Masters Running

AUGUST CHALLENGE: Abs (Read 48 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

4 x 100 bicycle crunches...and no sweets.

jeffdonahue

4 x 100 bicycle crunches...and no sweets.

Weird, yesterday I went the other way.

0x100 bicycle crunches and a half a bag of double stuffed oreos.

Though today I did hit the oblique machine at the gym for 4 sets of 13 at 100 lbs., which I must admit made me feel better than eating the oreos.

TammyinGP

did several crunches last night but only about 30 bicycle crunches. Have been having some pretty bad low back the last couple days and I think it seems to be triggered by the one armed planks. that's my best guess because it seems to flare up the morning after I do those. So, for the plank days I'm just going to stick to traditional planks and side planks.

still no sweets.  Although with all this smoke we are having and being stuck indoors, it's been really hard to not bake something yummy. But it's probably just as well because I haven't been able to run much, so definitely shouldn't be eating sweets either.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--those planks kill my back. I have to roll over and stretch out after every set.
          Mike E

MM #5615

Ahhhh....Oreos...when I was in 8th grade, a friend of mine and I would go to his house after school and eat a whole bag. We'd dip them in milk...oh, man, those were good. You know....maybe I should scrap this whole dang challenge thing and go buy a bag of Oreos and gallon of milk....
            TammyinGP

your over-achieving type A personality would never allow that to happen Mike Wink

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

Both the planks and bicycle crunches are deceptively challenging.  I think Tammy suckered us into this one.  : )

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

One arm planks--3 sets of 3 reps-15 seconds per arm...and 2 sets of 100 bicycle crunches...and 2 sets of 50 regular crunches...and no sweets...

Mike E

MM #5615

4 x 100 bicycle crunches...and no sweets

dg.

what kind of oreos?  

(no particular reason....)

Mike E

MM #5615

The kind that a kid'll eat the middle of first...and save the chocolate cookie outside for last...

Mike E

MM #5615

It's a rest day, but I still did 3 sets of those dang one armed plank things...and no sweets...not even Oreos...

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 100 bicycle crunches...and no sweets.  I was tempted by some good looking chocolate chip cookies at the end of my race, today, but...well...a challenge is a challenge...

TammyinGP

I haven't done my bicycle crunches yet, but will. Have been keeping up on the challenge even if not posting daily about it. still no sweets.

although we are leaving for camping tomorrow and my DH wanted some cookies. So, I mixed up double chocolate cookie dough and will bake some for him. it was very hard to resist eating the cookie dough! but a challenge is a challenge! Wink

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 second one armed planks each arm...and no sweets.