Masters Running

The Ave of the Giants 2014 RA meet up temptation (Read 81 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Really?!  Oh, why did I do California?!  Oh, why did I do California?!  Oh, why did I do California?!

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, you're allowed a do-over, right?  Please come!  Looks like there are a lot of goddesses signing up....

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

dg: you've already registered?

wow! you don't mess around!  Big grin

Tammy

Mariposai

dg: you've already registered?

wow! you don't mess around!  Big grin

yeahhh...I will finally have a chance to meet this diva.

The Easy Pacer and I are in, meaning we are planning to be there. Not registered yet.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

It Sounds like it might turn into an epic meet up.  I'm scheduled to work that week but it is far enough out that I can schedule a vacation.

A this point I plan on signing up for the 1/2.

Just signed up for the half!

Think this is the farthest ahead I have ever signed up for something, but I can't let this opportunity pass!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

We reserved our lodging. Step 1 done.

TammyinGP

where are you guys staying Marj?

it is smart to reserve early!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm probably going to camp in the state park - anyone want to join me?  They have group campsites for >9 people, if we have that many.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

I'm probably going to camp in the state park - anyone want to join me?  They have group campsites for >9 people, if we have that many.

Count as in! Enkie and I were talking on the phone last night and saying that it would be so much fun to camp in the Red Woods.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

where are you guys staying Marj?

it is smart to reserve early!

Miranda gardens - 14 miles south.  3 week cancellation policy.

Our camping days are over.  We opt for indoor beds and plumbing. (That's what age does to you)

marj

This is exciting!!!  Big grin

. . . . I might even be tempted to sign up for the half . . . . running on pavement . . .running on pavement . . . .

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Do it, Leslie!   I'm not a fan of pavement, either, but I made an exception for the Flying Monkey last year, and I didn't feel any worse afterwards than any of the other marathons I've done (all on dirt roads or trails), so I'm game to do another.  I won't do one in a city with thousands of people, but the redwoods are so pretty!

Seriously thinking about it, Wild.

Just to let you all know - flying into and out of the Eureka/Arcata airport (in McKinleyville) can be expensive.  Sometimes when the flight originates somewhere, it's not as expensive as the flight originating here.  Also, I believe there a limited number of flights each day.

Your closest large airports are the San Francisco or Sacramento airports to the south (and I'd choose Sac over SF any day) - 6-7 hours away, and the Medford, OR, airport to the north - 3.5-4 hrs away.  The time frames I'm using are based on getting to Eureka.  If you're staying south of Eureka (i.e., Garberville to Fortuna), you'll shave anywhere from 40-60 minutes off the time from the south and, of course, adding that much time coming from the north.

If anybody has any questions, feel free to message me and I'll do my best to answer them.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Mike, why did you do California???

enke, Yay Smile

Dave it would be so nice to see you again.   hope you can manage this.   

Leslie I really hope  you do this... but you said you'd be there either way,   so Yay Smile     thanks for the info, it's really useful.

Tammy, it was an accident ; )

Nancy have you registered?    I so want to meet you & the Easy Pacer!

first step to make sure I can manage this... I wore my hrm this morning for the first time in about a million years.        I've done so many flavors of stupid,  am going to try to move on to stupid lite.