Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.30.18 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday's workouts:

Tramps (5 misty morning miles)

Dave (3.03 pre-work miles)

RunnerKSA (4.2 morning post-rain, pre-drive miles + 2 TM miles at home)

C-R (4 morning miles)

Wildchild (5 pre-sunset trail miles on the west side of Cochise Stronghold)

Holly (35 min of weights & core)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime, energy & motivationless miles)

Fatozzig (ant fight cross-training, + 2.2 walk/run miles at sunset)

Tomwhite (sore back, 40 min on X-bike)

Pfriese ( 6 EZ miles at the park)

Surly Bill (8.25 EZ miles)

Twocat (10 dark miles at 5AM)

Bioguy (5 nice post-work miles)

Evanflein (32 min of pool running)

Spacityerunner (5ish nighttime, fool-moon miles on new trails with the trail gang)

Falconfixer (8 soft rain miles)

Tet (1 mizzly mile + low-impact steps & Aquafit)

Avenger Doggie (hiking with Mom, Dad & Mia)

I always wonder about the genesis of some of those weird and wacky warning labels - very funny, Fatozzig! Or why drug commercials now say not to take the drug if you are allergic to it - do people really need to be told that??

A friend volunteers daily at a local shelter, and told us about a rescued dog that went to a new home where the shelter discovered in less than 2 weeks that the dog was being abused again. What the heck is the matter with some people??? Thankfully (and sadly), dog is back at the shelter.

Nice job of getting out there when you didn't have any mojo, Cat.

Twocat, welcome to my world. Just embrace the darkness.

It's always good to get those reminders about why we love running (walking), Spacityrunner. Just ask Tet.

And it's always good to read about AD's new adventures.

I woke up at 3:57, fed the cat, went back to bed for 2 minutes (Going back to sleep? Nah...), then got up, dressed, and headed out. 6.3 quick RW miles in 23° temps with a bit of a nasty wind from the north and a few snow flurries.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.    4 treadmill miles before work.  It was really windy and cold outside, and I'm nursing a little bit of tendinitis on the top of my right foot.  Done for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...SurlyBills' post reminded me of an Insane Neighbor we had-

(luckily for only a Year)

she had at least 3-dogs at a time

and

replaced them with 3 OTHER dogs about every month

in the words

of a Famous Runner

(Drew Carey)

I assumed she was taking a Do-It-Yourself Veterinarian Course

when

she FINALLY moved

they had to remove the floor down to the sub-floor

to get the smell out of the house

Luckily

I bought THIS little gem,

which I used later at the DrugStore to stop break-Ins after she moved

https://www.houzz.com/product/16829705-bark-free-pro-anti-barking-device-contemporary-pet-supplies

added to

the Black Bucket full of Golf Balls

it provided a Unique Experience to the Drug Addicts breaking In

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

morning all.

the snow is making its way up the coast, so we had about an inch on the ground at 5:30.  Got to make first tracks for about a mile.  21° and a bit more wind than I really like, but nailed the dressing and ran nekkid actually on purpose.  Figured it wasn't going to be fast and I knew how far so went and enjoyed it.  4 snow flurry miles in all.

Then I got stuck behind a plow/sander convoy heading up the highway to work.  Interesting progression as I went north out of the snow--25mph for the first 5 miles until the plows left, then another section of 40, then back up to the full speed (72) for the last half with no snow at all on the ground.

Nice run-run adventure, AD.  (is that how you got your name?)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Luckily

I bought THIS little gem,

which I used later at the DrugStore to stop break-Ins after she moved

https://www.houzz.com/product/16829705-bark-free-pro-anti-barking-device-contemporary-pet-supplies

added to

the Black Bucket full of Golf Balls

it provided a Unique Experience to the Drug Addicts breaking In

I could only hope that you also had a video camera to record those results   Store security by "Home Alone".

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quickadder

5.3 easy 5am miles with DD. 40F and clear skies with a full moon low in the West.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

I could only hope that you also had a video camera to record those results   Store security by "Home Alone".

...actually I had gotten broken into 9-times in one year,

when

I fell back on my ''Trapping and Skinning'' experience........I only got broken in Once in the last 5-years

The DayGlow Sign in my (empty) Narcotics Cabinet said-

''You Made It This Far,

Let's See If You Can Get Out''

''TELL YOUR FRIENDS''

..........for the record,

I never Skinned any of them

Dave59

I'm lost. How does a device designed to stop dogs barking, stop break ins? And why get the device after the dogs move away? It seems like something you would need when the dogs were there and barking.

I ran 4 this morning. Mid 20s and some snowflakes in the air. I could have sworn I saw 2 identical snowflakes but without my glasses on it is hard to 100% sure.

I've taken notes at church for many years. During my last clutter purge though, I may have gotten rid of some of the notebooks. It keeps me focused, I jot down things to follow-up on, and I can track how often the pastor repeats his sermons over the years. (But I learned that they get defensive and deny it if you bring that up.)

I am not "zipping" down to Tallahassee at the last minute for various reasons. We're going down in a few weeks for the grandkids' spring break and too many 24 hour round trip drives is back breaking. I still haven't mentally recovered from last summer's driving. Cindy can't leave her folks high and dry at the last minute so she wouldn't be able to go. When the kids are in school I don't get to do much with them anyway. Plus, I'd only see the fast runners for a few seconds as they zipped by. Hardly worth that much effort.

Had my visit with the doctor about my tinnitus. As expected there isn't anything that can be done other than what I am already doing to mask the fake sound with other noise. Also had a ear test that showed my hearing is still good. Some hearing loss at the higher frequencies. This is the same doctor that shoved a camera up my nose to view my epiglottis last time I saw him. I am just grateful he didn't do that again.

bioguy

Warning labels and drug ads are always amusing. You all might enjoy this gem:

The drugs I need

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm lost. How does a device designed to stop dogs barking, stop break ins? And why get the device after the dogs move away? It seems like something you would need when the dogs were there and barking.

Yes, exactly what I was wondering.  If only dogs can hear the ultrasonic frequencies, how will it stop an intruder?  Might be better if it MADE barking sounds, rather than stopping them...

Early appointment today cut into my running time (and I didn't get up earlier to make up for it), so just 2.5 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

2.5 miles around the neighborhood before lunch.  40f with some wind and hills and lots of sunshine.

Trails Rock!

''I'm lost. How does a device designed to stop dogs barking, stop break ins? And why get the device after the dogs move away? It seems like something you would need when the dogs were there and barking.''

..........sorry,

should have mentioned it had two settings

''Audible'' and ''Inaudible''----->>like a silent annoying dog whistle that hurt dogs' ears when they barked...

and

was sound triggered (like breaking out a DrugStore Window)

example-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEy_7dAFlqk

''''''''''WARNING; THIS SOUND HURTS SO DO NOT TURN THE SOUND UP '''''''''''''''''''

===============

.30s with WindChill........

.....50-min HH with Hills.......

...............Good Running to Ya.................Great Video bioguy......

Anybody want a couple of cats?  I may be in the market to donate.   I'm guessing The Chicanator was not amused to know when he woke me up at 2:00 a.m. and got the boot that he wouldn't be coming back in for a few hours.  He could've hung out in the garage where Goofy got booted to, but that would be the wise choice.  Wilson's just lucky he calmed down or he would've gotten the boot, too.  His antics began around 1:00.  The Hub's snoring antics began around 12:30.  Someone's going to suddenly "disappear" if things continue in this vein, and The Hub is not immune.  The only one that never gives us grief in the middle of the night is Mr. Mr.  He will sleep non-stop, 24/7 if necessary.

Okay - Given the extreme lack of sleep, I did not get up and work out this morning.  I'll do some squatting and pushups when I get home.

I need a nap . . . .

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

4.6 miles on my lunch hour. 
                              must run exactly 6 tomorrow to hit 100.

Tammy

pfriese

Afternoon all.

Windy day for a run with intervals at the park; 7.1 miles total.

Paul