Masters Running

A Day Long and a Sleep Short for Monday 12/2 (Read 43 times)

Once again I get to start the daily, but only because I am a day ahead. I landed safe and sound. Per tetsujin209's advice I only slept a few hours on the plane. It is now just before 8pm here in Beijing and I am soooo wiped out. My goal is to run 6 on the TM when I get up tomorrow (which will actually be today when you read this). The hotel gym is pretty amazing and includes an underground pool larger than you can imagine! Plus a row of TM just like you might imagine. Well, enough staying up, I am going to collapse.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks, twocat.  I'm glad the travel went well.  That was NOT the case here in the US for many folks yesterday and today.  That gym sounds incredible.  Get a good sleep and report back!

3.1 treadmill miles this morning.  Very cold and windy outside- and a little bit wet.  No thanks.  In a rush now, so have a greta Monday, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good Monday morning Twocat, Karen and those yet to post! Thanks for the start Twocat. Enjoy your well deserved rest.

Good call on the treadmill Karen, though it's a little early to be stuck indoors for you, isn't it? This weather is unbelievable. Global warming...right!

Hey Steve - the candy store I'm working at for the holidays sells "reindeer food" for $3.00 a bag. And there's like 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and some decorating sprinkles in it. You should market yours!

How's your DH doing Carolyn?

Hi Starr! Sick of snow yet? I hope Lon is doing ok these days.

Erika, so sorry about your carpy weather. Nice mileage week for you.

Healing vibes to Holly, her DH and anyone else down with the crud. Hope you're all on the upswing this morning.

We got 7 inches of snow yesterday and got shoveled out last night. The roads were really icy this morning so I went to the Y and did an hour on the elliptical (since all of the treadmills were in use by 5:15 ) and then did 30 minutes of weights and core stuff.

DH and I watched "The Irishman" on Netflix over the weekend. A long movie at around 3 hours, but very well done. And like a who's who of famous actors! Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and more. I recommend it if you get a chance.

Off to sell angel food and fudge. Have a good start to your week everyone!

...twocat//..........see if you can find RedBull, it was originally intended for jetlag.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krating_Daeng

========

heading into 2nd Harvest later,

hopefully

the ONE RESTROOM (as a Changing Area)  for the YMCA (locker remodelling) has ended

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the day-ahead start, Twocat. I hope you get some sleep.

Good calls on the TM (KSA) and the elliptical (Jlynne).

Glad you get your lockers back, Tomwhite.

No RW workout this morning as we got about 3-4" of wet snow overnight, and the roads were not groomed for racewalking (not that they every are when there is snow). However, I've gotten in about 1.5 miles of snowblowing and shoveling so far (my legs are nicely toasted 'cause that stuff isn't light and fluffy), and expect there will be more to do later on, as this snow is expected to continue during the day and overnight into mid-Tuesday.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Good morning. I got up and worked for a while and then went out for 3.05 miles around Devonshire. That is the name of our little development. The assisted living place is Bellaire at Devonshire, the apartments are called Wexford Village at Devonshire, and the townhouses are The Townes at Devonshire.

The outer most loop is just short of .85 miles depending on how wide one runs the corners. 3 loops took me to 2.5 and then I ran up and down a couple short streets to get to 3, but I was 20-30 seconds short of 30 minutes so I kept going until I got there. (1 point in the wellness challenge at work for every 30 minutes of exercise.)

At our old place it use to bother me that healthy people would drive to the clubhouse to get their mail. No one was more than 100 yards away from the clubhouse. At our new place, people not only do that, but they also drive their trash to the dumpster. (At our old place we just put our trash out on Thursdays so it wasn't an issue.)  I have to get over the insane laziness of people or it is going to drive me crazy.  I just want shout at them to quit be so gosh darn lazy.

Tramps

Happy travels, 2cat.

KSA & Roch--We're watching "last" season of Homeland (Season 7). I understand the final season is next year. It's one of those shows that probably should have wrapped up a few seasons ago. It was well done at the start but has faded over the years. We like pausing the video at the especially silly, overdone faces. (Okay, maybe I like doing that.) Did I mention that we're easily amused?

Over-acting? What over-acting?!

RIP Patriots. It was a helluva run.

On a related matter, that Lamar Jackson is fun to watch.

IRC here. Out for 5 miles to start a busy week.

Be safe. Be kind.

We already watched Season 7, I realized.  Ken has some way that he gets it online as soon as it comes out.  I think it is some pirating thing.  I agree that the early seasons were more compelling, although last season (6) was pretty good.  She is an incredible actor.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

That's funny, Tramps! 

Hope you're feeling better, Holly.  And agree with what Erika said - Flu is the body aches, etc.  Barfing and pooping is the norovirus and very contagious.  My buddy, Karen, has had the pleasure of experiencing it in the extreme going on two (or three?) years in a row now.  Helluva way to lose weight.

Red Bull was initially a cure for jetlag?  When did they start adding vodka??

Dave - Are you sure you're not living in Scotland?

Nothing for me yesterday or so far today.  I got a few chores done around the house yesterday, but no workout, which left me feeling very blah this morning . . . or it could've been Hurricane Ziggy driving me nuts half the night.  That's okay.  I'll be getting even with him this afternoon when I take him to the vet for a check up. He has the breath of a rotting wildebeest, so I'm guessing a good tooth cleaning and possibly an extraction or two are in his future.  I tell ya . . . paybacks . . .

Okay - So SO much to do!  Dang these holidays!  I'm thankful we don't do any present-purchasing.  Means we don't have to battle the masses.

Enjoy ~~

Image result for funny christmas shopping images

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Good Monday Morning - or Monday night? Tuesday morning for TwoCat?

David had a much more uneventful drive back to Corvallis yesterday afternoon. thank goodness. Now I'm even more nervous about him driving back and forth. He just has this week of classes, finals next week and then home on the 13th for 3 weeks. Poor kid has a final on his 20th birthday , 12/11, and his toughest final is the following day. He may not like that but I guess I'm glad he's in the midst of finals that week so he won't be out partying. Not that he's a big party-er anyways . . . but he is away at college, so I won't be too naive.

After our cold and snowy snap of weather we had, it should be mild, dry and low 50's all week.  No running for me today though - it's the Seahawks and Vikings tonight, so I'll probably even leave work a bit early to get home shortly after kick-off.

Started the Christmas decorating last night and my tree is arriving in a couple days. Yes, I finally convinced my husband that we should get an artificial, pre-lit tree. He's never had artificial before but I find it a pain in the ass to go find a tree, which are only getting more expensive each year and then burn it a month later. I did find a nice one that looks about as real as an artificial tree can be, or at least that is what the reviews state. I told him I'd buy some pine essential oil to make the tree smell more real if he wants  .

Gotta get to work! much to do this week since I pretty much had a 6 day wknd.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Erika and Leslie - you may be right about that.  DH said that it was because he had to work a couple days before at the wastewater treatment plant, and every time he does he gets sick from something he inhales from the misty air.  At any rate, no one else got sick, probably because he quarenteed himself for the day, so all is well.

I got in 2.7 miles on the TM before heading off to meet the surgeon (again) for the preop.

I sure don't wish I lived where there was all the snow some of you are dealing with, although it is pretty darn cold and windy here today. Brrr....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all!

I'm back from my Thanksgiving travels, had a good time with family.  Now I've just realized that I think the final for my class is a different day than I told the kids -- I told them it was next Wednesday, and I think it's a week after next Monday.  Oops.  At any rate, I'm working on finishing my lecture for this afternoon.  My tech has been out with pneumonia, so hopefully she's feeling better.  She was heading back to the doc this afternoon, so we'll see.

I skipped weights this morning in favor of laundry, but did bike in.  It was good to ride again!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

dnaff

Tammy - please contact my husband and explain the practicality of an artificial tree.  I find it a losing battle.

Volunteered at the animal shelter today.  County animal control broke up another cat hoarding case.  I think this is the 3rd this year.  Excess of 40 cats each time.  We only got 6 of them at our shelter.  It's all we could hold.  We also don't adopt out this time of year.  (so many are returned after Christmas).  So we are at capacity for the next few months.  Makes cleaning difficult but we have a good crew and got it all done.

Then I took Misha to hike along the canal and the river.  We explored some new territory and some new smells.  My throat is no longer sore but my nose just keeps a running.  My lungs are shot too.  I saw one guy running along the canal and was jealous.  Maybe one more day of rest and I can be  out there too.

Tramps

please contact my husband and explain the practicality of an artificial tree.

Be safe. Be kind.

Joe618

Happy Monday all, back at it after Thanksgiving.    TwoCat, glad you made it...the hotel gym sounds amazing.    Hope the trip keeps going well. 

Tom Brady did look more like Tom Normal than Tom Terrific last night.   We should forward him a warm invitation to join our group of masters athletes, all of us a bit more "normal" now than our former "terrific" days, eh??  He'd fit right in here...

Just threw my name (actually, my credit card number) into the hat for entry into the 2020 Chicago Marathon.   Last ran it on my 63rd birthday in 2016, I'd be up for doing it again next fall.   The start line is a mere 2.5 hour drive for me, so, hey, let's give it a go.   Notification a week from Thursday, so we'll see. 

Ab work tonight again, will run tomorrow. 

Enjoy your Monday...I just had a quesadilla!!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.