Masters Running

Help with a kayak race? (Read 181 times)

coastwalker

Hi all, (I've posted this in Cross Training, but I thought I'd add it here too, since so many of you have such broad ranges of experiences.) I've helped to organize many road races, but this is the first time I've been asked to help organize and put on a kayak race. Does anybody know where I might find some info about the basics of putting on a good flat water kayak race? I'm looking for input on course length and layout, course safety, timing the race, usual kayak race amenities, etc. Thanks, Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Try this web site: paddling.net Eliz counting the days until the floaty dock goes in the water and I have a kayak under my fanny again. Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Gee, Eliz--what a surprise you chipped in here Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Gee, Eliz--what a surprise you chipped in here Wink
          Funniest thing is that my best friend got me a subscription to "Canoe and Kayaking" magazine for Christmas, and the first issue just arrived today - AFTER I posted the link to paddling.net {cue Twilight Zone music} Jay - sorry to hijack your thread. There's a school district in South Jersey that has done a tri - running, biking, and paddling - the past few years. You might be able to get some info from them. I forget now whether it was Absecon or Ventnor, but if you google "pedal paddle run" and "NJ," you'll probably find their website. Hmmm, planning kayak races . . . . . sounds like fun. eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

coastwalker

Thanks for the suggestions, Eliz. I'll check them out. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.