Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 12.22.17 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick walk-by this morning - way too much to do in way too little time.

6.4 RW miles in 20° temps under threatening (snow?) skies.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

((Deez))

It occurred to me today: I know my standard 5-mile route. I can't do speedwork anymore, so I don't care about time. So why do I wear a Garmin running? Hmmmm...

5-mile run

Enjoy the extra second of daylight today....and have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

4 miles this morning. Going to be 60° and rainy today. Makes me miss Michigan & Buffalo.

Speaking of Buffalo, the Sabres play tonight but I'll be spared the embarrassment because we have a dinner to go to. The Buffalo Sabres have gotten so pathetic that I enjoy going out and being among people more than staying home and seeing the game.  You know its bad when that happens.

I enjoy running after a rest day too much to ever go on a streak. The extra bounce in my step feels good. I once ran 70+ days in a row just to see what it was like. That is the most I ever managed and I doubt I'll come close to it again.

Tramps

The Buffalo Sabres have gotten so pathetic that I enjoy going out and being among people more than staying home and seeing the game.  You know its bad when that happens.

Wow, that is bad. 

On the bright side: 1st-round draft pick!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mornin' y'all.   Raining pretty hard outside by the time we got up.  I'm off work today (well, out of the office at least) so we didn't have to get up early.  Later night last night due to Beer and Carols, which was really fun, as always.

5.2 miles on the treadmill.  Longest I've done on the treadmill in awhile.  Not very fun, but I made it.  I did open the window!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Thanks, all.   As far as the cats, tet's thought was my first thought.  In the law it's called "fraud in the inducement" and I think it would apply, but apparently in TN once they settled and he got the cats they became his property.  Somehow my daughter needs to appeal to him to tell her exactly where they are so she can make sure they are safe and maybe see them.  That's the most we can get, I'm afraid.  I believe he is a horrible person and I don't want to push him too far because I don't want any retaliation against her or even us.

Streaking-  treadmill miles definitely count.  I think treadmill presents its own difficulty.  Minimum of a mile a day, but I average about 5.  I'm going to cut that back a little this next year.  During this streak I've run in a lot of US states.  I can't remember if I've been to Canada during this one and I have not been overseas during this 3 years.  It really isn't that hard for me to streak.  It isn't that hard to run at least a mile, and if you can run a mile, you can usually do more.  The hardest (and shortest mileage) days are when I have a 6 am flight or something and business dinners at the end of the work day.

Oh, Deez.  I am so sorry.  There's some comfort in knowing he's in a safe place, but I just can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through.

Runner - We don't have kids, we have cats.  I don't know what I'd do if I was in the same situation as your daughter.  That is just awful.

We close at noon today and then I'm headed to the Sacramento area to spend Christmas with my family.  I haven't seen any of them since last Christmas.  I plan to spend 90% of the time sitting on my butt with my foot in the air.  I warned my niece, and she must've told me a hundred times, "No problem!"  I'm looking forward the most to spending time with just her tomorrow and through most of Sunday until my brother and SIL arrive.  She turned out to be an amazing woman, despite the crap she and her brother went through as kids.

So in case I don't get back in here until my return next week . . . .

Image result for merry christmas cats

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

are we allowed to say someone is a real dick in this forum?  If so, KSA’s ex SOL sounds like a real dick. And he’s a VA doc?!?  Sure hope karma’s a real bitch.

4.5 miles in LA this morning. 45F , so shorts and a light long sleeve shirt. Natives in full parka mode.

{{{deez and family}}}. Extra tough for holidays I think.

BTW Leslie,  any bike shop should have nice gel seat covers. I’v got one for my bike that I ride very little.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

He IS a dick.  He's a Vanderbilt doc but does some work at the VA, too.  He's academic faculty/anesthesiologist.  I hate him.  I emailed him and nicely asked to have one of the cats, but haven't heard back yet.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

100 stairs.

Just enough stairs to qualify for Jay’s recap

but, if not, either way, the recap’s my incentive

to, at least, do something.

jay (confidential) - stairs are okay, . . . . aren't they?

It isn't that hard to run at least a mile, and if you can run a mile, you can usually do more. 

Based on Perchie’s daunting daily 10 miles or more, I think, ribs' BIL, and others I’ve heard about over the years, I never thought a mile-a-day would qualify for a running streak but I can sure see why distance doesn't matter as much as getting out to do it.  Heck, even I could do that.  Hmmmmmm. <<<(2018/2018)>>> here I come, . . . maybe.

KSA - in case dickhead ignores your e-mail,

the heck with Tennessee law, maybe make

him think he's being sued anyway and send him,

c/o the hospital, a strongly worded certified letter

anyway documenting why DD thought her cats’d be okay.

sign it "angry mom"

Wrath of Ire.
                      ps - I'd like to put him under a certain kind of anesthesia he might not like.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Gotta love the passion in this group, right? RunnerKSA I sure hope the cats are ok. Like Leslie, I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I only have one (now) and she's burrowed deep into the fabric of our home life!

Tet, just FYI, Perch's minimum was 5k, but the streakers have it at just one mile. My issue is there are times I just don't want to run, and other times it's just too much trouble to go for "just" one mile but don't have time for more. BTW, Perch's streak ended yesterday at 7 years, 4 months and 3 days.

Have fun, Leslie!

Hang in there, Deez.

So, for a "merry Christmas" for me, my Discover card got hacked and used in NY for some big purchases that the Discover guys were right on top of. I got a couple of e-mails and a text alerting me to suspicious activity on my card, and please confirm some transactions. Hmmm, never heard of those places and hadn't been shopping in days! So... card canceled and a new one on the way. That'll put a serious dent in my shopping this weekend. 

Early out today, but I'll probably stay a couple more hours (it's only 1 pm now). It was supposed to be a lot warmer today but so far, not so much although although it looks like it's about 9° and the sun is still up. Got a few more things to finish up then I'm out of here.

C-R

Evening everyone. Managed to get a short run to keep the streak alive. 356 days so far.

Karen. Sorry for your pet pain. We are judged by how we treat those who are in our care or we can help. In his case it speaks so poorly for someone in the medical field and one serving vets. I so believe what comes around goes around and he will have to pay up someday. Hope you're there to see it and I sure hope you find the cats.

Hang in there Deez.

Tammy. Congrats to your son on his grades and accomplishments. We are currently faced with the opposite. DD is on academic probation after first semester grades. She struggles with ADHD and we knew college would be hard. We are working together to find a process that works but it pains me to see such a bright young mind having such difficulty. We will figure out a path but it aint easy.

Enough sad stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with family and I hope you have peace, joy and laughter.

5k tomorrow in snow. Can't wait.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA - in case dickhead ignores your e-mail,

the heck with Tennessee law, maybe make

him think he's being sued anyway and send him,

c/o the hospital, a strongly worded certified letter

anyway documenting why DD thought her cats’d be okay.

sign it "angry mom"

Wrath of Ire.
                            ps - I'd like to put him under a certain kind of anesthesia he might not like.

Totally!  I would sue him for sure!  He probably doesn't realize that it won't hold up in court, but would likely have to pay an attorney to show up and defend him.  And KSA could represent her DD for free.  I think a "nuisance lawsuit" is just what the doctor ordered....

Erika - That's a drag, but seems to happen a lot these days.  I told DH recently that we have been through 3 or 4 cards in the last 3 years due to getting hacked.  At least they stay on top of it (no, we did not spend $250 at a Safeway in Florida today, etc).

The temp. was so warm today, 51 degrees when I set out, with misty drizzle but not bad.  I really should have done my LR, since snow and cold temps arrive in the morning, but I just had so much to do I didn't have time.

The boss cut us loose at noon, so I went to the grocery to stock up on what I need for the next few days and it was a madhouse.  How could they be so crowded already?  I could barely get my cart around all the people, and soon felt quite claustrophobic.  $100 later, I finally made it home, only to realize I had forgotten the pecans for the sweet potato casserole.  Drat.

As one of her presents, I then took DD to Kohl's to pick out a couple of items and use my 30% coupon.  I limited her to $30.  We spent a little over $50.  But hey, for that she got a jacket, a sweater, a shirt, and I got a shirt as well.

9 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

I so believe what comes around goes around and he will have to pay up someday.

And if you don't get the cats back, you could "accidentally" leak his address and we could send him anonymous nasty-grams.  Just sayin'

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

4.2 @ 8:05

Got a late start, and we're having a cocktail party tonight.

Animals; I hold a special violent hatred for people who abuse animals (and children). Animals are pretty much helpless. I hope in this case the cats WERE given to someone who will care for them, and they probably were. The LYING part is despicable, but I think that many of us can attest that some decisions made in the heat of divorce can be regrettable, and once sanity returns can usually be corrected or atoned. Hopefully the cats can be tracked down and those family and friends that wanted to take them in can get them. Fingers crossed.

My little Rat Terrier woke up with Vestibular syndrome yesterday, and it was disconcerting. Another dog we had that passed a couple years ago had it once, so I knew what it was and relieved (it goes away on it's own in 2-10 days). All a vet will do is prescribe anti-nausea medication if they are throwing up (dizzy) and can't hold down food or water. Pickles was in no pain, she was wagging while leaning and walking in a circular way and falling a few times, she was almost normal by evening, and this morning had a little bit left. But it's also a reminder that she is getting old, 17 this Spring. No worries about her appetite, she eats any and everything within reach; very food obsessed.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying