Masters Running

Training week ending November 20-21, 2021 (Read 6 times)

Alexander R

Greetings, runners! Please tell us about your past training week and upcoming goals.

Alexander R

Mon 0
      Tue 8mi (1:09) treadmill
      Wed 9mi (1:16) treadmill
      Thu 10mi (1:24) treadmill
      Fri 0
      Sat 12.6mi (2:23)
      Sun 9.3mi (1:29)

Total: 48.9 miles (+43 miles on stationary bike)

post-marathon recovery continues. treadmill running was not due to bad weather. the weather was good, but it's just getting dark at like 4:40pm now. and I do not like running in the dark. last year the gym was closed, so I had no choice and I was running with a headlamp. it can be done, just not great. treadmill is better

pfriese

I was on vacation last week. The family is coming over for Thanksgiving. So, I've been busy this week preparing for that and am a bit late posting my running for the week. Here's what I had:

M - 8 miles

T - 8 miles

W - 6.1 miles

Th - 8.7 miles

F - 8.3 miles

Sa - travel/rest

Su - 14.2 miles

Total - 53.2 miles

I actually ran quite a bit on vacation probably do to "the game". And our team will be in the finals. We have 2 weeks rest since we swept the other team in the semi-finals. So, with the holiday & less incentive, I'll be cutting back quite a bit this week.

Paul

Alexander R

Great week, Paul, and congratulations to you and your team on making it to the finals! I'm sure I'd be running more if we were still in the game. But now I am just taking it easy and looking forward to the next year game.