Masters Running

Join "Team Amy" for the Boston Marathon (Read 879 times)

btb1490

You don't need to be running Boston to join this team. The only requirement for admission is to pick a mile in the race, and then write a note here to Amy with some words of encouragement to her. It is MORE than ok to have more that one person assigned to a mile, so no worries about taking a mile if someone's name is already on it. The "fundraising" goal here is to collect at least 26 notes, which I will forward on to Amy. As I mentioned on my fundraising website, there is more to a patient's outcome than just good medical care. Support, love, prayers, laughter, encouragement... they all play just as vital a role. Your support for me has been extraordinary, but it is Amy who is fighting the true battle here. Let's please show her the same incredible support with your words that you've given me. I know that Amy and her family will be touched by this gesture more than you can imagine. Thank you Holly for this great idea, and thank you everyone for everything! If you don't feel comfortable posting something here but would like to still send a note, you can always email it to me. My email is found on my profile page. Mile Sponsor 1- Twocat 2- SteveP 3- nowor 4- breger 5- Ileneforward, tetsujin 6- BCMorant 7- vista 8- stumpy, eliz 9- Aamos, evryday 10- Teresa 11- nonoruns 12- coastwalker, hally 13- CNYrunner, TomS 14- enkephalin 15- wildchild 16- dtoce 17- charleygross 18- wa5yom 19- jlynne 20- Holly 21- predawnrunner 22- seemomgo, evanflein 23- Spareribs 24- PJH 25- deez4boyz 26- btb
      Hmm, what mile to pick, what mile to pick . . . a tough decision. Would picking the first or last be presumptuous? Yea, but I am the first one to reply that must entitle me to some amount of presumptuousness! Yep, it does dang nab it! Big grin I hereby claim request mile 1 in honor of both Amy and my hope to see btb there. Dear Amy: I am not sure you know just how wonderful a supporter you have in Mr. Kujawski. He has managed to inspire an entire web site filled with runners from all over the world to cheer you on! Quite an accomplishment for both of you. I know that both I and many, many others are wishing you all the best going forward. One day, I hope to see you smiling at a camera at the starting line of some major race in whatever city you eventually settle in. Best Wishes Twocat

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I'll take mile 4 because adorable Amy looks to be about 4 years old. Dear Amy! This is Bill and I live in South Florida, where there are palm trees, sandy beaches, and warm weather all year around. Your friend Bob is running Boston with you in mind. I wish I was there running with him and you. Please know that someone in Florida is thinking of you and praying for you too. You are an absolute Doll and I wish you and your family all the best! Your Florida friend, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll pick mile 10, because DD turns that age on Monday. Dear Amy, My family lives in Maine. I have two boys who are 13 and 15, and one daughter who turns 10 on Monday. We will all be praying for you and cheering you on! You are a very brave little girl, and God has special plans for you. We'll also be thinking of your parents and many friends who are supporting you and giving you lots of love. Keep on smiling! Teresa
          btb1490

I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm gonna nab mile 26. Big grin Amy, when I took on this venture, I was scared because it was new to me, and I wasn't sure if I'd be up to the task at hand. It was I who was supposed to be supporting you, and somehow things have turned out quite differently. Your courage and strength with your battle has inspired me to accomplish things that I never thought I was capable of doing, and you have changed my life. I am so thankful for you and your family, and wish all of you continued strength as you conquer the challenges that life has given you. -Bob Kujawski
              Mile 18...the Newton Hills...this is where the going gets tough...this where we ALL need someone like AMY. Hi Amy, this is Tim....in Oklahoma. Amy, you are MY inspiration as I approach the most difficult part of the race...You may be a little girl...but you are more powerful than you may ever know. Thanks for YOUR help... And, on April 21st, You will run your race...AND win...
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Amy, I'll take mile 8, because that's as far as I've ever run at any one time. I hope to go farther with all the encouragement that I get here. And I know you'll go a whole lot farther with all the encouragement that you are getting from Bob, your parents, and everyone else. You have the important race, so stay strong to the end. best wishes, Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Dear Amy, I’ll take mile #20 for you. That’s a tough mile, when you’re so tired, but you still have so far to go, and I think Heartbreak Hill is on that mile, but thinking of you and your courage will give ME courage as well, and I will spend that mile in prayer for your full recovery, and thanking you for giving me strength as well. I live in Ohio. I have a son who’s 11 and a little girl who’s 5 – not too much older than you. Here’s one of my favorite pictures of her. She’s got a beautiful smile and an indomitable spirit, just like you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dear Amy, I would like to run mile 21 for you, because mile 21 is a very important mile in a marathon. Sometimes runners get tired and feel like giving up at mile 20, but thinking about you will help me keep going. This is my first Boston Marathon, and I'm very pleased that you will be helping me get through it. You are very brave, and you will help me to be brave too. I'm very happy that Mr. Bob has shared you with us. He's a real sweetheart and so are you! Maybe we'll get a chance to meet in Boston. Harriet

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

I'll take Mile 11 if it isn't taken already... Amy, I'm the Mom to two children ages 4 and 1. You are a great little girl! Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy each day! As my daughter says, "Sometimes, it's just not easy being 4. But most the time it is good." Smile I've inserted her picture here, so you know who's speaking those words. Photobucket

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I Can Go The Distance

Dear Amy, I am going to take mile 6 because I run at 6 am and it will reminded me to pray for you and your family as I run each day. I live in California and I have a son who is nine years old. Amy you, your family and Mr. Bob are an inspiriation to all of us here at Masters Running. I will close by telling you what my coach in high school used to tell us when things got hard. He would say "stay tough." So I say to you and your family "stay tough!" Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

wildchild

Carolyn

I'd like mile 15, because that's Amy's birthday, and that's how old my daughter is. Dear Amy, Your birthday is one day after mine! And your little sister's birthday is one day after my daughter's! You're a special girl and we're all inspired by how brave and strong you are. And your mommy and daddy are brave and strong, too, helping you get better and taking such good care of you. We're sending prayers to your whole family. Wildchild (that's my nickname on the running website, because that's what we used to call my dog when she was a crazy puppy!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Amy, I am taking mile 7 because I think it is about mile 7 of the Boston Marathon route that there is a Dunkin Donuts shop just to the right of the running area. Sometimes on a long trip it is good to take a break and being 4 years old I think you would like to stop and have a drink and a treat, right? God also uses the number 7 to speak of "perfection" and I think this is you......PERFECT. You are a strong and courageous young girl who faces your challenges and teaches us old adults a lot about life. Just know that Mr. Joey in Virginia thinks you must be PERFECT and that I am praying for you.
                            Vista
                              I'll take mile 19, because my son is that age and I'm always grateful that he's been blessed with good health. Hi Amy - My name is Jeanne and I live in Wisconsin. I have a granddaughter that's almost as old as you, and she loves Dora the Explorer. Do you like Dora, too? I can't run far like your friend Bob and the others who will be doing the Boston Marathon, but I give good hugs ((( ))) and I think about you a lot. Our family sends it best wishes, and hope that you are doing well. Take care, Amy, and God bless!
                              nowor

Dear Amy, I would like to take mile 3, because I like short runs, about 3 miles. Your friend Bob tells us about you all the time. I am very slow and like to think about you when I run. You make me happy. I'm very quiet. Many quiet people think of you and your family every day. Here's a quiet hug. (((AMY))). You are awesome. Sue