Masters Running

saturday 4.18 (Read 29 times)

mrrun

Morning all,

Had a fun slow 8 mile run passing 2 ponds & 2 reservoirs.  Hope everyone else has good runs/walks

((DL list))

twocat - Stonehedge is on my bucket list - jealous!  probably won't retry recipe but will be more careful with zaatar in future

jamaica pond

local reservoir

marj

Dave59

My back was a little sore and my stomach was doing some zumba moves but I got out for my long run anyway. The humidity was down a bit from the last few days but still warm for me so I decided to do a 5 minute walk, 5 minute jog. It wasn't pretty, but you got to do what you can do, and I got it done.  10.1 miles.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I got in 6.8 miles, this morning.  Dave--talk about humid--it was like soup out there, today.  I sure am glad I didn't wait any longer to go.  Now, I have to go build my deck.

See ya!

mrrun

in honor of the relay, Henry had a Rogue beer at lunch......

Mariposai

Nice pictures!

I hope the relay team is having a blast.

Holly, how is your knee today.

6 miles for me with the Easy Pacer. We have a retirement party to go to tonight, so I wanted to put in a few more miles, but my legs were tired from the 9 I ran late afternoon yesterday.

Lovely day here! Sitting on my porch reading. Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Great pictures, and nice to see Henry doing his part.

Nancy, the knee is not better.  I can walk, but with a limp, and occasionally when I put my weight on that leg with the leg bent, I yelp when it hits the sore spot.  I never realized just how many times a day I go up and down our stairs.  (sigh)  I won't be running anytime soon.

So, about 30 minutes of upper body weights and core for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly S. it is your body and your money, but I would get the MRI. If this is something serious you do not want to make it worse. My DW delayed getting her shoulder looked after and now cannot raise her right arm above her neck. You have many years ahead of you. You will need your legs for all of them. The money, you can actually live without.

Another vote for the RA relay team to be having a blast!

I am back in the US now. Home in fact. No running today. Or anything other than luggage hauling, plane sitting and unpacking. We have dinner plans with some friends. Now we just have to be able to stay awake through it! We are due at their place 5:30pm EDT. That would be about 10:30pm body time. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

DH got his bike.  He couldn't find anything to suit him here, so drove across Alligator Alley to Ft. Lauderdale and brought home a Ridley.  With a white seat and white handlebars.  Ridiculously spendy but he's thrilled.

In other news, Yosemite is looking spectacular in the coverage of the Prez's visit; the Sox won and I got in 20.  (When I finished, weather was: "85, feels like 94."  And I started before dawn.)

Go relayers: revel it up!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Aww Holly - that really stinks. In my small non running world where the doc told me to take a few days off, I know how hard it's been. Get the MRI. I think

the money would be well spent. At least you'll know what's wrong.

Welcome home Twocat!  How's your jet lag??

Great picture Henry!

So glad to see your post today Amy. Hope things are better....

Loved the "zumba" reference Dave!  We'll have to get you a job teaching classes at the Y!

Enjoy the heat Erika and hope you're feeling more sproik these days!

In keeping with doctors orders -and it's killing me - 4 miles on the elliptical this morning and 25 minutes of weights and core, followed with some yard work, a trip

to farmers market and some grandson time

Happy Saturday evening folks!