Masters Running

Sat Jan 19th Masters Runs (Read 428 times)

Congrats to anyone who went over 10 miles today, woohoo! I had myself a carpy carpy 6 mile TM run. Tomorrow will be better. Ice baths....don't we punish ourselves enough already?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Great runs and workouts to all! 6 easy miles for me this afternoon...10:28 pace.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 5.5 miles on the rec center indoor track. Kind of a progression run, as my first mile was 10:40 and the last was 9:35. My 14-year old DD came with me and ran her C25K program on the treadmill - I think she's on week 4 now, and enjoying it. Two of her friends now join her at the rec center and run with her - one was there today. So cool! I've influenced her to start running, and she's gotten her friends interested! I took DD and one of her friends skiing/boarding yesterday at Arapahoe Basin - it was COLD! I think the high was 5 degrees F. But it was fun! I telemark ski and the girls are snowboarders. I think I'll pass on the ice bath - maybe on a hot day in the summer it would feel good after a run, but not after a cold winter run!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Ran first race of the year -- Painters Half Marathon in St. George Utah. About 23 degrees at start. Had a good race for an almost 60 year old -- 1:31:25. Legs pretty tired though and probably need a 3 day break.

Marathon Maniac #957

Ran first race of the year -- Painters Half Marathon in St. George Utah. About 23 degrees at start. Had a good race for an almost 60 year old -- 1:31:25. Legs pretty tired though and probably need a 3 day break.
            Nice racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."