.  Hope power stays on as I'd like to make a few pumpkin pies today.  It's so ugly out there, I don't even want to get on the treadmill - this weather is yuk.

Good runs to all of you in nicer weather!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

Guilty, nice weather here.  Just a little 5K or so this am, however.

Great to see deez running again!

stay dry, safe trips and happy weekends!

grins,

A

Really?  No Bob fans out there, not one??

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, we are currently having lovely weather here, 62 degrees and sunny, with highs expected in the low to mid-80s for the next few days - bizarre, really, for mid-October, but I love it.  And because we have been unseasonably warm, the leaves have barely begun to turn.  It almost looks like late-August around here.  DH has to mow again. 

No running for me today, but a new record at the pool, 46 lengths (23 laps).

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I like his music, but I guess it never "spoke" to me in great depth.

Boy, the coasts are getting the extreme weather.   Hope that tornado is blowing you east, Starr.

3.1 miles for me.  Bet my lazing around 5k was slower than Amy's.  But it was fater than the last by a minute or so.  Maybe something a little longer over the weekend.

It's going to be a busy weekend, learning everything I need to know to keep the house functional while DW recovers from her knee replacment.  Just in case I didn't really know how much she does, I think I'll know soon.

Happy runs and any races for the weekend all.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. Aiming for 15 tomorrow. Trying to pick a goal for my next race. Either distance or time. I cannot decide. I want both. But I cannot do both. At least  not yet.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

We managed to get out of the storm zone on the coast  but there were lots of trees and power lines down. The grocery store was open but with no power it was very slow using a calculator to tally up. I have some pictures on FB.

I just got back from a naked run through the Portland neighborhoods, Garminless, that is. 36 minutes, maybe 3 miles, give or take a half mile, just like the race.

Have a Greta weekend everyone.

I wonder how RCG is. Have you been to the doctor yet?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Jlynne the words "Not a chance!" spring instantly to mind.

BerthaSlayer not sure if you have seen some of the on line posts of people running routes to draw various things. Some are pretty impressive. With a planned 15 mile run I bet you could draw out something pretty intricate!

evanflein on the climb a hill to get home at the end of a run problem, you have my sympathies! Same problem where I live. Also, I have to climb a hill to get started. It just seems unfair! I need to move.

tselbs you will likely never see this post, but have a good time on your trip.

Dave59 good luck on your continued survival. Do you know how they are making decisions?

SteveP not if he is related to you.

hally seeing the sunrise on my morning run is yet another sign of the horrors to come! Not good.  I can see winter over the Long Island sound.

coastwalker those stand up desks have sure become a thing at my office. I would say about a third of the people have installed them.

StarrRuns and enkephalin I keep hearing about all the rain you are getting but it seems like it all misses California where they need it. I hope your power comes back fast.

tetsujin209 I will keep my fingers crossed that they revise the times.

deez4boyz nice to see you are recovering a bit more each day.

AamosY Bob fan? Not me. I was very surprised to hear he got the Nobel.

Holly S. if only CT had unseasonably warm weather . . . sigh. 

stumpy77 on the plus side you do not have to learn it twice! Good luck to you and your DW surviving your being 100% in charge of keeping things running.

No running for me today. No elliptical either. Just some gym work. Tomorrow is the SoNo HM. I am trying to rest up a bit for it. Starting line temperature is predicted to be about 50° with clear skies. Good racing weather. I just have to remember to bring warm clothing to hang around the start with. My guess is that I will have to arrive at least an hour early to get a reasonable parking spot. Race starts at 9am. Parking closes at 8:30. Once the main lot fills up (likely) or it closes due to the time, you have to hunt along the streets or the municipal pay lots for a spot.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Sorry to hear about storms, we're having awesome weather here! Clear sunny skies, outstanding auroras at night, and temps in the 40's. Well, we're about done with that and temps in the 30's I think from here on out. Still, I got in 4.8 nice brisk miles today. Felt good! Hard to know I ran a marathon last Saturday. Must not have pushed hard enough.

Oops, see sun 10-16