Masters Running

TGIF OCT 2...Runs....Romps.....and whatever else. (Read 565 times)

Slo

Morning Gang

Early start to the work day. In at 4:30

I'm up at 4:00 anyway....just the fact that I'm at work. A big project starting today. Out with the old and in with the new. A Robotic Palletizer.

SteveP.....Dang man....glad your all right ! Sounds like someone was watcthing out for you. Hope you heal up and get back to running soon !

My shin still sucks.......It now looks like I'll be down awhile. Last night I blew the cob webs off my elliptical and put my road bike in the trainer......getting ready to hunker down and suck it up. Time to face the fact that my little lay up may take weeks.

On the upside......I picked up my new Mountain Bike last night ! It cost me a new couch......I can use that too I'll need a spot to rest my sore an weary bones on after a good hard ride

BlazinCajun

SLO_HAND - Hope you heal up soon - who needs a couch anyway?

Fairly easy run today. Left the house at 0500. The temperature was 59º. Ran up the hill to St. Helena's Convent, looped around and ran it two more times. Finished up by running through the villiage. Ended up running 6.18 miles at a 9:45/mile pace. Run lasted 1hr 13 seconds. Jumped in the pool for a quick cool-down.

Looking forward to a camping trip this weekend with my two daughters Celeste and Clarissa. Katharina conveniently is teaching religious education this weekend so she won't be able to camp with us; however, she will help me set up the site today while the girls are in school. Hope everyone who reads this has a great weekend.

God Bless, Andrew

Andrew
      ------------------
      God, my Lord, is my strength;
      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
      and enables me to go upon the heights.
      Hb 3:19

Good morning Slo. I'll get up at 4:30 to run, but go to work? Ugghh. Sorry your shin is still store but it sounds like you're making the best of a bad situation. I say why get a new couch when you can have a new bike instead? Just have the family take turns sitting on it when they watch television.

Steve - glad you're OK. I'll bet you were really stiff and sore. How bad is your truck?

All of this talk about reflective clothing is pretty interesting. I went to look at new running shoes yesterday, and my favorite shoe expert guy told me he always wears black when he runs in the dark. Figures he can see the cars coming and can react more quickly than they can. Yeah, well he's not 57 years old either!

I have the day off today. Got up, got dressed and quickly discovered it's raining cats and dogs with some hefty winds blowing. So, I put a pot of coffee on and will start scrubbing floors and pushing the vacuum cleaner around until it clears up. Not quite how I envisioned spending my Friday off...

Have a great day everyone.

Steve P

BTW, the Dr's. office called with my X-ray results today...I'm normal.

Not a chance!    Hey you set up a layup you gotta figure somebody is going to sink it!

BTW:  Glad you are ok. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

BTW, the Dr's. office called with my X-ray results today...I'm normal.

Some might argue that statement SteveP.   Big grin    Very happy that you are okay though - that was a very scary story!

{{{Slo}}}  Goodwill has some interesting couches to get you through .... just sayin'

Have a great weekend with your daughters Andrew.

I awoke to the same weahter at JLynne this morning, plus I started sneezing so I opted out of my run today.  Feeling tired anyway as I haven't been getting to bed as early as I should.   DD#1 came over last night for our girl's night of popcorn and favorite TV shows.   She's such a great kid and actually likes to hang out with her 'ol mom.  Big grin

TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

{{{Slo}}}  Goodwill has some interesting couches to get you through .... just sayin'

I'd go for that but I don't think DW will.  It's one of those....."Oh, you get a new bike......what do I get ?" The couch we have is slated for Goodwill.

Tramps

Good luck to all the weekend racers!

Busy week.  I haven’t had much chance to visit here and I even had two days without running.   But I got out today and did 10 with the middle 8 @ 7:50.  Happy with that. 

Have a good weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

Today was just a run to let the legs know they shouldn't go to sleep on me.  2 miles with 6 striders (5K to 3K pace) near the end.  That should wake the legs up nicely for tomorrow's 20 miler.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

wildchild

Carolyn

SteveP, glad you're OK, but as Mary and Twocat pointed out, "normal" might be a stretch.

Slo, sorry your shin isn't behaving.  Bummer. Enjoy the new bike!

Andrew, have a great camping trip with your girls!  Sounds like fun.

Fleet feet to the weekend racers!

I'm taking another rest day - still sick, and I didn't get much sleep last night because DD and I were out late at her school play.  It was very well done - these kids have been working hard.   I told DD Ribs' story about Pia Zadora, and she enjoyed it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

#artbydmcbride

Taper madness is taking hold here.  Thank God its Friday!!  Big grin

Tramps, 2 whole days without running?  Whew, I'm glad you are okay!  {{Tramps}}

Runners run

I'm doing a little catching up here.  buehrle I'm glad your sister is fine.  It is best to play it safe.  enke, it's good to hear from you.  blazin, it's good to hear from you and nice running with your daughter.  nono, sorry to hear about the ITBS.  I hope you can recover quickly.  steve, sorry to hear about the accident but glad to know you are "normal".  SLO, it sounds like you've got a good plan and good attitude for cross training while you recover.

Nice long runs for Franc, breger, buehrle, perch, holly, Walt, mariposai, bike, and Tramps.  Good job on the speedwork for Ilene.

Last night, there was a 5K in the nearby town of Caro as a part of their local Pumpkin Festival.  It was a good event.  I saw a lot of my racing buddies, the weather was great (mid 50s and a light wind), and I had my best 5K time since Dec 07.  It took me 25:57 for an 8:22 pace.  I was 33/72 OA and 2/4 in my AG (65 and up).  I passed several people on the half mile uphill stretch at the end and beat at least one person for the first time and another that I've rarely beaten.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s and raining pretty good so I hopped on the TM and did 5mi at 1% and 6.2mph (9:40/mi).

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Taper madness is taking hold here. 

you mean like half marathon a week before your marathon?

I thought it was supposed to be four weeks and am now on day 25.

let me know if you need any.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I had my best 5K time since Dec 07.  It took me 25:57 for an 8:22 pace. 

I was 33/72 OA and 2/4 in my AG (65 and up). 

emergency to ilene -   please move selbie back to his old AG where those times belong

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Hi blazinajun, I really enjoyed the description of your run today. Enjoy your camping trip with your daughters. Where are you located?

Timbo, is having a heck of a training season...he is going to smoke his upcoming race.

Bregarcito, when is your marathon? Enjoy your easy pace 20 miler tomorrow.

slo-hand, I so like your attitude. Take care of that shin. Enjoy your new bike.

fatozzig, I like your food choices too.

3 easy recovery miles for me.

I am so excited about the weekend racers.

and the beers are ready to enter the insane asylum (MM asylum that is)

Ouch SteveP. I am so glad you are Ok.

tetsujin, are you doing Portland also?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Nice run, Andrew.  (I am co-catechist for DS3's confirmation class this year. Small group at my house every Tuesday, we start next week.  Should be fun!)

Tramps!  Liz!  and anyone else in the DC area!  Next weekend starts the Solar Decathlon competition on the Mall.

Lilmissrosie's Virginia Tech team is there.  It is going to be SO cool!  We are going up next weekend to see all of the houses.  Who's in?

http://www.facebook.com/lumenhaus

0731. 57° F. 97% RH.

6 miles with some swamp trail in the middle.  Very nice.  Pacer Man was fabulous.

Then. 3.5 miles walking with Veta Louise Simmons the Wonder Schnauzer.

She is napping in the sun spot right now.

Jlynne, your comments in that weighty thread cracked me up.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."