Masters Running

Wednesday's daily, 5.3.17 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday's tutencomin workouts:

Stumpy (2 rain-avoiding miles)

RunnerKSA (3.1 back home miles)

Tramps (8.5 miles with hillage and flies)

Marj (5- mizzly miles with writing and flower-smelling)

Henrun (3 miles with mizzle)

Holly (5.2 TM miles)

Tet (5 rain-beating miles)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles)

BerthaSlayer (1 rest/recovery mile)

Rochrunner (5 TM miles)

Fatozzig (40-45 min of core & UB strength work)

Wildchild (6 neighborhood miles in snow flurries)

StarrRuns (4.7 lake miles)

Evanflein (5.3 mies with rain in the middle)

Tramps - I hate fly season!

Good start to the memoir, Marj. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

Do get those race shirts back from DD, Holly - you earned them all.

Good of you to pay respects as the funeral procession went by, Cat.

Travel well, Rochrunner.

Say it ain't snow, Wildchild!

Deeze, I also suggest you go for a 2nd opinion, especially since your doc didn't discuss any options.

Starrruns, I agree with Evanflein - be very careful if you need pain pills to run.

Had an interesting dream last night. Robin was in it - probably because she is brining her son to compete in a judged racewalk I am hosting in a week and a half. A group of folks, most of whom I didn't know, were introducing ourselves to each other and telling a little about ourselves, and for some reason I included my favorite wine ('92 Saintsbury Chardonnay - which we discovered at dinner at Domaine Chandone in Napa Valley on an anniversary trip where we also went hot-air ballooning for the first time), and one of our favorite meals (at the the O'Hare Hyatt Regency, a few decades ago, where DW had African Rock Tail Lobster and I had duck ala peche, and it was an unexpectedly amazing meal). Then I woke up, fed the cat and went for a 6.55 mile walk (with some racewalking) around the neighborhood, stretched and showered and went to breakfast at our favorite dive before heading to the office.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Jay--you have very refined dreams.

EZ 6 on a brilliantly sunny but nicely cool morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Robin is brining her son?  Like a turkey?  

6.5 miles for me today on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

6.5 miles for me today on the TM.

This crowd spell-check can get vicious.

4.5 miles in IRC (for me anyway)  46° and not much breeze.  Still no speed.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

The internet has everything.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Good Morning.  

today will be a rest day for me. should hit 90. Yesterday's 4 miles in 79 felt awfully hot to me.  I'm glad we go back down to low 60's on Saturday for my race. Should be nice and chilly in the morning.

Tammy

Hahaha!!  You guys are a funny lot!

That's what the fancy dream, Jay.

Marj - Great sentences.  I went to community college with the goal of becoming a journalist, but after 2 years on the school paper, I decided it wasn't for me.  I love to write and for years thought about writing about my parents and their relationship throughout my mom's medical ordeals. Not sitting down with my dad and getting the whole story is something I will always regret.

Now, Wildchild?  And what constitutes a neighborhood in your neck of the mountains??

Deez - Hope you get some clear direction from your other doc.

40 min of core/UB ST this morning after spending about 10 min at 5:00 a.m. trying to talk myself out of getting up and working out later.  I finally yelled at myself, "You're awake!  Get up!"  Glad I did.

My consultation for a possible cortisone injection was moved up to . . . TODAY!  Yay!  I know a lot of people don't like cortisone and I am well aware of its side affects, but in the last 30 years, I've had 2 shots - one in my wrist and one in my ankle and both times it solved the inflammation issue and I haven't had any problems since.  That's my goal this time around - just try it and see if it works.  If it does, then I can start working on the underlying issue of pelvic instability, weak glutes, etc., as well as my - as Jay says - damstrings.

Have a wonderful day, friends ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

3.1 this morning.  Cool and sunny.    Last night after work I did 2.1 more miles while I watched the news.

2.2 miles after work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no fair doing spell-checks on words I've never heard of, especially,  not since spareribs days, have there been two-or-more in one posting. Great idea, though, to memoir journeys and manageable pieces of life along the way instead of the whole, otherwise too daunting, account usually associated with memoirs.

Whew!  Contrary to dire warnings of clearing skies and temps threatened as high as 70o today for the first time in six months, the familiar sounds of heavy rain splattering on the roof roused me into early-morning action for a last ditch fiver in the wetness as I've been doing since early October (remember Portland?) before summer strikes with a vengeance still predicted for later this afternoon.  We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

4 easy miles today complete with lots of coughing. Beautiful day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

evanflein

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! Great image, Tramps!

GL with the second opinion, Deez, and the consultation today, Leslie. Count me in on those not big fans of cortisone injections, especially for connective tissue (which is apparently not your situation) as it weakens the tissue. That's why I cringed at the thought of Jlynne getting that in her foot, as everything I've seen said don't do that for PF. Speaking of Jlynne, I hope she checks in sometime.

Overcast today with the sun peeking out here and there. I'll run later, not sure where or how far at this point. Brought stuff good for a run home in sprinkles, or run around here (in sprinkles) and just stay near campus. We'll see. If the forecast 9-11 mph winds from the east with sporadic showers happen, I'm not running home as that would be 10 miles of wet headwind running. No thanks.

Tet and Lori snuck in while I was typing! Glad you got another wet 5 miler in, Tet. Wouldn't want to get too warm out there, right? Lori, take care of that cough. Those things can settle into bronchitis really quickly.

Where is twocat these days?

MTA Later.... 9.2 miles at good steady pace in a "mizzle" that got harder then backed off.

catwhoorg

Labrat

An almost entirely uneventful 5 for me.

Didn't see any of the regular walkers in the park that get a daily wave. Only saw one other person on foot and they were working in their yard.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Dave59

I read this and original message a bunch and couldn't figure out what was funny.  Not until someone commented about spellchecking did I notice that it didn't say "bringing".

Last night I stopped at the gym on the way home from work and then did some virus removal on a neighbor's PC.  I hope there is a special level in Dante's hell for people who infect 80+ year old's computers with adware.

This morning was 4.33 miles in perfect weather.  (Is the correct acronym IRC?)

Then a surprise invite to a 3-hour meeting which has pretty much made me useless for the rest of the day.  I hope there is a special level in Dante's hell for people who hold 3-hour meetings that cover 2 dozen projects with no breaks. 

pfriese

Another easy 6 mile recovery run around town on a very windy day.

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I am finally over a 3 day headache that just kicked my butt.  It's amazing how much different I feel today than the last 3 days...I can't imagine how people survive with chronic pain that never ends.

I read this and original message a bunch and couldn't figure out what was funny.  Not until someone commented about spellchecking did I notice that it didn't say "bringing".

Yep--me, too.  That kid in the roasting pan was hilarious.

Well, after 4 days of no running, I loosened up the duct tape and went out for 6 miles.  I have always read and heard that the workout you do 10 days before an event is the last workout that impacts your performance.  So, I went ahead and pushed it just a little bit for 2 miles, then a little bit more for 2 miles, then back to just a little bit for the last 2.  My heel hurt the whole way, but my calves never gave me any trouble, which is my main concern for the marathon.  I think I can suffer through the heel pain but the calves just take me down.  It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.

Okay--that's it.  Debbie is waiting for me to throw some burgers on the grill.  See ya!