Masters Running

October Masters Miles (Read 49 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Halloween!  Since it's the end of the month, it's time once again to post your monthly mileage, and any PRs or AG awards.

Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals, and  anything else I feel like giving an award for.

Awards will be tallied a little late, because I'll be out in Moab on a climbing trip after the marathon.   But since I almost always post awards late, hopefully no one will notice (except Stumpy).

This is the Mule Deer Trail in Golden Gate Canyon State Park:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

I love the white birch trees.  (I hope that is what those are.)

I'll go ahead and go first.

Rounding up to 77 miles for the month.

I don't anticipate any awards unless you create a new one for lowest miles for a healthy person who was just being lazy.

beautiful Carolyn - enjoy Moab and your visit with Holly!!

107.3 for me -- was hoping to get over 110 but woke up with stiff neck traveling down my back so no run today!!

1/2 marathon PR 1:51 - 8+ minute PR Big grin

denise

Dave59

1/2 marathon PR 1:51 - 8+ minute PR Big grin

Congratulations!  That's a fantastic time and PR.

will run for popsicles

96.9 miles. but in my defense, i had no idea this was going to be a competition or I would have knocked out that last 0.1 mile.

I think I set the record for most consecutive days thinking "DAMMIT I FORGOT THE BODY GLIDE AGAIN" at the 2 mile point of runs. Must've been up to nine days before I began duct taping it to my body the night before. I'll never understand the phrase "better chafe than sorry."

MM #7877

October - 311.05 miles

Highlights: 1st Marathon since 2008, and set a PR running it. Columbus Marathon 3:45.06

Philippians 4:13.

Henrun

After 2 months of practically no miles (and 'winner' of least miles last month) ran 57.8 in October.

marj 60 - now in recovery mode

OrangeMat

MM #6177

October was my marathon trifecta month, and with only 132.9 miles in total, it looks like most of my miles were run during those three marathons. Still no PR, but each subsequent marathon was faster than the previous, so I was very pleased. Plus I added three new states to my collection. Gonna lay low for a bit now for the month of November....

90.9 for October….way better than last month.

PR on a 5 mile race last Sat. in the TN State Parks Running tour!  Haven't had a PR in YEARS!

thanks for keeping me motivated!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Squeaked in a highly unmotivated 2.1 miles this morning to make it back to triple figures--100.1 miles for the month.  first time since May so I'm happy with that.  So much so, I won't even harass Wild about her schedule. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

264.3 miles

Thanks!

Mariposai

176 miles and about 20 hours of cross training.

A 10k 1AG and 4' PR.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Beautiful picture as always Carolyn.

October - 112 miles (back in triple digits, yea!).

Paul

mta: I just noticed the mileage odometer since I starting running 10 years ago hit a nice round number sometime in October.

Lifetime - 14,000 miles

evanflein

Lovely photo, Wildchild, that trail looks familiar...

Suffered a fabulous slip and fall on the ice tonight in pursuit of enough miles to hit the prime number goal. Just couldn't finish the month just barely short of goal.

201(.2) miles... 6th month in a row over 200 miles, and a prime number! (well, if you disregard that pesky .2 at the end).

(Rats, had to change that... not a prime number.... shows what doing math on the run after falling will do for you!)

will run for popsicles

gotta respect someone who would risk death for a prime number.