Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 03/28 (Read 432 times)

Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit.  You are what you repeatedly do. (Shaquille ONeal)

Have a good one, friends.

Erika - 55.7 miles run, 1.7 miles walked, 4.5 miles elliptical, 1 hr 20 mins. pool running, 1 hr 2 min. weights

Ev - 25 running miles

Shadowrunner - 25.6 miles for week; 880 push-ups; 1.75 hours core excercise; 1.6 hours of free-weights

prfriese - 24 miles, 539 pushups, & skiing

Stumpy - 10.65 running miles, yoga, 22 min elliptical, x-training

Dutchie - 49.6 "happy" running kilometers, 26 biking kilometers, 1x upper body, 3x lower body, 2x abs

Eliz - 65 minutes walking, lots of stretching, upper body via box moving

fatozzig - 56.9 road/trail miles, 1.25 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30; strength/core ---------------------------------------------- 30 min; 1 hr core/strength

Wed - 10 miles w/strides -------------------------------------------------- 8 crappy miles w/a coupla strides

Thurs - 3 or 30; strength/core -------------------------------------------- 40 min core/strength

Fri - Rest

Sat - 20 miles ----------------------------------------------------------------- 20 miles (4 road, 16 trail)

Sun - 10 miles ---------------------------------------------------------------- 10 road miles

Totals: 38 miles, 1.4 hours core/strength, 30 min cycling

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Wow Leslie, that's fast. Thanks for getting it all started again.

Mon: 15min easy run plus 30min LB plus 30 min UB + abs

Did 2.75 easy kilometers on the TM, 25 minutes LB and about 25 minutes chest/triceps. Ran out of time for abs. Plus a 13K bike commute. Nice Spring day. Bit chilly on the way home.

Tue: 60 min hilly run

Woke up late (5h20) and now feel sluggish, sleepy and tired. Have been running 5 day sin a row. Maybe I need a rest day. Bike commute.

Wed: 30 min easy run plus 30 min LB + abs

Slept in. Nothing to report.

Thu: 60 min tempo run

12.56 kilometer easy run with Spooky. Gorgeous Spring day:a steaming 18C with a light breeze. Spooky managed to jump in cement. We were running on this path between fields (where they grow stuff like carrots and peas) and I saw these men up ahead doing who knows what. Spooky ran towards them, tail wagging all friendly and jumped straight in. These men started shouting at her, waving their arms and trying to get her away. As I got closer I realised they put cement down to lay these huge concrete slabs. I apologised of course, but hey, how were we to know Who puts cement down right smack in the middle of carrot fields??? 

Still feeling tired, which made it feel like a hard run.

Fri: 15 min easy run plus 30 min LB plus 30 min UB + abs

First 35 minutes of back, shoulders and triceps. Added on 10 minutes of abs. Then went out for a 7 kilometer easy run. Felt easier than yesterday. Ofcourse, it was a shorter run.

Sat: 5.5K doggie run plus 30 min boxing

This morning was a 5.5 kilometer doggie run. Spike was like a dachshund on crack again. That dog is sometimes unbelievably motivated to run, but he's a much faster runner than I am. So when I finally could, I took him off leash and he dashed off. Spooky chased him all the way passing Spike at times. Spike hates it when that happens and nipped at Spooky's legs. It had been raining overnight and darn it if they both weren't rolling around in the mud. Of course, by the time I got to them they jumped up and ran ahead again 

Sun: 24 kilometer long run (7K doggie run + 17K sloooow)

Long run today. Decided to turn things around for once. So I first went out for a 20 kilometer with Spooky only. I did this out&back route. I like running out&backs cause if I can run the 2nd half just as fast or slightly faster, I'll know I'm maintaining pace. However, today the 2nd half was pretty tough cause the wind had picked up considerably and I was running over 4.5 kilometers with a strong head wind. Had to lean into the wind at times. Slowed me down by 5 minutes. Ah well, next time I'll do better.

Then added on a 4.2 kilometer doggie run with Spike only. Darn that dog was more interested in sniffing and digging (and peeing everywhere) than running. It felt really hard to finish those last kilometers.

ARghhhhh, I wrote a nice post for Mon and Tue and RA ate them. I've been having problems posting since the last Firefox upgrade (last week).

Total running mileage: 51.9 kilometers, not all as easy as I'd hoped

Total biking mileage:26 kilometers

UB:2x

LB:1x

Abs:2x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Must be the new do.

Thank you Leslie.

Mon............rest..............rest

Tues..........6miles.........6miles

Wed...........9miles........9miles

Thurs........rest...............rest

Frid...........12miles.......no run

Sat............3miles.........10miles

Sun..........20miles........20miles

Total....45miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Another cutback week for me, but really just a chance to catch my breath before the next big (final) push to Boston!

Monday: pool running sucky "rest" day afterall, life too hectic to get a workout of any kind in.

Tuesday: 20 min (2.17 miles) elliptical, 15 minutes weights at lunchtime; 5.15 miles run and .66 walk after work

Wednesday: 17 min (1.86 miles) elliptical, 15 minutes weights; 7 mile tempo run and .45 mile walk after work

Thursday: 6.3 miles run, 8:23 avg pace, .33 mile walk

Friday: 21 min (2.3 miles) elliptical, 20 minutes weights; 30 minutes pool running

Saturday: 9.5 hilly miles run (8:22 avg pace), .3 mile walk

Sunday: 15.5 hilly miles (pretty much the same as yesterday, just more of it), .4 mile walk

Total: 43 miles run, 2.1 miles walked, 6.3 miles elliptical, 50 minutes weights and 30 minutes pool running. Oh, and one accidental stoopid rest day.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

As usual Leslie, thanks for starting us off again this week.

• MON:  AM:  15 mins of core excercises:  140 push-ups [4 sets: 50, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild/light stretching.  PM - Free weights planned.
              • TUE: AM:  15 mins of core excercises:  140 push-ups [4 sets: 50, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild/light stretching.  Early morning run 4.69 miles @ 8:23 pace.  PM Free weights 50 mins; mainly UB {chest, arms, shoulders, back, abds}, and light leg work {squat press, achilles/calfs, leg extensions}. 
              • WED: -Unscheduled rest day  {out sick}
              • THUR:  - Unscheduled rest day
              • FRI: AM:  15 mins of core excercises:  110 push-ups [4 sets: 40, 30, 20, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild/light stretching; PM 5 miles on treadmill @ 8:18 pace; 1 hour free-weights.
              • SAT: AM:  15 mins of core excercises:  140 push-ups [4 sets: 50, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 2 sets of pull-ups, mild/light stretching, Long run 10.9 miles @ 8:45 pace. 
              • SUN: AM:  15 mins of core excercises:  140 push-ups [4 sets: 50, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild/light stretching, Easy run 5.35 miles. 8:27 pace.

Total miles: 25.9

Push-ups: 670

Free-weights: 1.75 hrs

core: 1:15

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Thanks, Leslie!

Monday - yoga between school and night class; hoping it stops pouring so I can get outside without having to swim through the neighborhood tomorrow

Tuesday - AT screaming and crying again, so more stretching

Wednesday - straight from school to rehearsal, so no exercise

Thursday - AT so painful I can barely walk; not sure I can keep managing it on my own <sigh>

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks, Sassy.   my totals might be small, but it still looks nice all totaled out.

Monday:  Yoga.  done, 1 hour

Tuesday:  3 miles.  Weather wimp, nothing today.

Wednesday:  x-training.  35 minutes (3.25miles) elliptical

Thursday:  3 miles and weights.3.1 and no time for weights.  still.

Friday:  rest

Saturday:  x-training.  1 hr pump class.  I went up a few pounds on the bar and felt it.

Sunday:  5 miles

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.