Masters Running

Simple Abundance Tuesday (7/31) (Read 390 times)

Hi, Folks -  I'm back in the land of technology.  Got home about 45 min ago after 9+ hours on the road.  The Hub helped me unload the car, then immediately left for an AA meeting/camp meeting.  He's leaving tomorrow for a 5-day AA camping adventure about 45 min south of us and has the truck all loaded and wanted to leave it in the driveway, so he needed the car.  Kind of cracks me up that he's leaving for 5 days after I've been gone for six and on the day of our 25th anniversary to boot, but no worries!   Like I told him, if I didn't leave him after last year, the fact he wants to leave for what amounts to a 5-day AA meeting on our anniversary isn't a deal breaker. Big grin

The Race - WHEW!!  I'm going to write a race report over the next few days, but I will say it was tough, I had two pretty good low periods, I am SO glad Kate was there 'cause I learned a lot.  Finished in 12:13:341 - a 40 min PR from American River 50 two years ago.  Woo Hoo!!!  I am so frigging happy!!!!  . . . . . . . . . . . I'm going back.

I thought about you all a lot and knew you were rooting for me.  It helped in the low periods.

Well, like I said, I just got home, so I'm going to go decompress.  Will chat with you soon.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Sorry Ribs.  You and your family will be in my prayers.

Welcome back, Leslie!  Can't wait to read your report.

Nice picture Holly!

Every "sweet run" I had this July was when I ran with Ryan.  When we run together, he's all mine...no interuptions...just us two enjoying our run and each other's company.  I really think he actually likes me.  He has opened up to me about a lot of things during these runs...I just can't describe how proud I am of him...of course, you all know how I feel because you have your own kids that, I'm sure, you're just as proud of. 

Tonight was a nice run...I think I've been enjoying my runs a lot more since I've started this new job.  Probably because I feel so lost and out of place at work.  Then, when I run--my confidence comes back and I feel like me again...whatever the heck "me" feels like.  Anyway--I went out for 10 but did a little exploring and ended up with 11.6 in 1:27:12--and it felt good.

Okay--that's it for me--see ya! 

Mariposai

He was the best person I ever knew. May he rest in peace.   Spareribs

This, coming from one of the best person I ever knew, says a lot! Butterfly hugs to you and the whole family. Please know that you our hugs and prayers are with the family.

Happy 25th anniversary to Shorty and Leslie! Enjoy your resting time and then let us know the whole story.

Bregarcito, thanks for sharing your tri-training here. I really am eating up what you are sharing with us. Tri-athlete I shall never be, but I am sure enjoying reading about yours.

Welcome back Coastwalker...great avatar btw.

Enkephalin, congrats on your 100 miler this month! What a sweet thing your DH did for you! coming home to dinner must be a sweet feeling.

Holly, look at you and your son! what a great shot of both  you and your son! Boy is he tall or what!

Thank you so much about your sweet words and hugs about Moondancer. Please know it really meant a lot to me and my family that you all care so much.Thank you! Every day brings a new thing that reminds us of her. During lunch today was missing her during our nap together (she normally would nap on my tummy with me). I have only owned two pets in my life, two cats, about 30 years apart, so loosing Moondancer is a huge ordeal for me. Tonight I went to Home Depot to purchase two plants of roses to plant in her favorite two places in my garden. It should be a lasting memory of her for years to come.

As for running, I went out for a sweet and sweaty (hi Tramps) 10 miler. Great fun with the zombies trying to catch me! I sure gathered a lot of supplies for my township during this expedition!

Butterfly hugs to all who want it today! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Ribs - My condolences to you and your family.  Knowing the inevitable doesn't make it easier.  Hugs to you and yours.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations to rib’s four year heart. We’re all lucky because of it. Somehow, it’s no surprise that your sister married such a super guy. I guess she grew up with one....................................................... ...................... .. Timbo - sounds like you are both in good enough shape but donna might need to gain some confidence with some sustained speedwork on Thur/Fri, maybe 6-8 miles on Thur and 10-12 on Friday. Then, on Saturday, instead of wasting your time by having her wonder why everyone else is going out so fast, just go on out with ‘em too. Have donna draft in a little tuck right behind you. It’ll all be over with before you know it. ......................... ........................ .. Holly - you sure like stairs. You’ll really love Equinox. ps - maybe I’m mellowing but that’s the first time I’ve seen anything that said “ohio state” on it that I liked. . ..........................................welcome back leslie..........................................................................................good luck henry

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

In the heat!  I love it!  Personally, I think all of you kvetching about the heat and humidity are crazy.  You want to complain!  Can you say winter!!  Dead I despise putting on piles of clothes and still freezing for a few miles until I warm up.  Nearly as bad, when I finally do return home I get to discover if the cold has so sapped my fingers of their dexterity that I cannot get they door key out of my pocket or turn it in the lock if I do.  Winter?  Ugh!!!

+1  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."