Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN AND X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 10/25 (Read 379 times)

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy.  I awoke and saw that life was service.  I acted, and behold, service was joy."   Rabindranath Tagore

While Leslie is on vacation, I'll try and keep the thread going. 

Here are last weeks tallies.

Leslie........14 miles road running, 30 minutes cycling and 1.5 hrs strength training

Ev...............19 miles running

dg.............. FINISHED FIRST MARATHON!!   Congratulations!  39 miles running, assorted walking & stressing, 45 
                       minutes strength training

evan..........29.9 miles running, 2.55+ miles walking, 40 minutes pool running.

nono..........Doing a little vacationing and slideboarding....hope there are pictures. 

Eliz............some strength and stretching and spending time with friends. 

Dutchie....34.98K running and strength training

Gordon.....10 miles running

Carol.........9.1 mile running (with a nice 5K Komen), 12.3 miles biking, 1400 meters swimming, .5 miles walking

(getting geared up for her triathalon)

Paul..........36 miles running.

Any corrections or additions, please let me know.  Thank you.

Here's my schedule for the week:

Monday.......7miles............6miles

Tues...........6miles............6miles

Wed............rest.................rest

Thurs.........rest..................rest

Friday.........7miles............7miles

Sat...............rest................rest

Sun.............9miles...........9miles

Total....28miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Thanks Evryday...

Mon-5 miles

Tue-4 miles

Wed-Off

Thur-Off

Fri-Off

Sat-Off

Sun-Off

Total=9 miles...caught the crud on Tuesday...back at it next week

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, evryday!

Still not sure that I've found my mojo, but almost positive I'l  never find it on the sofa, so . . . . . I'm starting week 1 of my plan for the New Jersey Marathon on May 2, 2010.  Actually, I'm starting with week 7 of Galloway's 8-week conditioning plan, and the marathon plan starts for real in two weeks.  I've only run 3 times since the HM a MONTH AGO, so I'm starting slow and easy.

Monday:  (plan = run 30 minutes) realized I haven't run since last Sunday, so switched today's plan with tomorrow's:  walked 2.8 miles in 45 minutes; feel terrific  Smile

Tuesday: (plan = walk 30 minutes) did yesterday's 30 minute run; walked 1.0; ran 2.4; feel greta and can't wait to walk again tomorrow  Smile

Wednesday:  (plan = run 30 minutes) stretching during the ball game; jumping for joy afterward; sooooooo worth not running today (will make it up Friday, since there won't be another play-off game to watch!) WHOO HOO!  GO PHILLIES!!!!!

Thursday:  (plan = walk 30 minutes)  exhausted from last night's Phillies victory for their return to the World Series, but staying up for the game will be worth it; walked 45 minutes (2.7 miles) amid a quarter moon and the stars; ended with a visit and cuddle with a neighborhood kitty  Smile

Friday:  (plan = rest) took my rest day on Wednesday, so I walked 1.0 and ran 2.4 this evening in the rain; on track for the week

Saturday: (plan = run 2.5 miles) pouring rain wouldn't have kept me indoors, but random lighting did; Pilates at home, so I guess I did Sunday's rest on Saturday  

Sunday: (plan = rest or walk) ran yesterday's 2.5, but made it 2.7; walked 1 mile; both in the neighborhood on the mainland at the shore

Ran 7.5; walked 8.5; switched out Pilates for a rest/walk option, so I'm calling it a week in which the plan = the actual.  Whoo hoo!!!  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Thanks Evryday for starting us up.

Eliz: like the plan Wink If you start running, the mojo will follow Or so I keep telling myself.

Mon:  planned rest day, early meeting on the airport instead of the office. Bleh... Hate traffic.

Tue:   60min easy run ---> bad stomach pains, diarrhea and throwing up. Didn't eat.

Wed: LB ---> same. Tea with honey was all I had.

Thu:  10K easy run---> same.

Fri:     LB ---> same. Been to the doc. Apparently I have an inflammation of the caecum. The bit of colon close to the appendix (I'm sure there's a medical term for it in English ). Got medicine. Hope it helps.

Sat:    5K easy run + 60min of UB ---> Feeling a lot better today, which is Saturday for me. So much so I might try and eat something. I guess it'll be at least a day or two before I get my strength back and I can exercise again.

Sun: 16K long run ---> feeling better, will try solid foods today.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Ev!

Hey Gordon!

That's right, Eliz... the mojo is NOT on, in or under the couch.

Hey Dutchie! Seems like you've been gone awhile?

Ok, true recovery week this week. I figured out how much I need to run a week through the end of the year to hit the ol' 2,000 mile goal, and it's about 30 miles per week. Shoot. I was hoping I was closer than that. Oh well, this week will be less, so some weeks will have to be more I guess.

Monday: 30 minutes of pool running after work

Tuesday: 10 min. elliptical, 25 min. upper body weights/abs

Wednesday: 6.1 hilly miles, 8:21 avg pace; .35 mile walk

Thursday: 12 min. elliptical, 20 min. weights (mostly lower body and core); 6.1 mile run, .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: 40 min. pool running

Saturday: 35 min. elliptical, .5 mile walk, 30 minutes weights/abs (plus a half mile walk with DH after dinner)

Sunday: Rest Day (but a marathon of shopping, three different stores!)

Totals: 12.2 miles running, 1 hr 10 min pool running, 57 min elliptical (6.4 miles), a little over an hour of weights (3 times), about 1.7 miles walking

[Edited to be a pain in the a$$ and have Ev update the totals for me! ]

Yikes, it's Wednesday already!

Ev, thanks for picking up where Leslie left off!

Great going for DG in her marathon debut SmileSmileSmile.

Mon - 12.5 miles biking

Tue - 3.1 miles running, 0.7 miles walking

Wed - 1200 meters swimming (3 X 300, w/u, c/d)

Thu - 1.5 miles running, 1 mile walking

Fri - nada

Sat - 1.5 miles doggie walking

Sun - Monster Triathlon: 300 meters swimming, 12 miles biking, 3.1 miles running

Totals: 24.5 miles biking, 1500 meters swimming, 4.6 miles running, 3.2 miles walking

Progress Trumps Pefection
              pfriese

Thanks  picking up the thread evryday.

M - rest day
                T - 7.5 miles
                W - rest day
                Th - 7.1 miles
                F - travel day
                Sa - rest day
                Su - Marathon (new PR 3:50:02)

Paul

Hi, All!  Thanks for picking up the thread, Ev.

First chance at Internet access.  Was sticking to my every other day plan until today.  So . . .

(Sun - 9 miles + lots of driving)

Mon - Lots of driving

Tues - 10 miles + lots of driving

Wed - Lots of driving

Thurs - 5 miles + lots of driving

Fri - Lots of driving

Sat - Recovering from lots of driving and late, late, late night

Sun - 6 miles + a little bit of driving

Mon - Fly home

Dutchie - Hope you're feeing better soon

Eliz - Here's hoping your mojo finds its way back to you.  "Run and it will come!"

Carol - Good luck on your first tri!

Erika - Enjoy your recovery week.  You deserve it.

Paul - Hi!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

well I'm a wee bit late again but I've been worse.   I think.

thanks evryday!  

and thanks for the marathon wishes & kind words.  Smile

Hope Leslie is having a nice flight home today.

yikes, Dutchie.  get better!

(((Erika's foot!)))

Eliz good luck on your new plan!

no plan for this week, or not much of one.  can you tell?

day      plan   actual
                     mon    stretched, juggled family, didn't drop many, drove home, unloaded car, iced knee.
                     tues    15-20 min. light strength stuff
                     wed    as far as I can remember, nothing!
                     thurs    15 min. ellipticallying, 27 min. recumbent biking, 35 min. ub weights & stab. ball things
                     fri    4.6 miles, rain & wind so seemed fitting somehow, 10:06 pace. 
                     sat    1/2 hr. assorted strength/core work, rainy walk with sadie
                     sun    7.72 miles, 10.01 pace

totals:  incessant moving & stretching, lots.(which you can gather from the incessant part...)  1.5 hrs. strength work, 12.32 miles running, walking & element immersion.