Masters Running

Pounds-be-gone goal thread (Read 514 times)

Tramps

I was hoping to see 155 and change but, nope, not yet. 

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

W#3 = 157

W#4=  156.4

W#5=  156

Goal <155

Ideal = 150

How'd your week go?

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

I've gained back 2 pounds. 

grrrrrrrrrr

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm down 1.5 lbs to 115.5. 

Still have 3 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-vacation weight.   Why does it take a month to lose what you gain in one week?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I don't know what I am today because I ate pizza last night for dinner and refuse to weigh myself for at least a couple days after eating pizza. . . . but I know I'm less than Tramps and more than Holly.

Tammy

evanflein

Me too, Tammy. I had pulled pork last night, and made a real piggy of myself about it, too. When I make it it's not very salty but this stuff I could tell would be trouble. But it sure was good! I'm having tooth sensitivity problems so whatever I can eat easily using the left side of my mouth is what goes down. Apparently I do pretty well with that plan. I know I'm up a couple pounds but it's [mostly] water retention. My rings are tight!!

Holly, I gained almost 5 pounds on a week's trip, and I ran over 60 miles and tried to watch what I ate! How's that for unfair?

Renee the dog

I'm steady at 127...but I've been drinking like a fish, so I am not complaining.  On my last guest for the summer, so boozing will go down, sleeping will go up.  Should help me get to the next level in my goal.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I gained almost 5 pounds on a week's trip, and I ran over 60 miles and tried to watch what I ate! How's that for unfair?

That's what happened to me!  Although I didn't run 60 miles, more like 45 or something, because I didn't run on the 2 travel days.  But still.  And then when we got back I couldn't seem to get a grip and stop eating....of course, it turned out that hormones had some impact on that, but it was no help at getting me started losing that extra weight....I've been a big fat cow for two weeks.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I guess I'll join the "fun" for a while as I've let my weight drift up some from where i had it before my last race.

Weight at it's alltime worst before I took up running:  203 lbs. 

Current weight:  180 lbs.

Goal Raceday Weight:  172 lbs.

The plan includes instituting a household ban on Chips.  (This worked for me before Bayshore)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I'm steady at 127...but I've been drinking like a fish, so I am not complaining.  On my last guest for the summer, so boozing will go down, sleeping will go up.  Should help me get to the next level in my goal.

Luckily, boozing is not my problem.  But over-indulging in food-related activities is.  Doggone conference!  I'm up to 145.6.  Haven't seen that number in awhile.  I am reminded of Holly's comment about carrying a 5-lb bag of sugar.  Unfortunately, it's Bonkos/Bunko tonight, but I will try and be good.  I need to get rid of the 5 before my trail marathon at the end of September.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

I got on one of the health check machines at the grocery store. The blood pressure was good...My BMI said I was obese!!!I wanted to pick the machine up over my head and throw it.

209 lbs

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

Down a half to 166.5.  It must be from running in the heat and humidity because I ate like a pig this week.

Not at it at all. 

I've been a big fat cow for two weeks.....

Shame on you, Holly. You're a beautiful, physically fit woman. No one works harder at her running and conditioning than you do. Why are women so hard on themselves?

I've been staying the same at 125 for the last few weeks. I could be lighter, and I know it would definitely help my running, but I'm not going to give up an occasional alcoholic beverage or ice cream cone to lose those extra pounds. 

My DH has a great attitude about weight. He says he gets out of the shower and looks at his reflection in the mirror and says "What is, is. Thank you God." Wish I could be more like him.

Tramps

I'm gonna start calling this the "drunken barnyard thread"

Big fat cows, eating like a pig....and, of course, the boozers. 

I'm with Jlynne.  Shouldn't there be more positive imaging? Graceful gazelles and the like?  This is supposed to be about feeling good, not beating up on ourselves.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Next Monday will mark 3 weeks of watching what I eat and drink ..... to a certain extent ..... and I am happy to report a 6 pound weight  loss so far.   Almost to my first goal of loosing 10 pounds and then I will tackle the next 4 pounds.  I don't know why I let myself go for so long.

I agree - Holly you are too hard on yourself!! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Next Monday will mark 3 weeks of watching what I eat and drink ..... to a certain extent ..... and I am happy to report a 6 pound weight  loss so far.

Wow!  That's great.  Well done!

Be safe. Be kind.