Masters Running

The Ave of the Giants 2014 RA meet up temptation (Read 81 times)

TammyinGP

bumpybumpbump

Tammy

Mariposai

I finally signed up for the marathon. So, I am officially in!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I need to do that soon also. I think rates go up after the first of the year and December is always a tight month, so will try to do that in the next week or so.

yay! I'm so excited for this one!

Tammy

TammyinGP

Another friendly reminder that rates for the Avenue go up 1/1/14.

also, if you are quietly thinking about this but haven't committed yet, just want to let you know that the rooms I have reserved for our group can accommodate a few more people, so lodging is available.

Tammy

Mariposai

Another friendly reminder that rates for the Avenue go up 1/1/14.

also, if you are quietly thinking about this but haven't committed yet, just want to let you know that the rooms I have reserved for our group can accommodate a few more people, so lodging is available.

A friendly reminder that it is still time to join the fun!!!

Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I was thinking it was later in May and I should know better because I ran it back in the day.  Here's my teaching schedule:

• April 28 (Monday) Last day of classes for courses that do not meet on Friday afternoons.
              • May 5 – 16 (Monday – Friday) Final Exams.
              • May 18 (Sunday) Graduation.

I have no business flying across the country like I used to but this is so tempting.  It's hard to get to but I have a free one-way flight on American into Medford either Thursday or Friday night at 11:00 p.m.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

certainly not ideal timing Opie but if it helps out at all   , I'm able to get you at airport if needed or pick you up the following morning if u prefer hotel that late at night. my plans though are to stay down there sunday night so I wouldn't be going back sunday incase you were planning on trying to fly back sunday. or would you fly back Monday and have someone cover classes for you on Monday? i'll be driving to Miranda on Saturday morning, returning Monday. would love to have you there again (is that the first race met at??) wish it was a bit later so it didn't interfere with your teaching schedule so much.

Tammy

Actually, what I meant was that the timing was better than I thought.  That is dead week between the time class ends and finals begin.  The earliest my final would be scheduled is the evening of Tuesday the 6th.  The flights coming back Monday don't look good, though, leaving Medford at 1:00 p.m. at the latest and getting back about midnight.  Plus I haven't gotten DW approval.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

oh, I thought you might have to be back by Monday 5th for the first day of finals. Well, if you can make it work and DW agrees, then don't worry about transportation to/from airport. I can help out in that regard.

Tammy

Mariposai

Bump.

It is still time for low rate registration.

TammyinGP

thanks for the bump Nancy.

I have it on my calendar to register on the 30th as I'm now in a quandry as to whether I register for the full or HM. With my calf injury and knowing those can take awhile to fully heal, I'm thinking the HM is maybe more realistic.

Tammy

Tammy - Can you sign up for the full then drop to the half if you need to?

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Leslie, I opted for the half this time. Not sure I can 'upgrade' although I know you can "downgrade", but I just decided to make this a half and find a fall marathon to do if I feel like it. Maybe Portland as I've never run that one. Although I'm not a big fan of large marathons, so might look for something smaller. who knows.

In the next couple days, I'm going to start a new thread for the Avenue of the Giants party as this one is getting long. I'll skim back through this one and get a complete list of those attending and figure out the cottage accomodations (and if there is room for more) for those of us wanting to share the two cottages that I have reserved for our group .

Tammy