Masters Running

Monday, 3.7.16 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Precious little time to post this morning...

It was great to see Stumpy just before mile 9 in his half yesterday! He looked a little fatigued, but was still going strong. I had walked down to the neighbor's house 'cause he brought out a big speaker, and was blasting "pump me up" music for the racers (and it seemed to be doing the job). I was shaking the bells that I kept from when I drove a Good Humor truck in my college days.

Congrats on the 10-mi. PR, Holly!

Great job on the slopes (and the road) Tet!

Looks like the sledding party was a success, Steve. I love the 'beard' on the snowman...

SRD, but meetings galore.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Not much activity today on the forum or by me! No running for me today. I had to leave for the office too early for that. Once at the office, my final real estate class lecture was cut short. Way short. The central campus power plant went down. They made us evacuate. I managed to return to the building 90 minutes later.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

I'll add to the non-running posts.  Last night eating apple pie, I bit on something hard and it turned out to be a crown.  So I spent several hours at the dentist this morning while they made me a new one - the cement had failed, so no cost   Now off to the Y for some elliptical time

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

As if I ever needed an excuse, I'm too tired too from seven nonstop hours

of yoyo skiing up-the-lift and down-the-slopes for the first time since 1995.

The only thing that would be better than being back up here in GS land

would be if Steve and Noah could come up in their snowsuits for a day too.

No particular reason but one of the mall stores has batman watches. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Unlike many around here, Monday is a run day for me, as I work long hours on Tuesdays and Fridays, so I take those two days off ... well an also sometimes on Sunday if I am feeling tired. So - today was a cold and windy run, I couldn't seem to get warm, which was helpful for my pace. I rewarded myself with a post-run Cortado - which is like a atte, but with less milk - it warmed me up.

Marj - ouch on the crown!

Jay drove a Good Humor truck?

TwoCat - 90 minutes - I hope that you had a good book or some knitting with you.

Hi Tet!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Just a 5.78 miles walk to and around the swamp with Leonidas this afternoon. Had the alarm set to run this morning but, this cold is making me sleep more.

Hi Jay, TwoCat, Marj, Tet, and La Tortuga and all who follow!

Did I mention we went to hear Brother Guy speak on Friday evening?  He was great. I always think of mcsolar when I hear astronomy lectures.

Run well, friends.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

C-R

Oh no. More dental issues. All the best Marj.

Congrats on the PR Holly.

Loved those pictures in the snow. Looks like good clean family fun.

Well it seems I may not be as healed as I thought. Two days in a row of 5 miles and there was some swelling once again. I managed a nice 5k this morning but at PT I was told to not do the five miles per day just yet. Seems my imbalance issues remain. How did I get this far out of whack? Ah well - patience is a virtue and I need to practice it.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

love the skiing post, tet, even tho  I have poor balance and don't ski (but for x-country).

JAy was the ice cream man!  Of course!

this dental misery is rampant!

heal up there C-R.....one of our speediest went down halfway into the half yesterday with something that 'snapped' in the knee vicinity.  He was icing it at the finish and grimacing.  Hate when we get hurt.  On a happy note, my young speedy friend with the stress fracture who was fretting about not being trained for Boston ran the half yesterday in 1:35.  So we do mend nicely.

Say Dr. Robin (and y'all, of course), see what I said about you in my latest scribbling, below .

busy here too--

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Somehow during my sprint at the finish yesterday (hey, my Garmin said I was at a 6:24 pace in the last couple hundred yards and that almost never happens for me), I tweaked a muscle in my hip.  Nothing that bad, but an interesting location - if you stand and put your hands on your hips, that is the place where the sore muscle is, but just on one side.  Anyway, I expect a few days will have it all right, just a new one for me.

No run today, just about 20 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Amy - I'm not kidding, if you ever get back into snow country for a marathon or something, take a day to rent the new cheat, . . . I mean short shovel skis, have a two hour lesson and enjoy the rest of the day.   If you do and don't, I'll reimburse the skiing, . . . or show you in person if you ever get back the PNW for a winter marathon (but I wouldn't recommend it now that you're used to warm winters too).

Holly - too bad it's not about twenty years from now

or I could save you a doctor's visit

and tell you it's arthritis.

Dear Dad,

The dash-cam (DH) put in after you took

his truck skiing is not about your driving.  

It's for your protection.

thank u.

love u

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

It is pretty incredible to see the string of dental issues around here these days. Almost as much as the knee issues! Marj, at least yours was gratis, the rest of us aren't so fortunate!

C-R, slow and easy, please. Recurring swelling is not a good sign...

Holly! I hope it's just a minor tweak and you'll be good to go tomorrow.

Tet, I'd love to see you driving that. I don't mind driving our pickup (GMC Sierra) but it is a beast in a parking lot, especially when in 4WD. Driving the Subaru after the pickup is quite a change.

My legs were strangely tired after yesterday's 12.5 mile treadmill run. It really is different to run on that thing vs outside where you have some variation in terrain and pace. Today's run was 5.8 miles on really slick surfaces. We've had so many weeks of temps warm enough to cause surface melting but then refreezing every night so everything is pretty well glazed with ice. It's cooled off a bit (20's) but it's been windy lately! Brrr, makes for a chilly return trip on an out-and-back run.

SteveP

The only thing that would be better than being back up here in GS land

would be if Steve and Noah could come up in their snowsuits for a day too.

No particular reason but one of the mall stores has batman watches. .

Post of the day!!!!!

SteveP