Masters Running

Chili recipe for btb and Twocat (Read 270 times)

Very simple but tasty chili recipe 2 pounds of ground sirloin (can also use 1 pound of ground sirloin and 1 pound of ground pork) 1 large can of tomato puree (or finely diced tomatoes) 1 small can of tomato paste 1 small can of diced chilis 2 - 3 cans of kidney beans (or leave them out and increase the amt of beef if you don't like beans in your chili) 1 large onion coarsely chopped 1 garlic cloves minced 2 - 3 teaspoons of salt 2 tablespoons of chili powder 1 tablespoon of cumin Brown the meat, saute the onions and garlic - throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook on for at least 8 hours (all day or overnight). I serve it with Colby-Jack cheese and corn chips (Frito pie - yummm). It's even better reheated the second day if you have any leftovers.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

btb1490

Woohoo! Thanks Sue! I feel honored that you shared your award winning recipe with us. Thanks! I know what I'm doing this weekend.... Smile
        Hey btb! My ice cream place opened this week - I know exactly what I'm doing this weekend!!!

btb1490

Hey btb! My ice cream place opened this week - I know exactly what I'm doing this weekend!!!
          When will we see you again? Wink Chili, followed by ice cream.... oh. my. gosh.
            I feel slighted that this chili recipe is for BTB and TwoCat only. Hmmmmppphhhhhh. Wink Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Sorry Bill, didn't mean to leave you out ;-).

Looks like a great recipe and I am always looking for new ones that use the slow cooker! Thank you.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Good job Sue, and thanks. I save all of these I can. Love the stuff. Spareribs
                  evanflein

Sue... you mean cook it on low for at least 8 hours, right...? Looks good, and could probably brown up the meat and onions, etc the night before? I think I'll add a can of black beans, too... Thanks! Always looking for good crockpot stuff.
                      Erika - oops, low it is. My crockpot has an "overdrive" setting that cooks on high for the first two hours and then cranks it down to low for the remainder. Thanks for catching that! I know it's probably not condoned by the "health authorities", but I usually brown the meat, onions and garlic, mix everything up in the crockpot and put everything in the fridge overnight. Then start the pot just before I walk out the door in the morning. It's so nice to have dinner ready to go when we get home. btb - you'll see me again when I've gained 5 pounds from the ice cream and have to get back to running to take off the excess weight ;-).

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks Sue! I've saved this in my collection to try. I think at our house it might also get served on flour tortillas with shredded cheese.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I made chili the other day. All I can say is if you have not tried it yet you have no idea what you are missing! The stuff is great. Preparation time is near zero to boot! The only downside is that you end up with a LOT of chili! With just my DW and me to eat it we had to freeze most of it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

So if you were a Veterinarian and didn't want to use meat, would you just add a couple more cans of beans?
                            Vista
                              Yum thanks for the chilie recipe....going cooking now. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

Woohoo! Thanks Sue! I feel honored that you shared your award winning recipe with us. Thanks! I know what I'm doing this weekend.... Smile
                                Well...chili is great for carboloading week, right? Please fix an extra plate for the lady with butterfly wings (who is tapering and carboloading this week) Blush

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard