Masters Running

Thursday Goal Thread (Read 334 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, we're entering the holiday overeat season.  The next 10 weeks could be devastating to your waistline.....

My goal is to Maintain It Through The Holidays, but still be able to enjoy some goodies.  Therefore, I must balance my running with my intake, and balance my overeating days with corresponding undereating days. 

Nahhh, I'm not good at undereating.  Let's go back to balancing my running with my intake.  

Starting weight today: 113 lbs.  That might even be a slightly lower than what I've really got going on, since I ate a light dinner last night and then had class, but I'm stuck with it.

Anyone else!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I won't be happy with maintaining cuz I've got too much to maintain! I'm still "up" and feel fluffy and stuffed in my jeans. After two workouts and eating lightly yesterday, this just sucks.

I've always thought this thread helped give me some accountability, but I guess it's pretty "soft" because there are no consequences. Gotta figure a way to make this work.

Marathon Maniac #957

I've always thought this thread helped give me some accountability, but I guess it's pretty "soft" because there are no consequences. Gotta figure a way to make this work.

Okay, set a goal and a time frame.  If you don't make your goal, you have to send me $5. 

(I would have said fudge, but this is, after all, a weightloss thread.)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

This week I finally feel like I am back eating right.  I got in a rut and it's taken me a while to snap out of it.  I'd be happy just to drop a few pounds before Thanksgiving, hold it over the holidays, then make another push starting in January.  I want to try to BQ again and losing a few pounds will help the cause.

I'll weigh in tomorrow.

MTA:  169.  Down a pound from last week.

Not at it at all. 

SteveP

I won't be happy with maintaining cuz I've got too much to maintain! I'm still "up" and feel fluffy and stuffed in my jeans. After two workouts and eating lightly yesterday, this just sucks.

That's it...I'm "fluffy"

Has any one tried the pumpkin fudge this season????

back up to 205

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Has any one tried the pumpkin fudge this season????

I've never even heard of pumpkin fudge, but OMG that sounds good! 

Okay, set a goal and a time frame.  If you don't make your goal, you have to send me $5. 

I have some Harry & David dark truffles that I eat sparingly.  I took some into my M-W job and gave one to each of the gals I work with.  Two of them are hanging on to theirs with a goal of losing X-number of pounds by whatever date.  If they do, their reward to themselves will be the truffles.

I forgot to weigh yesterday and today, but I don't feel like I'm too off how I started vacation.  And I was pretty darn good on vacation, too.  I'm guessing I'm right around 143/144.  140 would be ideal, and since my new workout schedule is going to be ramping things up significantly over the next few months, I'm hoping to get back down there.

Pumpkin Fudge - Thank goodness I'm not a fan of pumpkin or fudge.  Whew!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Pumpkin fudge. Hmmm. Throw a bunch of pecans in there and you've got a winner.

Hey Steve, the "fluffy" term is a good one. I got it from PreDawnRunner, but not sure that she came up with it. Now she's one I can't imagine being fluffy, but she said it.

Bodies have funny "set points." Well, maybe not so funny depending on what it is. I seem to spend a lot of time at 143. I'll drop a few pounds, and then "life" happens and I'm back up to 143. Or I'll gain a few, on vacation or whatever, and drop pretty easily back down to 143. But that's where I seem to spend most of my time. A few years ago, I was always at 132. I was working out like a demon but not really watching what I ate, except all good stuff, no junk. I've always had a problem with portion control. But when I started running, I gained about 10 (or 11?) pounds over the last couple of years, and here I am again. Back at 143. Kinda sucks. I liked the other setpoint better, but I don't want to be such a gym rat like I was then. *sigh*

"Set Point" = Aging . . . . unfortunately.

We have a client who, the first time I saw her, I  immediately though "anorexia."  I'm 5'8" approx 143.  She's probably an inch or two taller than them, and I'd say I outweigh her by at least 20 pounds, and she doesn't have that "healthy" skinniness about her.  I'll take may 143 and belly pooch any day over that.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

How about, if we have a set back, we have to post a bathing suit photo. Taken outside during the current challenge week....

How's that for accountability?

SteveP

How about, if we have a set back, we have to post a bathing suit photo. Taken outside during the current challenge week....

You could use mine to scare away any spyware.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

dg.

..  of whom?

(see how I adroitly got us out of this one??)